Gale Hayman

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

lynnonthelake

Registered Shopper
Have been with Q now since it first started so have seen many skincare lines come and go,so I just do not understand how GH has lasted this long have never been impressed by the face creams or anything else for that matter from this range even the award winning Liplift is nothing special,am I on my own with this or are lots of you fans of hers.
Lynn:hi:

They sell GH on my local market stall at small prices. I've bought the youth lift for a tenner. It's ok but there are better products for the job these days. People seem to like the lip lift but I've not tried it and can't imagine it does much somehow. I've tried a few other bits as well - fine at knockdown prices but nothing I'd repurchase.

Used to have very dry lips in the winter and found nothing worked for me but the lip lift. However, have tried a couple of the GH TSV's and have not been impressed. I also find it amazing that its still going when better ranges like Mojave Magic or something like that, have come and gone. I loved their radiance tinted moisturizer

I agree with you WildRose, the tinted moisturizer was brilliant, and have never come across anything to equal it.

I did try to 'track' down Mojave Magic when it disappeared from our screens, and I spent almost an hour delving deeper and deeper on the internet, and being directed to one website after another, finally finishing up with a company in the U.S that had connections with qvc; so after that little exercise I did wonder how many other companies qvc were 'involved' with - purely because we dont see them anywhere else. Yes we know about the Cooks Essentials, Northern Nights et al, but do they in fact, have shares in Quaker Factory, Indigo Moon, and other brands we see with increasing regularity. Food for thought !

I've seen it in TKMaxx and always think it looks cheaply packaged. Market stall seems the right place. It's amazing how Gobby and co can talk this sort of stuff up.

I agree with BB - I've never tried it and the packaging doesn't make me wanna try.I know you shouldn't buy a product on packaging - but theres nothing about it that screams try me.

It's like when they do a close up on a Tova perfum ...... Sorry "Ear de Par-fan" bottle and the label is either not quite straight or the printing is a bit off. Just screams low-end mass production. Not that there's anything wrong with that except oe the veneer of exclusivity they put over it.

They always make Tanya wear that godawful leopard print scarf for GH presentations. Cheap as chips.

Last edited:
I mentioned this in another thread this morning, but I had a horrendous reaction to Lip Lift, literally brought all the skin off my lips and took weeks to heal (I appreciate I'm most definitely in the minority here with this, I know lots of people love it). So that put me off - my Ma loves it though. However - she had some of her make up and the quality was very disappointing - wishy washy colours and as other have said a 'market stall' feel to it.

It's funny isn't it - the packaging on the skin care isn't the best, it does make it look cheaper. The packaging on a pot of good old Nivea is more classy than this stuff!

I tried some of it years ago - got it at a fraction of the price QVC charge. Thought it was sh*te - chucked most of it. I'm sure I read that it's made in China, so wouldn't touch it with a barge pole now.

Would probably be pricier if it had better packaging, not that it's exactly a bargain. I only use the lip lift, and love that, but I would prefer to have a good product rather than good packaging. A bit like Easter eggs, all that packing on the outside and not much going on inside! Laura Geller is loads better, very basic packaging but loads of good quality product inside that lasts and lasts. Having said that, my lip lift always lasts and lasts too. I think it's just animal print that looks cheap, perhaps if there was a way for GH to modernise the packaging whilst keeping the signature animal print? Packaging isn't everything though, I remember the old liz Earle packaging on the white pump with the pink label, I loved it!

I've only used lip lift but that was years ago. I think my mum had some of her stuff but was not that impressed with it so it put me of trying the range. I might try it one day if I run out off all my other products but I agree that the packaging looks cheap.

I do remember the old Liz Earle packaging, I always hope that she will do a set that has the retro packaging! Maybe for some anniversary???

The lip lift is good...but I hate the taste so don't use it now. Never tried any of the other GH stuff though.

I've seen G H stuff in a cheapo make up shop in town where I live, the sort of shop that sells end of ranges and even at knock down prices it does not tempt me. I do laugh when A Y says it is only available at Q.

I used to like the lip lift but prefer the Gatineau Defilift one now. The Youth Lift - 'facelift in a bottle' always made me smile, especially when Gobby went into fits of giggles after referring to the range as as Gayle Hyman. Also found it amusing when they rebranded it 'Youth Lift 2000' at the turn of the century. Has Gayle Hayman every appeared on QVC over the years - does she even exist?

Gobby always used to say that Gale Hayman's claim to fame was as the creator of a fragrance - Giorgio Beverly Hills. Never smelt it, but I'm guessing it's not exactly subtle. Don't recall ever seeing GH herself. The skincare is about as 'high end' as the woman that comes on to flog it. :grin:

Gobby always used to say that Gale Hayman's claim to fame was as the creator of a fragrance - Giorgio Beverly Hills. Never smelt it, but I'm guessing it's not exactly subtle. Don't recall ever seeing GH herself. The skincare is about as 'high end' as the woman that comes on to flog it. :grin:

never smelt giorgio?? gasp!!! it was THE perfume of the 80's! i liked it. i think GH was on the shows donkeys years ago and in fairness to her, i think she was the first to claim 'facelift in a bottle' that they all do now.

I remember seeing Gale Hayman on Oprah Winfrey's show a few years ago,they were doing makeovers and discussing beauty treatments.Gale said the best thing to use to remove your make up is lard!!!! I kid you not, everyone in the studio was horrified at this but she insisted that lard was the best cleanser. So why then does she sell cleanser & toner,I suppose tubs of lard would not sell too well on qvc even in fancy jars lol.

Tova followed by claiming her Cactine Masque was known as the 'facelift in a jar' - the fact that it came in a tube seemed irrelevant.

Never smelt Giorgio but I got a sample of another perfume in a TSV once (think it was called Delicious). Absolutely puke inducingly vile smell. The TSV went back of course when I realised that the products were as cheap and nasty as the packaging.

Latest posts

Back