General items that have come and gone...why?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

We never see Deans or Cambridge bears any more, and I seem to remember Martin Herman of Herman Spielwaren on IW not all that long ago - did they ever do Merrythought?

Jacques Farel very blingy watches with bezel set crystal bracelets - I bought dozens of Brite Bites too and still buy Aveda (I wait for offers on Lookfantastic), I remember Debbie Flint used to plug the Kahuna watch range - now available I believe in Argos/Tesco - I had a rolykit jewellery box until recently too, it finally gave up on me and fell apart!

Liquid gold furniture polish (seen at Ideal Home Show), 'no wet wonder foam' (on another home shopping channel now) - and did I see 'red earth' make up before they went under?

Qtica hand and foot products (sold with Zoya nail polishes, same brand I believe)

I'm sure there's loads more, but I'm getting old and my memory's not what it was......

There was a woman with a loud and sharp voice who sold jewellery, little matching sets, with lots of semi precious stones such as Alexandrite.

Alexandra Elliot disappeared into the ether too, didn't she? And is it my memory, or did they give that awful Octoberfest thing a miss last year?

I've just googled Rolykits and found some on Ebay! Are they useful. I seem to have so many little bits and pieces that I never really use but don't really want to get rid of. Would I use one or would it be another "charity shop" purchase?

They are good, if you have lots of little things to store away, so they may be ideal for you. They are also sturdy, I don't know why QVC stopped selling them though.

I had the swivel sweeper and the handle broke off just on the bit that bends near the battery so i sent it back and had another one to replace it and now Ive just had the same problem with the replacement so again its going back to be relpaced again I've not had either long enough for the battery to wear out .
I have not found another sweeper that works as well as this one so i will keep replacing it as long as they stock them in the hopes they can improve the handle design and by the sounds of it the battery to

Remember that French lady who used to sell those lovely lace and silk lingerie bags and cushions and acessories for your bedroom? I also loved Armilla which was a South African Jewellery designer. She used to do quite a bit of jewellery with pink ribbons sponsoring Breast Cancer Care. QVC don't half go off people!

Remember that French lady who used to sell those lovely lace and silk lingerie bags and cushions and acessories for your bedroom? I also loved Armilla which was a South African Jewellery designer. She used to do quite a bit of jewellery with pink ribbons sponsoring Breast Cancer Care. QVC don't half go off people!

Armilla is now the 'sole distributor' of her jewellery.
plz, have a look if you like at http://www.armilla.co.za/

I have a vague memory of some israeli woman who sold jewellery and then suddenly promoted her own CD as a singer???

They are good, if you have lots of little things to store away, so they may be ideal for you. They are also sturdy, I don't know why QVC stopped selling them though.

Joy Mangano went to HSN in the US - still going strong over there. I've got several of her jewellery boxes which are excellent - along the same lines as a roly kit. The origianl huggable hangers came from her and they are also excellent.

Ok Guys, Im hoping. I can get some help here. Years ago I bought a fab painting system from QVC. It was a trough with a roller on top and several different sized pads and a triangle one for corners. It really worked well for me but think it got disposed of with our old shed!!!
I think I have seen it on another channel (god knows which one!!) so if anyone has a brainwave and can let me know the name I would be really grateful

There's a Paint Master System that Ideal World appear to sell but although I have a vague recollection of the item you mean, I can't recall it well ehough to remember exactly what it looked like!
I remember the brush cleaning thing that used to spin round at about 100mph, I think QVC still sell that?
Anyway, the paint system that might be similar:

http://www.idealworld.tv/Paint_Master_System_144527.aspx

Does anyone remember Wight Sands silver jewellery that used to be on QVC. I bought a lovely pendant in the shape of a sea-shell and often when I wear it some one asks me where I got it from. They were unusual designs and well made. I've searched the web to see if I could buy pieces from anywhere but no luck so far. I think that the lady who brought it to QVC was based on the Isle of Wight....any sleuths out there?

Does anyone remember Wight Sands silver jewellery that used to be on QVC. I bought a lovely pendant in the shape of a sea-shell and often when I wear it some one asks me where I got it from. They were unusual designs and well made. I've searched the web to see if I could buy pieces from anywhere but no luck so far. I think that the lady who brought it to QVC was based on the Isle of Wight....any sleuths out there?

Yes Charlie Brooks used to present it alot for what I can remeber.

Did anyone hear Jennifer from Kirks Folly saying last night that she's one of the original few sellers still on QVC? I think she's been reading this forum:18:

I've got a couple of the roly kits! I love them, I keep all my sewing stuff in them, so it's easy to see what colours I've got, or need.

When my son was younger he had one for his warcraft figures, so his is all covered in paint, but he's still got it!!

Ann

Joy Mangano went to HSN in the US - still going strong over there. I've got several of her jewellery boxes which are excellent - along the same lines as a roly kit. The origianl huggable hangers came from her and they are also excellent.

I went to the HSN site but they didn't have any Rolykits there when I searched, nor when I found Joy Mangano's page. I saw a mirror there that I thought was a good idea though, it's a 3 panel one.

Latest posts

Back