Friday 18th September - Boycott QVC Day

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'll boycott - the man needs skinning - see how he'd like it.

Any presenters looking at this thread should be ashamed of themselves especially Julia, Pippa, Catherine and Jill who all make out that they are big animal lovers. Hypocrites!

I'll boycott - the man needs skinning - see how he'd like it.

Any presenters looking at this thread should be ashamed of themselves especially Julia, Pippa, Catherine and Jill who all make out that they are big animal lovers. Hypocrites!

I can't stand Basso and never watch him, but surely we can't blame the presenters that have to work with him, it is just part of their job. Hide

Hi,

well, I like his stuff, but I won't be buying it as I don't need another rainmac.

Someone is tho - one of the colours has sold out.

Cheers,
Karen

Oh dear; it gets worse. There is another Basso TSV on 11th October.

How many coats does a woman need by Dennis Basso.

I can't stand him. I have just sat here reading this thread. There is an article on the Daily Mail website about him and the protesters outside a fashion show.

Well I have never bought from his line and never will so my monies safe.

I buy leather shoes and bags but thats a by product.

Dennis Basso is breeding the animals and killing unborn lambs purely for the fur. Disgusting!!!

All QVC are bothered about is making sales, it doen't matter about the ethics.

I hope QVC get the message about how we feel, but knowing them they'll think this great because they are making alot of money off Dennis Basso which is why he keeps returning.

I signed up for this when it was first posted and have it on my pc to remind me. I wont be watching for the main reason (UGH!!) and also I can't stand watching the presenters fawning over him. They do not need to do this, they just have to present as they do with K&Co or Casual and Co.

Unfortunately I fear we are voices in the wilderness. It seems a lot of people like and buy his stuff either because they don't know what he does or they don't care. Very sad and downheartening.

I havent read all of this thread but I have not watched any QVC today and have no intention of either,
I looked at the guide the other day and thought the craft hour with cupcakes might be worth watching but since I havent watched any of the craft hours this week I can miss this one as well since it is Boycott Day

OMG forgot - came in from work put it to look at bargain hunter on red active and there it was!!
If anyone in doubt about the fur trade I watched a documentary on sky anytime that had been on Really. Apart from crying my eyes out - it really shows what goes on, how they sell it etc. Mind couldnt watch it all had to fast forward some of it. Wouldnt watch or go near him. Would like to say would never buy anything again from QVC until they get rid but I do like some of their stuff and couldn't afford to buy it elsewhere.
Hopefully one day they will rid us of him!!
Mollymoo

Well, I have to come clean and say that I did forget he was on, and switched on this afternoon to see him there. I did switch off, but not before I'd heard him tell Julia she needed to wear a size Medium in his coats (which, naturally went down well ;) ) so you know, he's not all bad....;) (and before anyone jumps on me to tell me off, I am joking - I do seriously abhor the bloke and am not watching now)

Well, I have to come clean and say that I did forget he was on, and switched on this afternoon to see him there. I did switch off, but not before I'd heard him tell Julia she needed to wear a size Medium in his coats (which, naturally went down well ;) ) so you know, he's not all bad....;) (and before anyone jumps on me to tell me off, I am joking - I do seriously abhor the bloke and am not watching now)

I confess I did see Julia saying she was wearing a size small in "one of his coats" then switched off !, I have no intention of tuning in again today !

I noticed that the coats were stretching over her ample bosom. I am a size 16 have a large in his macs (before I knew the history of the man)...that makes JR a size 14.

Cavegirl, we must have switched on at the same time: Julia saying that for this particular mac she needed a medium size. DB tried to soften this by saying that for some coats it is better to have more material. Trouble is, Julia looked like a sack of potatoes - not a good image. :giggle: Switched over, quickly, to the Beeb News.

Unfortunately I fear we are voices in the wilderness. It seems a lot of people like and buy his stuff either because they don't know what he does or they don't care. Very sad and downheartening.

:flower:pP, I hope that it is because people don't know what he does, and not because they don't care.

I bought a DB coat a few years ago; I was ignorant as to his other work - I just liked one of his faux shearlings that was being shown. :sad:As soon as I heard about him, from this forum, I wiped him out - as he does to other animals.

Perhaps it needs one of us to phone in during one of his visits, and confront him with his other work?:thinking2:

Latest posts

Back