General ridiculousness thread

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peter Simon is like a stuck record. What, with his unnecessary monologues containing more sexual innuendo than a copy of Razzle (I don't read that by the way), Larry Grayson impersonations which come nowhere close, pushing his tongue into his cheek to make him look even more stupid.... and having a laugh worse than Skeletor.... he really is doing my head in (he's overtaking Mikey boy at the moment for me!!!) :puke:

Is anyone actually at the controls at Bid.tv? Ofcom are going to have a field day! Hardly anything has changed! Prepare for landing folks, it's about to get bumpy... no wonder Peter Simon is jumping out of a plane.

Mason makes me mildly seethe (and snigger when he tries to talk about astronomy or anything he deems himself to be extremely knowledgeable about) but Peter Simon is one of the only people I've ever seen on tv who genuinely manages to make me feel physically ill. He does this thing from time to time during his monologues where, after saying something horrible, he turns to the camera at the side (technical language, I know!), says nothing but blinks excessively. I don't know why that one act disturbs me so much but it is faintly nightmarish. I don't watch him very often anymore.

I'm thinking that a Peter Simon drinking game might be in order one night. I'll take a swig of gin every time I hear "not only" or "delicious". I suspect I'd be in a bad way within half an hour, though!

I'm thinking that a Peter Simon drinking game might be in order one night. I'll take a swig of gin every time I hear "not only" or "delicious". I suspect I'd be in a bad way within half an hour, though!

Great idea. When our Bett or Maude is mentioned drink a cocktail

It is a little known fact that two of the Buddhas are based on the bid bosses. Hear no evil and see no evil.

It is a little known fact that two of the Buddhas are based on the bid bosses. Hear no evil and see no evil.

It is said that if the Three Buddha's ever meet Peter Simon's worry angels a paradox will be created opening a time vortex where demons from a parallel dimension will come into our own - also known as the Jurassic Park effect. :eek:

Peter Simon is like a stuck record. What, with his unnecessary monologues containing more sexual innuendo than a copy of Razzle (I don't read that by the way), Larry Grayson impersonations which come nowhere close, pushing his tongue into his cheek to make him look even more stupid.... and having a laugh worse than Skeletor.... he really is doing my head in (he's overtaking Mikey boy at the moment for me!!!) :puke:

Is anyone actually at the controls at Bid.tv? Ofcom are going to have a field day! Hardly anything has changed! Prepare for landing folks, it's about to get bumpy... no wonder Peter Simon is jumping out of a plane.

He often makes me feel uncomfortable however, when he is on with Helen Bates I just dread what the next line will be. Maybe i'm getting old and prudish but I really don't like how rude they can be.

Last edited:
Dirty Peter said in his intro 'live from The London Studios' which is actually the name of the massive LWT Studios on the South Bank.

I think he means 'live from some tatty office block in East London' :grin:

Little 'Pocket Sized' Mark Ryes dosen't look so pocket sized to me anymore, he's becoming more like a Mini McDonald these days.

Little 'Pocket Sized' Mark Ryes dosen't look so pocket sized to me anymore, he's becoming more like a Mini McDonald these days.

Don't you think Bod is a boring, skinnier mini version of Steve Macdonald, they both have the same hairstyle and it looks like they were the same shirts on occasion. If only Bod could get a Steve Macdonald personality transplant and he might actually be worth watching.

Don't you think Bod is a boring, skinnier mini version of Steve Macdonald, they both have the same hairstyle and it looks like they were the same shirts on occasion. If only Bod could get a Steve Macdonald personality transplant and he might actually be worth watching.

Poor Bod. He's highly compliant but desperately dull although off camera I believe he likes off road cycling and he's a mean Latin dancer.

He's not so bad though, compared to Chris Birkett he's positively effervescent.

I do see a likeness between Bod & McDonald, Bod seems more honest though.

Last edited:
Rezzy love, you might be a good liar, in as much as you can say stuff straight to camera without going red, itching your nose, or laughing...but I'm sorry I don't believe for one moment that you'd be seen anywhere with that frumpy old Rosa Benini handbag you were telling us you loved so much...It was pink, beige and beige again with little flashes of silver,It was patchwork and well, just frumpy beyond belief, I doubt if even Caroline Lyndsay would even go for it, it was that awful...names like Edna, Marjorie and Beryl were flashing across the screen and then she said well done Marjorie...Oh I love that name..yeah sure you do Rez!

Shouldn't generalise, I know, but Rezzy strikes me as a girl who's very fashion concious and the sort that would put one her make up and stilettos to go down the corner shop..Yes, I'm sure she's got a casual look to, but you can bet your life it doesn't consist of orthapaedic footwear and frumpy handbags!

Rezzy love, you might be a good liar, in as much as you can say stuff straight to camera without going red, itching your nose, or laughing...but I'm sorry I don't believe for one moment that you'd be seen anywhere with that frumpy old Rosa Benini handbag you were telling us you loved so much...It was pink, beige and beige again with little flashes of silver,It was patchwork and well, just frumpy beyond belief, I doubt if even Caroline Lyndsay would even go for it, it was that awful...names like Edna, Marjorie and Beryl were flashing across the screen and then she said well done Marjorie...Oh I love that name..yeah sure you do Rez!

Shouldn't generalise, I know, but Rezzy strikes me as a girl who's very fashion concious and the sort that would put one her make up and stilettos to go down the corner shop..Yes, I'm sure she's got a casual look to, but you can bet your life it doesn't consist of orthapaedic footwear and frumpy handbags!

I don't know who they think they're trying to kid. Why not say 'my Mum would like this' or 'my Nan/Gran would be pleased if I bought her this'

Still highly unlikely but maybe more believable

I know they can't say the truth but come on purleeez

I thought I was seeing things earlier but i'm happy to say I wasn't.

Steve McDonald was selling a 9ct Gold Chain and not only did he verbally, on several occasions, confirm the exact gram weight but the on screen caption also confirmed it. Now, before we get carried away with this display of candour it was a quite a big chain (over 10 grams) and maybe that's why they were so clear.

I thought I was seeing things earlier but i'm happy to say I wasn't.

Steve McDonald was selling a 9ct Gold Chain and not only did he verbally, on several occasions, confirm the exact gram weight but the on screen caption also confirmed it. Now, before we get carried away with this display of candour it was a quite a big chain (over 10 grams) and maybe that's why they were so clear.

But still from little acorns .... Who am I kidding!

Dirty Peter said in his intro 'live from The London Studios' which is actually the name of the massive LWT Studios on the South Bank.

I think he means 'live from some tatty office block in East London' :grin:

Get your facts right - it's in an industrial estate in West London.

Get your facts right - it's in an industrial estate in West London.

I should have said East Acton but I think people got the point I was making. But whatever grief hole they broadcast from it certainly isn't The London Studios!

Last edited:
How's this for ridiculous? There is no stock on the Bid plus website! There's a few plants on the homepage presumably being shown on the tv throughout the day...but the website has NO STOCK....WHY? Pointless waste of time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back