Gemporia 'Downfall'

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

If I remember correctly, Tulelei was called Tulelei Garnet in Steve's time. They didn't always call it Garnet, but neither did they go to great lengths to conceal it. Not like today's 'Nilimani.' They rarely, if ever, mention Kyanite when showing it, and all they talk about is Kashmir sapphire! Most viewers now believe it's a new-found Sapphire. There's definitely no accountability and they know they'll get away with it!
It was definitely Tulelei without the Garnet suffix for as long as I can remember. Tulelei featured heavily in the TV documentary too, and there's clips of Steve and the directors almost encouraging Adina to mislead, and again, Tulelei only appears on the on-screen graphics.

It was definitely Tulelei without the Garnet suffix for as long as I can remember. Tulelei featured heavily in the TV documentary too, and there's clips of Steve and the directors almost encouraging Adina to mislead, and again, Tulelei only appears on the on-screen graphics.
100%. It always was just 'Tulelei' in the branding and presentation. That TV segment had SB fretting over whether people would buy an orange garnet. Bonkers really. He had a bee in his bonnet about branding/naming even then. Probably a gemstone industry thing though, when you look at Aquaprase, Aquaiba beryl and Aquadite...

I first bought in 2012 and my first post here was in 2017, in response to historymystery lamenting the departure of Rae Carpenter.

I definitely bought more from The Outlet after that. My memory is that you could get some nice 18K pieces at sensible prices. Lifestyle never really did anything that I wanted (although I confess to having a cat and a raccoon key hook on my fridge!). I then moved to Gem Collector and was happier until Jan/Feb 2023, when Alex abruptly left and the whole close, "cupboard" feel of presentation in The Outlet, Lifestyle and Gem Collector (and probably the ill-fated Diamond Room) was abandoned in favour of the new studio styles.

I have bought since but, like JoJo, from a Jeff show or when the item is actually quality (Tara Coomber Britannia silver or a recent chunky silver ring with 9g of metal for £39.99) or the odd GC stone has been on at stupid prices previously, it's not sold at steadily reduced prices and I just happen to be watching when it's in a Yellow Ticket event at a much more reasonable price.

Latest posts

Back