Gemporia still sinking

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I was doubting myself this morning; perhaps I was a bit strong but I feel a bit more confident now. Examples found on Etsy. The two pendants are £60 - £90 ish. The slab is £9!

The last image is the Piaget ring cited multiple times by Jim. Not a fair comparison in my opinion. He did let slip that a new range was due on Gemporia so perhaps this was ready for inclusion in a Death by PowerPoint at some stage.

Attachments

• il_600x600.2646706751_sk7f.jpg
    il_600x600.2646706751_sk7f.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 30
  • il_600x600.5501759864_5vnl.jpg
    il_600x600.5501759864_5vnl.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 32
  • il_794xN.5236310787_mxhh.jpg
    il_794xN.5236310787_mxhh.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 28
  • download.jpeg
    download.jpeg
    6.1 KB · Views: 27
I was doubting myself this morning; perhaps I was a bit strong but I feel a bit more confident now. Examples found on Etsy. The two pendants are £60 - £90 ish. The slab is £9!

The last image is the Piaget ring cited multiple times by Jim. Not a fair comparison in my opinion. He did let slip that a new range was due on Gemporia so perhaps this was ready for inclusion in a Death by PowerPoint at some stage.

The only thing I'd say about Malachite is that its a stone that is known to be commonly lab created - so I'd always be wary of places like eBay and Etsy too.

It is. Not very convincingly most of the time. This is good article on the visual differences.

Today, on Angeline's shift she appeared with a sign behind her which read: "Black Friday Mysery - Midday." When this "spelling error" was pointed out by viewers the missing "T" was found. Angeline "joked" it was a deliberate error to see if the viewers were paying attention.
And what was the "mystery" showcase? "Debbie" Harry Troth's hobby-horse Nanhong Agate. Now, I may be cynical - but I wonder if maybe someone got a little rebellious and found a way of indicating their real feelings about Troffie's specials. Yes, I know that I might be reaching. But I truly hope it was a small rebellion. It would warm my heart. :)

Today, on Angeline's shift she appeared with a sign behind her which read: "Black Friday Mysery - Midday." When this "spelling error" was pointed out by viewers the missing "T" was found. Angeline "joked" it was a deliberate error to see if the viewers were paying attention.
And what was the "mystery" showcase? "Debbie" Harry Troth's hobby-horse Nanhong Agate. Now, I may be cynical - but I wonder if maybe someone got a little rebellious and found a way of indicating their real feelings about Troffie's specials. Yes, I know that I might be reaching. But I truly hope it was a small rebellion. It would warm my heart. :)
Haha says it all ....😂 who are they employing? No high end jewellers they reference would make such ridiculous errors.

Mine too

I'm really struggling to see what their thinking is and who they think their target audience is these days.

This is Gem Collector in the 9pm until 10pm hour today. 1 strand of Blue Sapphires that should be on their Jewellery Maker channel, and a Sterling Silver locket that should be on Gems TV.

Why do they think that people would want to tune in to a loose gemstone channel to purchase a Silver locket?

They just sell a whole confused mish-mash of products across all of their channels now - regardless of the original purpose of those channels.

Screen Shot.jpg

Oh my gosh. I am sure they are reading this and doing it for fun now...

They are now running and advert for KEY RINGS, that Adina is referring to as "auction house pieces". A key ring!!!!
Hey, I love their key fobs. I have two of them. Oh, sorry, they're <£10 pendants, which I use instead (image 1) 😀. Lynn had an 80cts rose quartz teardrop pendant on the other day for £9.99, which would have made a fantastic key fob. You're right though - the products they create to sell as key fobs aren't great and way overpriced (image 2).

Attachments

• IMG_20231123_054913.jpg
    IMG_20231123_054913.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 54
  • Screenshot_2023-11-23-05-39-18-902.jpeg
    Screenshot_2023-11-23-05-39-18-902.jpeg
    63.4 KB · Views: 55
I'm really struggling to see what their thinking is and who they think their target audience is these days.

This is Gem Collector in the 9pm until 10pm hour today. 1 strand of Blue Sapphires that should be on their Jewellery Maker channel, and a Sterling Silver locket that should be on Gems TV.

Why do they think that people would want to tune in to a loose gemstone channel to purchase a Silver locket?

They just sell a whole confused mish-mash of products across all of their channels now - regardless of the original purpose of those channels.
Yes, some hours are very odd these days. I'm sure that I cross-referenced one or two of the strands with equivalents on JM and found them cheaper on that site. Perhaps the disappearing act at 19:45 every day to do an advert on Hobby Craft(?) is a hint as to why these sorts of items appear.

Jim's recent chrysocolla hour was, as with the malachite, surprisingly "meh" and overpriced. Their "Trade Parcel" hours, whilst I can understand the commercial rationale behind them, are usually more style over substance nowadays too.

Just have to be a little more circumspect nowadays, more than previously - but that might just be my perception.

Just now watching Ellis and her ridiculous ott performance. She puts her hands over her face, supposedly in shock at the low prices. She will then go into a long drawn out story about the price drop.Either it was a mistake or it will be that game of trust bullshittery. How do people still swallow that crap?

Just thought exactly the same. The item sold for £30. It wasn't even that nice and didn't look worth £30. The pearls were bleached and dyed anyway.

£15 tops in my opinion.

Just thought exactly the same. The item sold for £30. It wasn't even that nice and didn't look worth £30. The pearls were bleached and dyed anyway.

£15 tops in my opinion.
Absolutely. Costume jewellery really. Nothing at all against costume jewellery - I have a lot of nostalgia for those rainbow 'aurora', clear faceted bead necklaces from the 1950s. My grandmother had one and loved it, wearing it to a Ladies Night dinner with my grandfather and looking a million dollars. I'd much rather spend £15 on one of those from eBay.

Jim was on this morning and confirmed he isn't doing his usual New Year's Eve slot. I was sad about that. He always does NYE with his bow tie on. He said he has lots of time off over Christmas, what a shame! Lynn seems to be hinting about a change too - I wondered if she might be leaving to do something else in 2024

Jim was on this morning and confirmed he isn't doing his usual New Year's Eve slot. I was sad about that. He always does NYE with his bow tie on. He said he has lots of time off over Christmas, what a shame! Lynn seems to be hinting about a change too - I wondered if she might be leaving to do something else in 2024
Lynn said she was changing to the breakfast slot. I was so disappointed I thought she was leaving no such luck!

Latest posts

Back