FlyFlot...a load of old rubbish.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I do like my Flots a lot, and have had quite a few pairs, but I find that the sizing isn't consistent - in some styles I need a 3 others a 2. I mostly have mine as indoor wear though - and have to say some days I wear them for over 12 hours without a problem. I do have some of the clogs with heels they've been peddling this week on IW - and although they are very nice and more comfy than 'proper' heels, they do still make your feet ache and burn if you walk any distance in them...

The overall view seems to indicate they're not all that!!! However I'm glad I've bought a pair if only to be able to now sit and laugh at Debbie Paver's hysterical claims of the most comfortable shoe in the universe, instead of getting sucked in to her fantasies. (Coz until you've tried, you always wonder......or is that just me.........?)

Problem is, no two peoples' feet are the same. Even if you take the same size, there will be subtle differences. As a bloke, I have paid over 80 quid for a pair of shoes, only to find another pair I bought for 20 quid were more comfortable! It really is up to the individual sadly.

Initially had great hopes for these-from a comfort point of view.

The first pair I bought developed a bump on footbed, similar to a nail being under the footbed, I developed siatica in that paticular leg, didn't associate it with the bump in the sandal at first and was ready to visit the docs.

Dumped the sandals, now no siatica. Think the bump in the footbed was maybe hitting a nerve in the foot.

With the 2nd pair I bought the leather lining that makes up the footbed just seemed to become rough, and also developed a corn on one small toe.

Needless to say will not be buying any more.

I saw one of these shows, the one with the birkie lookalikies and scary Debbies feet are not exactly perfect, all her toes were rubbed and the way her feet were trying to grip the footbed made her look like she had hammer toes.

I saw one of these shows, the one with the birkie lookalikies and scary Debbies feet are not exactly perfect, all her toes were rubbed and the way her feet were trying to grip the footbed made her look like she had hammer toes.

hammer toes and horror eyes....they could make a movie about her :wink2:

She's got foul feet. :puke:
Those are the ones I bought as a first time buy and they are nice on, but my birkies are more comfortable. I have been wearing the lookalikies, but after a while the soles of my feet start to burn whereas I can wear my birkies nonstop and it's just like having bare feet.

She's got foul feet. :puke:
Those are the ones I bought as a first time buy and they are nice on, but my birkies are more comfortable. I have been wearing the lookalikies, but after a while the soles of my feet start to burn whereas I can wear my birkies nonstop and it's just like having bare feet.

Thanks, I almost succumbed to the red ones with glittery buckles, they were very cute !

Thanks, I almost succumbed to the red ones with glittery buckles, they were very cute !

Those are the ones I bought! Nice on and quite comfy, but only buy them if you really like the style and not specifically for the comfort Julie.

We tried to warn you Petpixie, but you just wouldn't listen. You know Mrs J is our very own style and fashion guru, and if she says it's a NO NO, you MUST respect her superior knowledge. Before you buy anything in the clothing or shoe department, please pass it by Mrs J, you wouldn't want to make a costly mistake, or worse still, a fashion faux pas!!! :4:

I have about six pairs now of Flots and "generally" I am happy with them.

I was very annoyed though the time they had that special offer on Ideal World for a gold pair which were not going to be available anywhere else - guess what, they were.

The thing is that the footbed is different in all the designs. Some are wonderfully soft and others are quite hard and have no toe ridge to grip onto.

I also hate it when Debbie Paver says "anatomic" as if it's a noun and not an adjective.

To be honest, it is her I have the issues with, that blessed fringe of hers and the way she always crosses her legs the same way and now of course we have the daughter too. All right for some isn't it?

What annoys me the most is when they have a "brand new" design on, "exclusively" for Ideal world that is reduced from the USUAL IW price???? Then I receive their catalogue with everything in it at normal reduced prices that anyone can purchase from at less than half price delivery. Do they think we are that stupid? Obviously do

Does anyone else know how to clean the light coloured sole Fly Flots?

It annoyes me that they only seem to make them in the cream and black bases.

The cream ones just get filthy on the heels and nothing seems to shift it, not cream cleanser, not scourers, not even Professor Amos!

I bought 2 pairs when Ideal World first started selling them - they were the singularly most uncomfortable pairs of shoes I ever had the misfortune to own!! sold them on Ebay eventually. At the beginning of the year, i saw a pair in a chairty shop for £1, they seemed comfy & bought them. I wore them several times and they were bliss - BUT I wore them on a day out and had the mother of all blisters on the top of my foot by midday! They've gone back to the charity shop!
I'll stick to Birkies i think.

I've gone off the pair I bought and my feet are now happily back in their birkies. It was a huge relief to them.... like coming home. :sun:

You were warned :rolleyes:

I'm glad I bought them Momma. I've spent years watching them flog the things and always wondered if they really did make you feel like you were walking on a fluffy cloud. Now I know........they don't. Ok , it cost me, but my curiosity is satiated. They are a bunch of pinnochio's though.:55:

I'm glad I bought them Momma. I've spent years watching them flog the things and always wondered if they really did make you feel like you were walking on a fluffy cloud. Now I know........they don't. Ok , it cost me, but my curiosity is satiated. They are a bunch of pinnochio's though.:55:

That's a classic victim's answer, tut, tut:28:

Latest posts

Back