Gale Hayman

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Gobby always used to say that Gale Hayman's claim to fame was as the creator of a fragrance - Giorgio Beverly Hills. Never smelt it, but I'm guessing it's not exactly subtle. Don't recall ever seeing GH herself. The skincare is about as 'high end' as the woman that comes on to flog it. :grin:

Aw I think Sam is nice. Very real.

Wasn't that GH who appeared in a promo ad some time ago - I'm sure she said "I'm Gale Hayman", all decked out in evening wear with a bloke in a tux beside her ?

Gale has never appeared, but we were told about her column in the New York Times etc alot in the early days. Even a book appeared about her life and tips on beauty sold on QVC with a free lip lift.

She created Giorgio with her husband Fred and when they divorced she had to move on a do her own thing. Clarins distributes the Beverley Hills range and believe or not back in the 90s my local Avon rep had a seperate book selling the perfumes.

Sam was the guest for Pupa before GH and it was a more trendy fashion makeup brand.

Funny you should mention Avon because the only Gale Haymen product worth buying is the lip lift but Avon do a very good lip conditioner which I also love and it has a lovely smell. I had some for a present and used it all and have got more.

I have bought other stuff from GH in a TSV, like everyone does, ages ago but never bothered since.

I've been using the eye and lip primer (originally in a small pot rather than a tube) for some years now. Great natural coverage for the eye area and fabulous for holding eye shadow. Never found anything to match it and it lasts ages. I'm coming to the bottom of this one now so if any of you who have seen Gale Hayman in cheap shops spot this please let me know!

I quite like GH products to. Haven't tried many but have tried lip lift, lip sticks, some eye shadows all good. The creams are okish. Also tried the cleanser I think. I think they are quite good really.

I once rang QVC when AY said Gale Hayman was exclusive to them, because the whole range is sold on a stall in my local shopping precinct. Since then I've noticed she says "officially exclusive to QVC". Does that mean that the owners of the stall sell it unofficially? So bl**dy what!

I remember years ago Gale did come over to QVC and did a couple of shows, she seemed nice and I think it was a big deal that she agreed to do it. I've seen her on Sally years ago too talking about makeup and skincare. I remember Alison said that the GH range was not on QVC in America and it was something that QVC UK found and brought on as they liked the range, so I always just guessed that Gale didn't want to be like Tova or the other people that sell their products on TV and was happy for them to sell it without her.

I remember years ago Gale did come over to QVC and did a couple of shows, she seemed nice and I think it was a big deal that she agreed to do it. I've seen her on Sally years ago too talking about makeup and skincare. I remember Alison said that the GH range was not on QVC in America and it was something that QVC UK found and brought on as they liked the range, so I always just guessed that Gale didn't want to be like Tova or the other people that sell their products on TV and was happy for them to sell it without her.

oh good - when i read donna's post, i thought i was going nuts.....

I use the odd bit of Gale Hayman - not from QVC - the rescue balm is lovely, great value and smells nice - the exfoliator scrubby thing - almonds I think -is nice and I like the smell of delicious feelings, although the plastic cap is incredibly naff. Cheap date, me.

I use the odd bit of Gale Hayman - not from QVC - the rescue balm is lovely, great value and smells nice - the exfoliator scrubby thing - almonds I think -is nice and I like the smell of delicious feelings, although the plastic cap is incredibly naff. Cheap date, me.

i think that's the one i liked - turquoisey colour bottle?

Direct Cosmetics are currently selling Gale Hayman products from 99p.

i think that's the one i liked - turquoisey colour bottle?
yes - lid with a cat?? or something out of plastic - hideous lid, bottle too big to handle nicely, but nice smell - to me anyway - I actually bought some after xmas from Direct Cosmetics and have been wearing it since!! It's light, lasts on me and doesn't cost a bomb!

Latest posts

Back