Freebies

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I can’t believe how unpleasant Debbie Flint comes across, well to me anyway and I apologise to her small cult following but that’s how it is. There is no doubt that she reads this forum, her social media obsession is unquestionable. She sees how people feel about freebies and her response is to up the game. More mentions on blogs, more vlogs about her samples. That is so disrespectful to the people who pay her wages. She knows the general feeling on here but she sticks two fingers up at us. Those Le Creuset pans are mentioned again in her latest blog - Delighted is not the word. Over the moon probably is!

Message to Ms Flint your game playing is rather pathetic. I and many others can buy the pans if we wanted, no problem. Look elsewhere for your kicks.

Her game playing is unprofessional and she should be disciplined for it but she is too hard and controlling for her school leaver bosses. It must be that, what else could it be?

BUT... are they gonna admit if they think the product is crap? Ok paying for stuff would make one more honest in their appraisals but even so , they know and we know that we can’t be sure whether they genuinely like something or not.. so a pointless exercise really. A shopping channel’s ups is the live demonstration mattters a damn whether the presenters been given one to take home. It is unnecessary. Nowt wrong with perks but don’t rub it in customer’s faces. I wouldn’t brag to my customers at work that I get 25% discount!!
I think I did make that last point myself.

Yes Twilight I feel like that about her too. How can someone love themselves like she does and know everything?
I laughed earlier today. She posted a photo of her face, as she does, on her instagram showing the Zookie marine collagen. One of the comments tells her it’s not a good look and that she looks like she is sucking a lemon. I wonder how long that comment stays there. She won’t be happy because she thinks she is quite a looker. I assume that because a close up of her face is always in the corner.
I see from her recent blog that two more members of the Flint clan are doing their bit as volunteers at the vaccination centre. I do hope that like Debbie they get their Covid vaccine. I have a few friends, in their Seventies, who are still waiting for theirs and they won’t be too pleased.
I’m going to stand up for Debbie here as I’m also a vaccination centre volunteer and we are allowed to have it. Frankly, I think that’s a good thing as we’re with many people every day and the vaccine both protects me and can stop transmission. (I didn’t know we were allowed the vaccine until I’d been accepted as a volunteer.)

I’m sorry about your friends and hope they get theirs soon.

A friend of mine rents out her flat for ads, films etc. She gets a whopping fee plus a fee on top for her pets if they're used. They're (the cat and dog) not specially trained but if they or her aquarium gets featured it's considered an extra.
Oh my dear Lord, that would be perfect for us. Mr CC would be the starring role in Still Game (need to do a voice over as Brummie is never going to be Weegie), he'd fit in with Last of the Summer Wine types and anyone needing a grumpy old git with a flat cap and dog. We do have a delightful cottage as well. I've always said Bry could be a film star. Lead me to it.

CC

When I was working, any “perks” were reported to HMRC and taxed as “benefit in kind”. I wonder if the Q’s presenters do something similar ?
If they go as self employed then it should all be on their tax return. There's a space for everything, believe me, I've been filling one in for years and that's just for a "hobby" income. HMRC want to know every cent and if you're wise you'll tell them.

CC

I’m going to stand up for Debbie here as I’m also a vaccination centre volunteer and we are allowed to have it. Frankly, I think that’s a good thing as we’re with many people every day and the vaccine both protects me and can stop transmission. (I didn’t know we were allowed the vaccine until I’d been accepted as a volunteer.)

Teachers, Police and doctors/nurses are around people every day and haven’t had the vaccine, but supermarket staff trump everyone for the amount of people they’re around, these are the unsung heroes who without shop staff we couldn’t eat.

I bet Debbie Flint all of a sudden can’t help out after having her vaccine, call it a shot in the dark.

Teachers, Police and doctors/nurses are around people every day and haven’t had the vaccine, but supermarket staff trump everyone for the amount of people they’re around, these are the unsung heroes who without shop staff we couldn’t eat.

I bet Debbie Flint all of a sudden can’t help out after having her vaccine, call it a shot in the dark.
Most of my ex NHS collegues had the vaccine in January .

Debbie Flint went along to volunteer on the recommendation of her sister. Have no doubt, she knew about the offer of a vaccine. In addition, she is not there every day. She does her bit for a few hours on a Tuesday. Of course she can’t help herself mentioning it at every opportunity. Most people do their bit without a mention but that’s not how Flint operates. Everything is for self promotion.

Yes they will get it, but they haven’t had it yet.
Neither has the relative of a very close friend who lives in the Epsom area. She is 42 but has a very rare and very serious blood clotting condition. She could volunteer for an afternoon at the vaccination centre but she doesn’t operate in that way. She will wait her turn. Every time we hear about Covid victims in hospitals and their bodies being overwhelmed with blood clots it fills us with dread. Yes, I feel very strongly when I suspect some people manipulate their way into jumping the queue. Let me stress though, I am not suggesting Debbie Flint did that. I am sure she is doing her bit with the very best intentions and I would like to thank her. Thanks Debs, your altruism has been noted.

You volunteered because you're a decent person; I may be cynical but when I read that she'd gone along with her sister my first thought was that she did it to get her vaccination done asap. Of course all volunteers should receive the vaccine due to the number of people they'll be in contact with & it also means that you can reassure others that there's nothing to worry about.

Neither has the relative of a very close friend who lives in the Epsom area. She is 42 but has a very rare and very serious blood clotting condition. She could volunteer for an afternoon at the vaccination centre but she doesn’t operate in that way. She will wait her turn. Every time we hear about Covid victims in hospitals and their bodies being overwhelmed with blood clots it fills us with dread. Yes, I feel very strongly when I suspect some people manipulate their way into jumping the queue. Let me stress though, I am not suggesting Debbie Flint did that. I am sure she is doing her bit with the very best intentions and I would like to thank her. Thanks Debs, your altruism has been noted.
Evie, you're a talented girl, it's very early on a Saturday morning to multitask - typing & having your tongue firmly in your cheek...

I think the extremely vulnerable should have been done at the same time as people in their eighties. Someone I know of 74 who's extremely vulnerable has only just been vaccinated at the same time as her peers and gained no benefit from the system.

I honestly don't believe anyone would be as cynical as to volunteer in order to jump the queue? Surely not. Why anyone needs to post a photo of themselves volunteering is another issue, unless it's purely to encourage other people to volunteer and not to gain brownie points for themselves.

Latest posts

Back