Gemporia still sinking

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Jade Troth is singing the praises of irradiated blue diamonds now and they are apparently the rarest blue irradiated diamonds in the world.At least he mentioned it I suppose.And so what if they’re the rarest etc? Still just treated gems, far from natural. I’m sure some of the items will be lovely but they’re showing a nice ring now with lovely diamonds and pink sapphire but for me the lousy quality white diamonds ruin the whole look.I do get that jewellery is very personal taste for everyone though and many will love it.
You're right about it being personal taste. I loved some of the designs but the price put me off. Def not worth the money.

Jade Troth is singing the praises of irradiated blue diamonds now and they are apparently the rarest blue irradiated diamonds in the world.At least he mentioned it I suppose.And so what if they’re the rarest etc? Still just treated gems, far from natural. I’m sure some of the items will be lovely but they’re showing a nice ring now with lovely diamonds and pink sapphire but for me the lousy quality white diamonds ruin the whole look.I do get that jewellery is very personal taste for everyone though and many will love it.
They did a collection of “blue lagoon” diamonds, white diamonds and pink sapphires for their last Birthday event. This time Dave called those irradiated beauties “ice blue”….must be a discovery of a NEW mine. I was tempted, but was put off as they were set in gold, solid gold….I know that true heirlooms are specifically set in gold tone and this was clearly a chachki 😁

There’s nothing more shoddy and unprofessional than misspelled words on promo videos they show.They just showed one about baroque pearls and described their ‘irrecidence’! Professional my Aunt Fanny.
Ooohh…recently I was tempted to an item and graphics read “ MIADS”…..I assumed it was a new collection or an exotic location (like Minas Gerais), I promptly googled it too.

MIADS stands for Myanmar Integrated Air Defence System​

MIDAS myass 😂

Ooohh…recently I was tempted to an item and graphics read “ MIADS”…..I assumed it was a new collection or an exotic location (like Minas Gerais), I promptly googled it too.

MIADS stands for Myanmar Integrated Air Defence System​

MIDAS myass 😂
Maybe MIADS is Troth's new big find for Gemporia's birthday?

Gemporia's now flogging so much apart from jewellery that an air defence system shouldn't come as any surprise 😏

Hattie is currently flogging diamond jewellery under £20.00. The jewellery's as you would expect, not exactly brimming over with gemstones, but some of it's honestly not bad. All silver, no gold tone, and some are pretty designs.

However, while the graphics on most show the diamond carat weight, they don't on a couple of items. Nor does Hattie mention them.

I would have thought that this would be illegal, and that Gemporia should make it absolutely clear what potential customers would be getting prior to accepting any payments.

Has anyone noticed this happening on any sales of Gemporia's jewellery before? I certainly never have, and it really seems to be very dodgy indeed

Hi

I wanted to pass on a really odd experience I've just had with Gemporia.

Last Thursday evening they had a heavyish silver chain, 15g, it wasn't cheap but was what I'd been looking for. So I bought it along with a pendant. As I'm going away for a few weeks I decided to opt for the faster delivery service 2-3 days. I thought that they would process the order on Friday/Saturday and post it out on Monday- to arrive by Weds.

On Tuesday morning I checked the order status and found that it was "being processed". So I called them to chase. The telephony team said that the order had been passed to the warehouse on Friday morning at 9am, and that she would email them to find out what was happening. I waited until after lunch and called again, I was told that the warehouse hadn't responded and "even if they had been able to post it out today I wouldn't receive it until Saturday at the very earliest." I cancelled the order.

Then on Weds afternoon they tried to bill me, so I called them again, to be told that it was only a "pending charge" that would take 7 days to clear. So, I have monies on hold/reserved for Gemporia in my account until next week.

I have always found them to be quite prompt in sending out goods, and have never experienced delays and charging for cancelled orders.

We've discussed on this forum about their financial issues. But are they now taking orders for stock they simply don't have? ... And where is their warehouse located?

Hattie is currently flogging diamond jewellery under £20.00. The jewellery's as you would expect, not exactly brimming over with gemstones, but some of it's honestly not bad. All silver, no gold tone, and some are pretty designs.

However, while the graphics on most show the diamond carat weight, they don't on a couple of items. Nor does Hattie mention them.

I would have thought that this would be illegal, and that Gemporia should make it absolutely clear what potential customers would be getting prior to accepting any payments.

Has anyone noticed this happening on any sales of Gemporia's jewellery before? I certainly never have, and it really seems to be very dodgy indeed
Worth noting

Hi

I wanted to pass on a really odd experience I've just had with Gemporia.

