Flora Mare Martime Skincare TSV 15/06/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I had a jar of the Day/night cream and it's nice enough, slightly too scented; fresh, but not as strong as say Elemis PCMC. Having told Mr Akimbo that he is the same age as Axel (Mr Flora Mare), he's now using it and even though he has combination skin he doesn't find it sticky (and believe me he'd be the first to moan about it!)

It's the same with every skin product, you can get a rough idea from other people's reviews but the only real way is to test it.

My problem is, because I have a stock pile if I order a new-to-me beauty item I have to open and test it within the 30 day MBG otherwise when I test it months later I could be stuck with a complete pig in a poke (Mr Akimbo's fave phrase to describe my QVC purchases!)

I had a jar of the Day/night cream and it's nice enough, slightly too scented; fresh, but not as strong as say Elemis PCMC. Having told Mr Akimbo that he is the same age as Axel (Mr Flora Mare), he's now using it and even though he has combination skin he doesn't find it sticky (and believe me he'd be the first to moan about it!)

It's the same with every skin product, you can get a rough idea from other people's reviews but the only real way is to test it.

My problem is, because I have a stock pile if I order a new-to-me beauty item I have to open and test it within the 30 day MBG otherwise when I test it months later I could be stuck with a complete pig in a poke (Mr Akimbo's fave phrase to describe my QVC purchases!)

I have not opened the jar of day/night cream I bought yet - I think it's next but one in line - but I must say, the smell of creams really makes a difference to me and I know it shouldn't because it should be more about the ingredients and results. But on that subject, I'm currently using the Flora Mare eye cream which came with the set I bought last year. It smells very odd, not unlike a cat's bottom (and I adore cats). I'm pleased it's not a lip cream.

:mysmilie_482: :mysmilie_507: Anyone with cats knows they seem to always say "hello and here's my butt!" Not sure I could put that on my eyes once I'd thought about the smell!

I tend to get on better with medicial scents, like Liz Earle's C&P and Brightening treatment. I couldn't wear her Skin Repair - it reminded me of church wood polish (former girl guide desperate to get a service flash circa 1976) and it didn't fade all day until I went home in my lunch hour to wash it off! Equally I couldn't wear her Superskin moisturiser until the Neroli scent was added. i also tested the Superskin body cream for the Beauty Bible and persevered even though it smelled rank on me. Such a shame because it was one of the best body creams I've ever used in terms of overnight results.

Floral scents tend to be the most hit and miss. Judith Williams Life Long Beauty (pink one) is not good for me. Phytomineral is slightly better and I actually liked the Diamond range (white packaging), it had a faint scent of violets which didn't bother me, it suited my skin and then she discontinued it. (I stocked up on a few cheap as chips pots in TKMaxx)

And that's just the first few Q ranges that come to mind; at least on the high street I can sniff a pot before I buy.

:mysmilie_482: :mysmilie_507: Anyone with cats knows they seem to always say "hello and here's my butt!" Not sure I could put that on my eyes once I'd thought about the smell!

I tend to get on better with medicial scents, like Liz Earle's C&P and Brightening treatment. I couldn't wear her Skin Repair - it reminded me of church wood polish (former girl guide desperate to get a service flash circa 1976) and it didn't fade all day until I went home in my lunch hour to wash it off! Equally I couldn't wear her Superskin moisturiser until the Neroli scent was added. i also tested the Superskin body cream for the Beauty Bible and persevered even though it smelled rank on me. Such a shame because it was one of the best body creams I've ever used in terms of overnight results.

Floral scents tend to be the most hit and miss. Judith Williams Life Long Beauty (pink one) is not good for me. Phytomineral is slightly better and I actually liked the Diamond range (white packaging), it had a faint scent of violets which didn't bother me, it suited my skin and then she discontinued it. (I stocked up on a few cheap as chips pots in TKMaxx)

And that's just the first few Q ranges that come to mind; at least on the high street I can sniff a pot before I buy.

That's a great description of what cats do!

I definitely agree about Liz Earle Skin Repair. The first time I tried it, it was from a jar which I'd had nearly a year and I thought it had gone off. Definitely an acquired taste. I also dislike the body wash smell which most people seem to love. I do love the C&P though, and use it all the time. Balance Me is another range I think smells odd. I have realised that I prefer artificially scented things to "natural" or so-called fragrance-free products, which never are.

