Gemporia still sinking

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Jim was on this morning and confirmed he isn't doing his usual New Year's Eve slot. I was sad about that. He always does NYE with his bow tie on. He said he has lots of time off over Christmas, what a shame! Lynn seems to be hinting about a change too - I wondered if she might be leaving to do something else in 2024

He'll probably be glad to spend it with his kids this year because the poor bloke always got lumbered with that slot, whilst the other regulars seemed to have extended breaks over the festive period.

Unlike Gems TV, Gem Collector doesn't broadcast on Christmas day, Boxing day and New Years Day - so Jim will probably be happy to finally have a Christmas and New Year without having to work.

It'll be interesting to see how the schedule works out over Christmas and New Year because in the past, when the regular presenters have had Christmas and New Year off, they've used freelancers and The Lounge / Lifestyle presenters to cover on Gems TV instead.

Now that they have no spare presenters, and they seem to have cut back on bringing in freelancers too, it'll be interesting to see who covers. Matt Bennett has traditionally made an appearance over the festive period in the past, they could potentially call on Cherry Cavill and Poppy Hadkinson to cover, and they've called in Steph and that annoying giggly gobby Claire with the Bolton accent, on occasions this year, but other than that, I imagine they'll be struggling for cover this festive period.

Lynn seems to be hinting about a change too - I wondered if she might be leaving to do something else in 2024
She's not going anywhere sadly (although I suspect she's slowly leading up to that once her own 'crystal healing' business is at the point where she can do that full time). She's just moved to mornings.

Jess Foley has, somehow, got a promotion to afternoons instead. It baffles me how she keeps getting better timeslots. I'd be giving her a P45 rather than a promotion. Absolutely.

I can't believe they are doing pre-recorded shows on New Year's Eve, where is Jim and his tux, he should be on, or Jeff. Just have to see what 2024 brings I guess, I have enjoyed Dave's time off though! :LOL:

I'm glad for the presenters sakes really. I find it poor that they have to work on Christmas day and New Years Day. Any other shops would close on those days. They're open all year round so I'm sure it wouldn't hurt them to give the presenters Christmas and New Year with their families.

Even if they had been live though, it was Jim's weekend off this weekend. It was Emily's weekend.

I've returned a couple of Kimbie items I recently purchased (dreadful bracelets which I doubt I'd buy if they were half the price) anyway I returned them by signed for post. Checking to see if they've been delivered and this is the message I got yesterday (Saturday) from the Royal Mail tracking service

Pending

We're holding this item at Redditch DO. We've received a request not to deliver mail to the property your item is addressed to today. We'll attempt delivery as per the instructions we've received, which is usually on the next working day.

So either they've been inundated with Christmas returns and there's no room for anymore till they clear the decks, or there's no-one manning the fort on a weekend now.

I've returned a couple of Kimbie items I recently purchased (dreadful bracelets which I doubt I'd buy if they were half the price) anyway I returned them by signed for post. Checking to see if they've been delivered and this is the message I got yesterday (Saturday) from the Royal Mail tracking service

Pending

We're holding this item at Redditch DO. We've received a request not to deliver mail to the property your item is addressed to today. We'll attempt delivery as per the instructions we've received, which is usually on the next working day.

So either they've been inundated with Christmas returns and there's no room for anymore till they clear the decks, or there's no-one manning the fort on a weekend now.
This is nothing unusual, a lot of companies don't accept deliveries on Saturday and Sunday.

the answer to the Question is yes, every night now are repeats ... so clearly saving cash ... if it is still going by Xmas I will be surprised
I also think they are massively struggling but then I heard they’re sending more presenters off to Tucson this year. So either they’re planning to go out on a bang or are completely in denial as to how bad things are!

I also think they are massively struggling but then I heard they’re sending more presenters off to Tucson this year. So either they’re planning to go out on a bang or are completely in denial as to how bad things are!
They went last year too - but they didn't seem to bring much back. There shouldn't wasn't the hype of previous years.

Maybe Troth is going to flog his Jade.

Flight tickets are allowable expenses though - so the price of those can be offset against any taxes they have to pay, so they can effectively go 'for free' - and then come back with the inevitable 'Tucson Roundup' weekends and 'breaking news' and whip up some hype to generate sales - so even if they don't buy anything, they can gain from that because, inevitably, some gullible suckers will fall for their spiel.

Latest posts

Back