Last Thursday evening they had a heavyish silver chain, 15g, it wasn't cheap but was what I'd been looking for. So I bought it along with a pendant. As I'm going away for a few weeks I decided to opt for the faster delivery service 2-3 days. I thought that they would process the order on Friday/Saturday and post it out on Monday- to arrive by Weds.

On Tuesday morning I checked the order status and found that it was "being processed". So I called them to chase. The telephony team said that the order had been passed to the warehouse on Friday morning at 9am, and that she would email them to find out what was happening. I waited until after lunch and called again, I was told that the warehouse hadn't responded and "even if they had been able to post it out today I wouldn't receive it until Saturday at the very earliest." I cancelled the order.

Then on Weds afternoon they tried to bill me, so I called them again, to be told that it was only a "pending charge" that would take 7 days to clear. So, I have monies on hold/reserved for Gemporia in my account until next week.

I have always found them to be quite prompt in sending out goods, and have never experienced delays and charging for cancelled orders.

We've discussed on this forum about their financial issues. But are they now taking orders for stock they simply don't have? ... And where is their warehouse located?
I have had this done to me they did not take the payment but I was unhappy that they tried

Chocolate pearls - no, coated pearls! Someone on the FB group posted a photo of some expensive Akoya pearls with a really thin nacre over a glass bead that was peeling off, it was shocking.
CHOCOLATE pearls were shocking in price that Gemporia flogged them today!
it’s not my personal aesthetic to have brown pearls, each to their own .
but COATED pearls that are Brown and so overpriced!
”pearly whites” require redefinition in the dictionary,

CHOCOLATE pearls were shocking in price that Gemporia flogged them today!
it’s not my personal aesthetic to have brown pearls, each to their own .
but COATED pearls that are Brown and so overpriced!
”pearly whites” require redefinition in the dictionary,
Makes you wonder what they will come up with next. Did anyone ever imagine Gems would sink so low? I for one never did.

I didn't know she had been On Ideal World I saw her on TJC then she appeared on Gems. She appears to think she is a mega star with her singing, and constantly referring to her showbiz days. How many years ago was that? Her insincerity appears more since she has found this new lease of life. Mind boggling! Making it more galling are the 2 ladies singing her praises, her, being so honest and genuine. Am I missing something here? Is it me? I find her totally false.
Ellis' favourite story on IW was how she had to sit on her daughter's scarf and do a piss on it when she was busting for one during a car trip going up the Snake Pass. This 'anecdote' got wheeled out any time she was selling piss pads or any other product vaguely related to incontinence. Dreadful disingenuous old hag.

Ellis' favourite story on IW was how she had to sit on her daughter's scarf and do a piss on it when she was busting for one during a car trip going up the Snake Pass. This 'anecdote' got wheeled out any time she was selling piss pads or any other product vaguely related to incontinence. Dreadful disingenuous old hag.
No idea what to say to that!

I decided to take them up on their offer of comparing their diamond pieces. They have a really old advert running where Steve says that you can easily compare their diamond prices to the high street and they are over 50% better.
Rosie had an SI grade diamond ring in platinum today. Made up of four stones totally 1.05ct for 2999. Online I found a diamond solitaire of 1 carat in platinum in SI grade for 3500. I know it’s 500 more but you are paying for a single solitaire rather than four smaller stones. And this is from a high street jewellery shop.
I just don’t think they can make these claims anymore. Perhaps ten years ago this was the case but certainly not now.

I decided to take them up on their offer of comparing their diamond pieces. They have a really old advert running where Steve says that you can easily compare their diamond prices to the high street and they are over 50% better.
Rosie had an SI grade diamond ring in platinum today. Made up of four stones totally 1.05ct for 2999. Online I found a diamond solitaire of 1 carat in platinum in SI grade for 3500. I know it’s 500 more but you are paying for a single solitaire rather than four smaller stones. And this is from a high street jewellery shop.
I just don’t think they can make these claims anymore. Perhaps ten years ago this was the case but certainly not now.
I'm totally out of the loop with jewellery, but I used to work in a jewellers, 30+ years ago. Then, we'd recommend to people that VVS1 was what they should aim for, and VVS2 if they were cost conscious. VVS2 was probably the most common clarity grade. This wasn't Boodle & Dunthorne or Garrards: just a good, independent jeweller. The prices for VVS1 diamonds were high, but not ridiculous, and within reach of people with a bit of money to spend. We didn't sell anything with worse clarity than VS1, and that was only occasionally: SI diamonds were for cutting metal, or cutting other diamonds.

Have things really changed that much in the market, either in terms of supply, or price of good clarity diamonds? Or is this a Gemporia/selly telly thing of flogging poor-quality diamonds?

Latest posts

Back