The most "medicinal" products I've ever used were from Living Nature. The brand appeared on QVC for a short while and I got lots of freebies at the New Year New You (aka Beauty Bash) they were an acquired taste but in a perverse way I quite liked them. Maybe it's the same idea as medicine doing you more good the worse it tastes!

Flora Mare Diamare 4 Piece Luxurious Skincare Collection
Item Number: 216311
QVC Price £55.00
Todays Special Value £36.50
P&P £4.95

Designed especially for dry and damaged skin, this luxurious four-piece collection from Flora Mare's Diamare range launches the brand new intensive Ultra Repair Concentrate serum, created to target fine lines and wrinkles, plus the much-loved day and night creams, and a gentle eye cream. Created with innovative ingredients sourced from the sea, this must-have set from Flora Mare will leave your complexion looking radiant and revitalised every day.
The Diamare-Complex - Flora Mare's specially developed, state-of-the-art formula contains pioneering ingredients extracted from the sea and maritime plants, targets the signs of ageing and helps mature skin look renewed and revitalised.

Contains:

1 x Flora Mare Diamare Ultra Repair Concentrate (50ml) NEW - specifically designed for mature and demanding skin, this intensive serum helps tighten the appearance of skin, supports natural collagen production, helping to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and leaving your complexion looking more youthful and refreshed
1 x Flora Mare Diamare Day Cream (50ml) - enriched with the luxury Diamare-Complex, specifically developed to help mature skin look younger and more radiant. Includes argan oil, shea butter, hyaluronic acid and vitamin E
1 x Flora Mare Diamare Night Cream (50ml) - helps optimise the appearance of your skin overnight. Formulated with luxurious oils, it helps to intensely care for your skin and leaves it looking radiant each morning
1 x Flora Mare Diamare Eye Cream (30ml) - a rich cream that pampers the delicate eye contour area with a silky formulation that contains Diamare-Complex, plus premium oils such as macadamia nut oil and argan oil. It helps to hydrate your skin and reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles, helping tired eyes look more radiant

How to use:

Flora Mare Diamare Day Cream

In the mornings massage gently onto cleansed face

Flora Mare Diamare Eye Cream

Apply in the morning after cleansing by gently patting around the eyes

Flora Mare Diamare Night Cream

In the evening massage gently onto cleansed face

Flora Mare Diamare Ultra Repair Concentrate

Use only a few drops every day under Day Cream for intensive hydration

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.216311

Anyone else think that this looks exactly like Judith Williams Diamond range?
In fact, when I looked at the Q website this morning, my first thought was Flora Mare had been cancelled and Judith Williams had been brought in as a last minute replacement.

In fact, when I looked at the Q website this morning, my first thought was Flora Mare had been cancelled and Judith Williams had been brought in as a last minute replacement.

Totally agree Mr M.

I always thought Judith Williams, Flora Mare and M Asam, are all made by the same company, just go by different names.

Oh no! Now I'm tempted. I think I'm the only person who liked the JW Diamond range, it didn't seem v popular but I really liked the smell and my skin seemed to like it too. I seriously don't need any more skincare until 2025! Off for a serious talk to myself!

What interests me is the German market must respond well to offers of bigger and bigger buckets of face cream: M.Asam offers 100ml, even 200ml face creams, Flora Mare does too. I don't fancy a pot that is open to the air for up to a year even if it is great value. A sealed pump or tube and I might be tempted.

Oh no! Now I'm tempted. I think I'm the only person who liked the JW Diamond range, it didn't seem v popular but I really liked the smell and my skin seemed to like it too. I seriously don't need any more skincare until 2025! Off for a serious talk to myself!

What interests me is the German market must respond well to offers of bigger and bigger buckets of face cream: M.Asam offers 100ml, even 200ml face creams, Flora Mare does too. I don't fancy a pot that is open to the air for up to a year even if it is great value. A sealed pump or tube and I might be tempted.
I bought a huge 150ml tub of the Judith Williams Phytominerals (which does smell horrible after a while - must be the oil). I decanted it into 50 ml pots.

Latest posts

Back