GHD Style Lounge TSV Sat 20th June

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

My hairdresser and I were talking about GHDs on Thursday while I was having my cut n colour as I was telling her about them being on QVC. She doesn't rate them, but her daughter does and uses them every day. I'd asked her years ago if she would get me some GHDs from her wholesalers, but she didn't seem keen on them and brought me another brand called PBM instead, which cost me a good £40 less than the GHDs would have and I've had them about 7 years with continual use and they've been ace. I can't comment on the GHDs per se, but I must admit they do look good and well made...if I was getting some new ones (without her knowing ;) ) I'd go for them...

I went right off GHD's after seeing Watchdogs' report about older GHD's setting on fire, their response to their customers wasn't good, so I've learnt to live with my curly hair:cheeky:

I went right off GHD's after seeing Watchdogs' report about older GHD's setting on fire, their response to their customers wasn't good, so I've learnt to live with my curly hair:cheeky:

Curly hair is nice :flower:

Be careful when your GHD advanced orders come through. My daughter ordered a GHD styler in February from QVC and it had most definitely been used. I saw it, packaging ripped open, white sticky stuff and hair on the "blades" Yuck! They went straight back.

TSV Arrived

My TSV arrived a little while ago :clap:

The leopard print is actually not too bad, I am not a fan of prints really but it is actually ok.

The styler itself is lovely, really sleek and shiny. I shall be having a play later and see what it is like to use. :)

It came in what I thought was a rather large box but it was very well packed with loads of bubble so I could see why the box was the size it was.

Mine have just arrived too very well packaged and not left at the front door either. Unlike ones for DD in Feb the outer box was all riped luckly the GHD's were ok and we managed to have them for her birthday as we came home just before her to find them sat at the front door.
Anyway just heated them up and had a play not too much as thanks to those on here awaiting the recommended Kerastase cemit heat protection.
Love the cute purse/mirror :flower:

That is precisely why I won't buy another set - the wire on mine caught fire whilst I was using them (despite never winding the cord round the straighteners) nearly setting my hair on fire. Phoned them, sent them back and initially they were really helpful - they were 3 years old, outside the warranty and despite them being a health hazard and not having been mistreated, they refused to do anything apart from offer me a new pair at £95. In the end I bought a pair of FHIs which are made in the same factory for about £45

My TSV arrived a little while ago :clap:

The leopard print is actually not too bad, I am not a fan of prints really but it is actually ok.

The styler itself is lovely, really sleek and shiny. I shall be having a play later and see what it is like to use. :)

It came in what I thought was a rather large box but it was very well packed with loads of bubble so I could see why the box was the size it was.

Mine arrived this morning too and I am really pleased with it, the packaging and the box looks great and I agree Sazza the leopard print is not that bad, more a goldy colour than the brown safari colour
It would make someone a lovely prezzie but I am keeping mine for myself, havent tried it out yet but will do that tomorrow

I was having a bad day on Saturday and decided on some retail therapy . I bought some mini ones from the GHD website and thought OMG what am I doing spending this much ? But when I tried them I understood the so called hype . I have really short hair and they give a natural textured look in a few minutes . I'm really pleased . If they last a year it's only £2 a week . That's how I justify it anyway .

Mine arrived yesterday and like the others were very well packaged, just had a quick peek as OH was home, and have squirrelled them away in the wardrobe :LOL:

Agree very much with sazza re the leopard print, it is indeed very stylish and not in the least bit 'tacky' :CLAP:

Will try them later and then hide them away as a little surprise for DD @ Christmas ( despite her having the shocking pink ones)

still loving my babyliss 230 for £40 and my swartkopf spray for £1.99 (offer on at boots) used with the ojon oil,shampoo and conditioner i am very happy with the result.must try elasticizer though as i dont want to test fate...

^^lol, I was thinking of buying some GHDs but passed on the tsv.. . and funnily enough was looking to add the babyliss ones to my shopping list!

I simply cannot justify spending 100 quid on hair straighteners no matter how hard I try - particularly since most of the people in this thread mention how theirs last only a few years or whatever.

It's still an incredibly insane amount to spend on something that will not even last or probably blow up in your face! :down:

I bought the babyliss ones mentioned on here and they are fantastic. I paid just over £29 which was as much as I would spend on something like this.I have tried my DD's GHD's and personally I cannot see the difference. I have a bob and the different look compared to when I blow dry is a lovely change.

I've had GHD'S for years, salon and normal styles. I am using the Babyliss Freedom at the moment and given my GHDS to my kids as i get even better results with them. They are well worth the money IMHO, much cheaper than GHD'S.

I have never been convinced about GHDs. My hairdresser uses them on me when I am there and my niece has a pair which I have used at times and they don't seem to work any better than my Babyliss ones so I felt I couldn't justify the price of GHDs.

Anyway I decided to take advantage of the QVC's TSV price and their 30 day MBG to really give GHDs a try.

Mine arrived earlier in the week and having used them I am still not convinced. Actually I am wondering if the ones I have are faulty as I don't think they are as hot as they should be, using these is really hard work, much more than whenever I have borrowed my nieces. Also usually if I do my hair in morning it lasts all day, whereas I have been noticing that my hair has been jumping up, curl creeping back in within a few hours, hence why I am wondering if the ones I got are faulty, maybe the heat just isn't there.

Does anyone know what temp GHDs should heat to?

Latest posts

Back