Gem Collector - ignorance

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Of course! I hadn't twigged that "Gem Collector is now fully digital" could have meant that. It makes sense now.

In which case, I'm off to sell my photo at £5 a pop - digital of course - under my realistic looky-likey pseudonyms of Chrys Hemsworth and Jomes Dean. Let's see how much damn lead I can swing on those.
You'll make more than a £5. How famous are those people? :p

Of course! I hadn't twigged that "Gem Collector is now fully digital" could have meant that. It makes sense now.

In which case, I'm off to sell my photo at £5 a pop - digital of course - under my realistic looky-likey pseudonyms of Chrys Hemsworth and Jomes Dean. Let's see how much damn lead I can swing on those.

Don't forget to attach a bit of Jade or shell to it. You can add an extra two zero's to the price tag then.

Yours sincerely.

Daffyd Trough.

Something I spotted over the weekend on Gem Collector (I can't remember if it was on Saturday or Sunday).

There was a themed 'Galileia Morganite' hour. Every item was a Galileia Morganite stone - except for ONE Cherry Blossom Morganite as the very last item in the list.

I'm struggling to see the logic in putting one completely different type of Morganite in that hour.

Was it a genuine mistake? Was it there to make up the numbers? Or, am I being cynical in thinking it had been put there in the hope that someone would check out quickly without reading it? I can't help but feel that it's perhaps a wishy-washy stone, or a return that keeps going back, that they're desperate to get rid of.

Now someone might think "It's still a Morganite - so what's the big deal?"

Well, the Galileia material, in my opinion, was the best Morganite that Gemporia ever had. In addition, it's colour is different to other Morganite. It has more of a peachy-pink hue rather than just pink. It, arguably, has greater monitory and/or collectable value because it's from a mine that is now closed.

If it was there simply to make up the numbers, then I'm sure leaving it out and having one less stone for sale wouldn't have been make-or-break for that hour. It's things like this that could be completely innocent, but combined with other things that are happening across the channels, they make you a bit sceptical / suspicious.

Latest posts

Back