Gem Day TSV 24/4/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm in the market for a new diamond ring - been watching gems tv and prices are keen - but the stones in this ring would have to be something special to merit £300 for a 1/4ct, 9ct, ring. Way overpriced. Shame, really, cos if it either had more diamond / gold weight, I may have gone for it. IMO, the value of this piece is approx £175, top whack.

The guarantee card says there are 93 diamonds in this ring. 93 SI diamonds over .25 of a carat. It's a clever design that will give quite a big look on the finger. The gold weight is almost 4 grams which shouldn't be too flimsy. Still, gold prices continue to plummet and the diamonds are miniscule. Another handsome profit for qvc. At least they are up front with the details which makes a change.

Nice ring, nice design but i agree with Louise66 "way overpriced" and Bea Frugal "handsome profit for qvc". 93 diamonds at .25c weight, they'll have to do a lot of close ups and magnifying shots and I bet they'll justify the price by saying gold prices have rocketed sky high etc etc!!!

Some time ago, I bought a champagne diamond half eternity ring, in gold, from QVC which had 0.25 ct of diamonds in it. When it arrived I could barely see them and unfortunately a magnifying glass wasn't included so it went straight back. I'm no expert, but with 93 diamonds making up that carat weight, I would imagine they'll be like specks of dust.

When an item has lots of diamonds they always make out its a good thing, bet they do this with this one too, I can hear it now........ It has 93 diamonds in it, that's right 93 all beautifully set

Overpriced and not particularly pretty. Still, I bet there are those out there who'll be taken in with the hype.

They only seem to sell Diamond rings that have the bits of stones that have been swept up off the work bench a bit like sugar grains. These kind of stones are usually of very low value. If I was buying a Diamond ring I would go to a good local jeweller.

Latest posts

Back