Gardening in 2009? TSV ideas? 10/01/09

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

A mish mash of colour!

I checked out the TSV and not that impressed. What a mish mash of colours. Three different lots of plants of which only 2 sets would go together. If I was to pay this sort of money then I would want all my bedding plant requirements sorted in fell swoop and that everything actually looks good together.
I will wait until the garden centres get there very reasonabley priced little tubs (less than 2 quid for at least 20 seedlings!) of seedlings and pot them on myself. 20 gorgeous gazanias for a bargain price cant be bad! I have little seedling trays that fit perfectly on my wondow cills and they will stay there until at least april before potting on again and going in the green house.
I must say though that the scented begonias did very well last summer. Probably because it was so bloomin wet and they loved that. They did smell yummy to. I bet I have lost the corms now though as I dug them up and put them in my cold greenhouse. It looks like a giant icecube at the mo!

A good idea would be something that could be grown on a windowsill, for those of us who live in flats.

shushkin i bought the scented begonias and they were the star of the show last year. loved scents and some of the flowers were massive and went on until november.
doing like you have done and put them in a shoes box lined with some fleece in my plastic green house. would be nice if the coms flowered again fingers crossed.

Latest posts

Back