General Banter and Random Musings

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hello all, tried logging in with my old account, didn't work so set up a new account, anyway reason for this post, I am absolutely fuming, fell for Alex's spiel about the Earlys of Witney quilts, ordered one, what I have been sent is counterfeit with no bedding labels for fire or any other labels that are suppose to be there, the packaging doesn't even have the correct name on it, gobsmacked that a shopping channel would even think of doing something like this

Hello all, tried logging in with my old account, didn't work so set up a new account, anyway reason for this post, I am absolutely fuming, fell for Alex's spiel about the Earlys of Witney quilts, ordered one, what I have been sent is counterfeit with no bedding labels for fire or any other labels that are suppose to be there, the packaging doesn't even have the correct name on it, gobsmacked that a shopping channel would even think of doing something like this
That's shocking. The company seems to have gone out of business, and if that's the way they conduct that business, I would say it is fully deserved. I'm not really sure how you would go about getting your money back, hope you are successful.

That, Sir, is excellent.
👍
Thanks, it is aimed at the shadier side of Shopping TV not the good ones
Why has Simon been looking for an exit stratergy then by offering the assets for sale?

It's dead.

Don't trust any information by their freelancers. After all, the repeats were initially just a "technical issue" which was an effort to hide the truth, and now we have another more serious "technical issue".

The statment is a last hope to try and demonstrate value in the business to potential "investors".
A channel on the Freeview slot alone costs a fortune to keep going, never mind anywhere else. I honestly thought there was a plan in place (like a big investor or several smaller ones alongside Simon) because when you think of all the others out there that tried and ultimately failed, ARGOS, JML, the Littlewoods/Granada TV (Shop! The Value Channel) from years ago, these channels had investment from profitable organisations behind them. So I thought they had come up with a savvy way to do it.

that's disappointing. Is it possible to take a few shots of it and upload? If not don't worry. Sorry to hear this. For what it's worth I think Alex is genuine and probably hoodwinked but worth looking into it with ASA

This forum is used by Alex. On his last post (page 24), he said that if anyone has any issues, they should message him (with order number), and he will make sure they are dealt with.

I will post photos later on, just need to calm down first
I have just been looking on the Early's website and haven't been able to find anything like the bed spread pictured on the Seen On TV website which is still up and trading as far as I can see.

Last edited:
Did you order one of the ones with the American state names? They are the only ones that come up when you search for "Witney" on the SeonTV website.

What a shocking revelation, next you'll be telling us that the big brand of Piranha is just a range of cheap China knockoffs :eek:

A new update has been posted on the Facebook page. Their luck is not going well :rolleyes:. I'm curious about the duration they'll keep this going with the various issues they seem to keep having.

I think I know the post you're referring to. There is no nice way of putting this, but I also found what's called a useful idiot among the comments.

The latest update says that they have 'lost access' to the business emails, meaning customer services issues have to be sent through Facebook. Something very very strange about all this

SeenOnTVfb.PNG

The latest update says that they have 'lost access' to the business emails, meaning customer services issues have to be sent through Facebook. Something very very strange about all this

View attachment 28932
Add this message to the above.
Seen on TV
Further news … Sky freeview and freesat won’t let a channel stay on black for too long which is why we have disappeared.

Latest posts

Back