FlyFlot...a load of old rubbish.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Problem is, no two peoples' feet are the same. Even if you take the same size, there will be subtle differences. As a bloke, I have paid over 80 quid for a pair of shoes, only to find another pair I bought for 20 quid were more comfortable! It really is up to the individual sadly.

What a sensible post. Of course not every shoe will suit every foot.

I can remember in the 1970s being crippled by my Scholl wooden sandals but persevering beyond reason because everyone kept saying how comfy they were and how good for your feet. I've learned since then!

I have had a couple of pairs of Flyflot mules and they have been VERY comfortable. Apart from my Emu boots I don't buy shoes mail order as it's very important to try shoes on before you buy. I think the size depends to a large extent on the style. If the shoe is wide you can possibly get away with a smaller size than if the style is narrower.

I've gone off the pair I bought and my feet are now happily back in their birkies. It was a huge relief to them.... like coming home. :sun:

Now I find Birkenstocks the invention of the devil! Each to their own, I suppose.

Just discovered this site a couple of days ago, looking for something else entirely, and found this thread.

I've been extremely happy wearing Flyflot sandals and toe-post sandals for quite a few years, which I wear about the house and garden. They are absolutely great for that purpose, and very comfortable for my feet.

I have had problems walking, as my right foot especially, has slipped to the right off the sandal on a few occasions. I blamed this on uneven pavements on holiday, however it was happening on flat ground too.

Unfortunately, had a very bad experience going up stairs, whilst wearing Flyflots. Foot and ankle went to the right, and I ended up with a fractured ankle. Took at least 18 months for the swelling to get down to a reasonable level. Another two years later on and it's still not right.

Summary: Very comfortable to wear as slippers, indoors or out. Not advisable to use for walking about as your feet might slip, and their is no support.

I bought a pair of FF last year. Only wore about 1/2 dozen times and now have a very painful ankle because the heels are very soft and sqidge to one side. Dr and physio told me to stop wearing them as they had damaged the anke ligaments. FFs went straight in the bin.

I thought I would try fly flots ... so, believing all the hype I got them home... I wore them on a short walk and they gave me terrible blisters... never again

Latest posts

Back