GHD Style Lounge TSV Sat 20th June

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have been looking at GHDs and think I need the salon style with wider plates. Is there a world of difference between the normal ones and the salon ones? I have long hair and would want to do a bit of straightening and some large curls (assuming I can actually work the things, maladaptive klutz that I am.) :grin:

The mini ones might be good for you BL. I use my straighteners on my mum's short hair to give it a lift and body. I have the big pair and it's a bit tricky but do-able. Either the mini or medium would work for you.

Thanks PP. Didn't realise there were three sizes - which ones are the TSV then?

Last edited:
Bunny woman- I am not actually sure you can curl with the wide plates of the salon style model. I know there were minor tweaks made to the regular ones over time to help do the loose curl thing. Curls look and stay well but are a right faff to do.

Last edited:
My hairdresser showed me how to do them on myself and it's fine on my jaw length hair at first but even though my arms are worked out daily thanks to powerball (our gyroscopic hero) they got mighty tired after a while. Great maybe for an up do with just a few curls to complete the look.

Bunny woman- I am not actually sure you can curl with the wide plates of the salon style model. I know there were minor tweaks made to the regular ones over time to help do the loose curl thing. Curls look and stay well but are a right faff to do.

I do curls with mine - I find it easy to do. You just have to twist the styler before pulling through the hair. I do it everyday as I don't have and don't want straight hair.

I watched them do it on a demo on qvc and then looked at some videos on you tube and hey presto.

I stand corrected Rosie, that will be good news for plenty of peeps. Do you find the wide plate model heavy or have they factored that in?

The wide ones do weigh a bit more than the standard ones but they do get the job done a lot more quickly. I haven't tried doing curls with either sort so I'm afraid I can't be much help on that front.

I stand corrected Rosie, that will be good news for plenty of peeps. Do you find the wide plate model heavy or have they factored that in?

Sorry Vamps - it was me that was wrong :doh: I mis-read what you had put and thought you said it was hard to curl using GHD's - not just the wide plate ones. I have the GHD IV like the tsv ones. Must put my glasses on:22:

I curl with the wide salon ones. Not terribly easy, but comes with practise. The best ones to curl with are the barrel shaped ones which would be the medium and mini.

Try this gdh fake website checker:

http://www.ghdhair.com/beware-imitations/website-checker/

I got this plain black set which came with a free bottle of GHD styling spray and a heatproof mat/bag for £99 inc free delivery if you don't want the leopard print bag - also it was a next day delivery!!!!

http://www.lookfantastic.com/electr...r-for-normal-fine-hair-and-free-heat-mat.html

Thanks that site for checking fake ghds was very helpful.
I can live with the leopard print since the ghds are actually black, it just wouldnt be my first choice but then so many times in the past I have bought things because I like the colour :doh:

That site doesn't sell genuine.

I am not a fan of leopard print but it is only the case that has it so if I go for TSV just won't use the case.

Maybe you can put one on cheque hold later on, give you time to decide.

I didnt think it was genuine, the prices were too low.
I am thinking about putting one on cheque hold then I can watch the demo in the morning before I go away, just wonder what the chances are of it selling out before the repeat

Fingers crossed its divisable by 2 with payments of £45.36,3 with payments of £30.24, and ( we can but dream) 4 with payments of £22.68!

If so I may get these as a surprise for DD @ Crimbo, even though she is currently using the shocking pink ones!:clap:

Really hoping for EP would make my decision a lot easier :)
but they dont seem to be offering it so much these days especially on TSV's :sad:

Have to agree Vampy, got half a head done on several occasions and given up due mainly to shoulder and upper arm ache but them I dont have good arm muscles:muscle:

I have tried just scattering a few curls all over till my arms ache but I end up with a very unflattering 'dragged through an edge backward, look :emo:.

Maybe if I had a proper dressing table to sit at and rest my arms on it would be better but sadly I dont have the room in my little flat :doh:

Bet

Following on from my earlier question and the very helpful replies, would this TSV be suitable for my shortish layered hair then?

ghd Rare Special Edition IV Hair Styler with Heat Proof Pouch & Compact Mirror

Today's Special Value Price £90.72

QVC Price £110.00

Item Number 432632

Availability In stock

UK P&P £5.95

Get your hands on ghd's latest special edition Rare IV styler set and tap into this season's 'jungle chic' look. The glossy piano black styler boasts gold glistening plates and a rounded barrel to help you create perfect curls, waves, flicks and poker-straight styles. It comes with an on-trend leopard print heat-resistant pouch, plus a black flocked carry case that can also be used to keep your jewellery in, and a golden crystal embellished ghd compact mirror with a small gold purse. The styler has a 30-minute sleep function and universal voltage.

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.432632

ghd Rare Special Edition IV Hair Styler with Heat Proof Pouch & Compact Mirror
Today's Special Value Price £90.72
QVC Price £110.00
Item Number 432632
Availability In stock
UK P&P £5.95
Get your hands on ghd's latest special edition Rare IV styler set and tap into this season's 'jungle chic' look. The glossy piano black styler boasts gold glistening plates and a rounded barrel to help you create perfect curls, waves, flicks and poker-straight styles. It comes with an on-trend leopard print heat-resistant pouch, plus a black flocked carry case that can also be used to keep your jewellery in, and a golden crystal embellished ghd compact mirror with a small gold purse. The styler has a 30-minute sleep function and universal voltage.

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.432632

RRP is £129 and the official site are doing them for £119, so TSV is bliddy good price.

Latest posts

Back