General ridiculousness thread

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guy Kean was doing a preview, presumably for the electric duster. He was holding up a traditional 'duster', laughing, and said 'some people in Britain still use these, no wonder EVERYONE is larrrrrfing at them'.

Yes, some people do use them Guy, and your channels sell them. It was a ****** microfibre cloth.

What a moron.

I see PD are doing the £10 credit AGAIN

They're still selling that Christmas wrapping paper bundle but passing it off for Anniversarys instead

I suspect the £10 credit will remain until the penny finally drops with people.

I'm surprised they aren't marketing it as Easter wrapping paper.

It seems as if they can't sell anything unless they tempt with the stupid voucher

When the penny does drop, what then?

Who knows Momma, i'd like to think people will not make an impulse purchase just because of the 'vouchers'.

But they'll come up with another idea, they're shameless.

They'll be selling incontinence pads next.

I challenge everyone to turn the sound off when Guy Kean is on and just watch him, the man looks like a bleeding lunatic.

What's with the gurning and the constant looking from side to side? He is such a strange man.

Last edited:
sportsman use this vivitar blood pressure thing

yes right they do guy

he is one of the worst for spouting utter bollocks im afraid

sportsman use this vivitar blood pressure thing

yes right they do guy

he is one of the worst for spouting utter bollocks im afraid

Indeed, however I put it down to incompetence and stupidity rather than a deliberate intent to deceive.

And it's clear he isn't really interested either but in the absence of the RSC knocking anytime soon he would probably do well to buck up his ideas.

really?

makes to many "mistakes" for me

not as stupid as he makes out for the times he is on he sells a fair whack to the same old names

really?

makes to many "mistakes" for me

not as stupid as he makes out for the times he is on he sells a fair whack to the same old names

You may well be right but for now I think there are far more concerning characters at those channels than him. Not that i'd name names of course :wink:

I feel a bit sorry for Guy. I bet a theatre luvvie like himself never dreamed he would end up in such a downmarket production as this, with ham actors like Mike Mason 'top of the bill'.

Last edited:
Bod is selling a 2 pk of Bison Poly Max. He was building up to a price reduction and it fell to £9.97, much to Bod's delight and prompted him to boast 'not less than £20 delivered but less than £10 plus your (£7.99) UK P+P'. So that would be less than £20 delivered then Bod?

What a plank.

Last edited:
Re the vouchers! It's just crossed my mind that they're shooting themselves in the foot a bit with this one. It may have worked at first, but I'm sure even people who don't read this site have come to realise that these vouchers aren't worth the fresh air they're printed on! and hopefully won't revisit the experience. So they're reducing the prices to stop the voucher users, they're sticking p&p deals on to stop the voucher users, they're putting relatively low price items on easy pay, to stop the voucher users.....Well I haven't got one of your poxy vouchers...so I can make the most of your "slashed prices", and "p&p deals" and provided I don't take you up on a easy pay deal, I can save myself the cost of the phonecall by ordering on line - So thanks Sit up, you've inadvertantly given the customers a good deal! Don't worry I'm sure it'll stop as soon as the rest of the "voucher suckers" wise up and stop making impulse purchases. Mind you, ask we speak, there's probably a team of t*ssers brewing up the next scheme in which they can hoodwink the customers!

Re the vouchers! It's just crossed my mind that they're shooting themselves in the foot a bit with this one. It may have worked at first, but I'm sure even people who don't read this site have come to realise that these vouchers aren't worth the fresh air they're printed on! and hopefully won't revisit the experience. So they're reducing the prices to stop the voucher users, they're sticking p&p deals on to stop the voucher users, they're putting relatively low price items on easy pay, to stop the voucher users.....Well I haven't got one of your poxy vouchers...so I can make the most of your "slashed prices", and "p&p deals" and provided I don't take you up on a easy pay deal, I can save myself the cost of the phonecall by ordering on line - So thanks Sit up, you've inadvertantly given the customers a good deal! Don't worry I'm sure it'll stop as soon as the rest of the "voucher suckers" wise up and stop making impulse purchases. Mind you, ask we speak, there's probably a team of t*ssers brewing up the next scheme in which they can hoodwink the customers!

And the window you can 'spend' the vouchers is getting smaller and smaller, just 2 days now.

And at least when they first started with the vouchers they occasionally mentioned when you can spend them, they barely bother now. In fact they barely ever refer anyone to the T&C's on the website anymore, they just leave it to a quick flash of an air caption. So sneaky.

Bod is the worst of the lot, he never stops boasting them. He's as shady as the rest of them now. At least Ben said have a good look at the T&C's for full details, then again he's relatively new. He'll no doubt be corrupted in due course.

Last edited:
Guy Kean came out with another good-un this morning, you know how they are always trying to make up excuses to
buy from them rather than buying from the high street, well Guy was selling a tray of Fuchsias and said...
'i was in the garden centre the other day and people were PUSHING AND SHOVING it was really awful' ha ha
i know just what you are saying Guy, theres always a big scrap going on in our local garden centre

Guy Kean came out with another good-un this morning, you know how they are always trying to make up excuses to
buy from them rather than buying from the high street, well Guy was selling a tray of Fuchsias and said...
'i was in the garden centre the other day and people were PUSHING AND SHOVING it was really awful' ha ha
i know just what you are saying Guy, theres always a big scrap going on in our local garden centre

What are they doing at these garden centres? Peter Simon was at one the other week but he couldn't name it. Do they get out their little notebook and jot down the prices and run back to Bid? Or do they spot a nice looking solar light and sketch it?

Or are they looking for a scrap? lol

The Deal of the Day t'other day.....Philip Mercier Interchangeable Strap Set £4.99

Caroline just had the same set for the same price. So the deal isn't just for the one day then.

just saw that!

caroline now has another family member who had a stroke

jesus wept

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back