General ridiculousness thread

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone has been looking through the computer recently, Tonight on Bid I've heard the old 3 hooter price plunge from price drop rather than the 1 which goes on forever, heartbeat sound effect and just now the price drop train bell plunge sound effect too, I hope they bring back the original megadrop sound effect too and how about the old auction avalanche sound effect as well.

Someone must be reading this thread as Andy just sold 20 picture frames for £1 and they used the megadrop sound effect, I've not heard that for months. They also used the video of the coins hitting the orange megadrop text.

Andy is being funny again today he just said do you watch those shopping channels? no neither do I...I'm too busy, I had a flick through them once but they are not for me.

Last edited:
Why is it that when telling a story or is talking about the price of something feels the need to add and I genuinely mean this or I wouldn't be telling you this if it wasn't true? IMHO it is like a small child when they are about to tell a lie or when I comic makes up a story to fit a joke they say similar things, like this really happened. I automatically think yeah right, now especially with bid presenters

Price drop selling a big button mobile. Presenter said 'you could use this as your home phone' I wonder how many will think that means you can use it on your BT home phone line.

PJ

Especially older people will think that it can be used for any landline service.

Twice now, while selling those wonderful egg cookers, I've heard that one producer of 28 had never boiled an egg and now with Bod, his producer boiled their first egg today.

They make out it's something only Gordon Ramsey could attempt. How on earth they became producers I'll never know.

Twice now, while selling those wonderful egg cookers, I've heard that one producer of 28 had never boiled an egg and now with Bod, his producer boiled their first egg today.

They make out it's something only Gordon Ramsey could attempt. How on earth they became producers I'll never know.

Indeed Momma, if you're going to blag at least remember the blag!

I think it's just an excuse so she can get on screen, she looks like a bit of a showoff.

As Adam mentioned yesterday Peter has yet again completely forgotten about P+P but not the £10 credit.

'Everything is under £20 plus £10 credit' is the mantra. My mantra is cut it out or expect a COMPLAINT!

Last edited:
As Adam mentioned yesterday Peter has yet again completely forgotten about P+P but not the £10 credit.

'Everything is under £20 plus £10 credit' is the mantra. My mantra is cut it out or expect a COMPLAINT!

He's just said he has limited stock of this leather patch bag, he has 200!

'how many times have you put your hand in a pocket and stroked it'......:puke:

Thankfully missed it Wirral but he has just made gestures around his chest area and he is making me feel sick, I'm off

I'm with you there, him and Bates on together is too much for a sensitive soul like me!

I am gonna call their customer service tomorrow about his monologues. Unwelcome anytime of the day. Probably won't get anywhere but you never know.

I am gonna call their customer service tomorrow about his monologues. Unwelcome anytime of the day. Probably won't get anywhere but you never know.

I wouldn't bother PJ....You'll end up through to someone, who'll just say we're terribly sorry you are unhappy meester P.J...We have a beautiful offer..spend a million quid with our channels between 5th and 6th of June and you'll receive an oven cleaner of the highest delight, I guess you could write, but I don't fancy your chances of getting a response. 'Fraid your best bet's the ASA again...especially if he's been disgusting and suggestive before the watershed!

I wouldn't bother PJ....You'll end up through to someone, who'll just say we're terribly sorry you are unhappy meester P.J...We have a beautiful offer..spend a million quid with our channels between 5th and 6th of June and you'll receive an oven cleaner of the highest delight, I guess you could write, but I don't fancy your chances of getting a response. 'Fraid your best bet's the ASA again...especially if he's been disgusting and suggestive before the watershed!

As ever Merry, wise words :) x

Peter Simon is like a stuck record. What, with his unnecessary monologues containing more sexual innuendo than a copy of Razzle (I don't read that by the way), Larry Grayson impersonations which come nowhere close, pushing his tongue into his cheek to make him look even more stupid.... and having a laugh worse than Skeletor.... he really is doing my head in (he's overtaking Mikey boy at the moment for me!!!) :puke:

Is anyone actually at the controls at Bid.tv? Ofcom are going to have a field day! Hardly anything has changed! Prepare for landing folks, it's about to get bumpy... no wonder Peter Simon is jumping out of a plane.

Those serenity pots are back but not only do you get 1, not only do you get 2, Not only do you get 3, not only do you get 4, not only do you get 5, Not only do you get 6, not only do you get 7, not only do you get 8, Not only do you get 9 and a £10 credit for £14.99, First time I've seen them sell 9 of them, remember the fuss about a mistake when they had 6 on and you should only get 3?

Peter "isn't that lovely", "Oh i'm going to smack myself if I say that word again"

Last edited:
Is anyone actually at the controls at Bid.tv? Ofcom are going to have a field day! Hardly anything has changed! Prepare for landing folks, it's about to get bumpy... no wonder Peter Simon is jumping out of a plane.
From what little I've seen of Peter Simon this evening, the mentions of P&P have been relatively minimal and there was no mention whatsoever of any terms and conditions attached to the "free £10 credit" promotion they are pushing.

(Of course the very existence of terms and conditions may have been mentioned in text scrolling across the screen - I didn't watch Bid TV for that long tonight - but that's still not good enough.)

Do they realise what is likely to happen to them when the ASA and Ofcom conclude that precious little has changed? It's either sheer arrogance or they are getting really desperate.

From what little I've seen of Peter Simon this evening, the mentions of P&P have been relatively minimal and there was no mention whatsoever of any terms and conditions attached to the "free £10 credit" promotion they are pushing.

(Of course the very existence of terms and conditions may have been mentioned in text scrolling across the screen - I didn't watch Bid TV for that long tonight - but that's still not good enough.)

Do they realise what is likely to happen to them when the ASA and Ofcom conclude that precious little has changed? It's either sheer arrogance or they are getting really desperate.

Maybe OFCOM have indicated to them they don't think things are as bas as the ASA have suggested? Stranger things have happened.

Heaven help us if that is the case!

Peter Simon is like a stuck record. What, with his unnecessary monologues containing more sexual innuendo than a copy of Razzle (I don't read that by the way), Larry Grayson impersonations which come nowhere close, pushing his tongue into his cheek to make him look even more stupid.... and having a laugh worse than Skeletor.... he really is doing my head in (he's overtaking Mikey boy at the moment for me!!!) :puke:

well, forum member The Insider stated that they hope myself and other 'haters' are strapped to him when he is pushed (Peter Simon's word)
I don't think this forum member is wishing me and others well with this statement somehow..........how very unpleasant of them!

"It catches the light from all angles" well it would hardly have a force field around half it it causing light to dissipate would it. This isn't the moon with a desk side. Seriously Simon. Oh and it isn't pronounced Pot Purée you idiot it is a silent t you wat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back