Food processor to grate carrots and make coleslaw

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

iloveshopping

Registered Shopper
I'm fed up of risking my lovely long RedCarpetManicure painted my fingernails whilst grating carrots and cheese.
Is there a compact food processor on QVC that will do the job and not require extensive and laborious cleaning? Or does anyone have any recommendations of food processors from anywhere else?

Ninja but only for a few seconds. The last TSV one may be best. They go in the dishwasher and I use mine all the time.

Do you want the food items to look grated or would you be happy for them just to be chopped?

If you want the food to be shredded rather than just chopped into small pieces, consider the Tefal Fresh Express.

If you are not bothered about shredding, then I agree that the Ninja would be a great choice.

Ninja but only for a few seconds. The last TSV one may be best. They go in the dishwasher and I use mine all the time.

I concur, the last tsv is so fast, powerful and effective, it is well worth the money. The blades are extremely sharp, but then caution is required with anything which cuts/chops.

Do you want the food items to look grated or would you be happy for them just to be chopped?

If you want the food to be shredded rather than just chopped into small pieces, consider the Tefal Fresh Express.

If you are not bothered about shredding, then I agree that the Ninja would be a great choice.

I would prefer them to be grated - like the grated carrots and cheese that you buy in the supermarket. Didn't the Tefal Fresh Express get lots of bad reviews - off to have a look. On reflection I think it may have been a Morphy Richards machine that wasn't very good

Last edited:
I've bought a "Tefal Express" similar type of machine from Aldi this week. It's really good. Made a fab coleslaw and it was only £19.99. Around £30 cheaper than the tefal!!

I've bought a "Tefal Express" similar type of machine from Aldi this week. It's really good. Made a fab coleslaw and it was only £19.99. Around £30 cheaper than the tefal!!

Oh, that sounds interesting. I keep on looking at the Tefal as it does go on offer at Argos and Tesco every now and then, on half price but haven't seen it on a good offer just yet.

The other choice if you want shredded/grated, is a food processor that comes with disc attachments. I have a KitchenAid, which would be an extreme purchase to just grate some cabbage and carrots, but the principal is that any food processor where the attachments include a grating disc would do the trick. Don't know one to recommend as I haven't looked at anything like that since I got my KitchenAids (processor and stand mixer).

Oh, that sounds interesting. I keep on looking at the Tefal as it does go on offer at Argos and Tesco every now and then, on half price but haven't seen it on a good offer just yet.

The other choice if you want shredded/grated, is a food processor that comes with disc attachments. I have a KitchenAid, which would be an extreme purchase to just grate some cabbage and carrots, but the principal is that any food processor where the attachments include a grating disc would do the trick. Don't know one to recommend as I haven't looked at anything like that since I got my KitchenAids (processor and stand mixer).

i know ideal world do the fresh express sometimes at £29.99

I spent years searching for the perfect carrot grater as I love the carrot and cheese mix too.

I used to have a food processor with discs but that took a lot of cleaning up after and was a bit of a faff... last year, after lots of souls searching and bean counting, I bought a Kitchen aid with the vegetable grater attachment and it is fab-tastic :clapping:. It is so easy to clean and makes the job so quick and easy... if you ever get a chance to treat yourself then this baby is for you:

http://www.qvcuk.com/KitchenAid-Cla...tra-3L-Bowl-&-Attachments.product.833719.html

I spent years searching for the perfect carrot grater as I love the carrot and cheese mix too.

I used to have a food processor with discs but that took a lot of cleaning up after and was a bit of a faff... last year, after lots of souls searching and bean counting, I bought a Kitchen aid with the vegetable grater attachment and it is fab-tastic :clapping:. It is so easy to clean and makes the job so quick and easy... if you ever get a chance to treat yourself then this baby is for you:

http://www.qvcuk.com/KitchenAid-Cla...tra-3L-Bowl-&-Attachments.product.833719.html
Just looking at the large magnimix which apparently has a big vegetable shute so you don't have to cut the carrots into pieces.
Have you tried mashed boiled eggs and grated cheese - makes a great sandwich filling.
Gulp just looked at the price of the kitchen aid - would be bread and water for months.

Last edited:
Just looking at the large magnimix which apparently has a big vegetable shute so you don't have to cut the carrots into pieces.
Have you tried mashed boiled eggs and grated cheese - makes a great sandwich filling.
Gulp just looked at the price of the kitchen aid - would be bread and water for months.

Ummm, mashed egg, cheese and... the secret ingredient... salad cream.

The Kitchen Aid is really, really pricey but Q had it on easy pay and it was an introductory price of around £424. I took the plunge - really glad I did.

The processor I had (still have in the cupboard) just took too long to get out, build, use and then clean... but the Kitchen Aid is always out and the attachment just screws on the front and then is super easy to clean by hand.

You could always look on ebay and then buy the veggie attachment?

You could buy the carrots and cheese ready-grated! Or you could eat sliced carrots instead! But for a coleslaw a small, simple device should suffice. But don't forget you still have to peel the carrots and chop them! Years ago when I was living in France I bought a device called the Rap'tou. I still got it now. It's really good! Check out the demo video I found of it. Maybe you can buy this device in Robert Dyas or on Ebay. I think it would be perfect for you. Here is a link to demo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3b4RGR82ugw

Thanks Julius it would be perfect. I also started eating grated carrots in France. I looked on ebay france and the one you mention wasn't there so I typed in 'raper' and a whole load of devices came up so I'll look through the list and see if I can find one that is for sale in the UK.
Just typed in moulinex grater on ebay uk and a whole list of grating stuff came up including a moulinex that i remember having but it was a manual thing and a bit of a pain to use.

Last edited:
Found a gadget that I bought after watching a shopping centre demo - 2 potato peeler things which slot into holders and slice, grate. Will use that for the time being.
Am I right in thinking that a Kitchen aid with the correct accessories will replace a food processor plus do all the cake like things? I don't have the space for both.

Thermomix TM31 at £850 - the food processor, steamer, chopper, blender, soup maker etc etc. All singing all dancing except no baking. Number 1 item on wedding lists in France and Spain. Gulp!

Latest posts

Back