Flash Pad 3.0 handheld game TSV 27/10/2014

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

They must think we are so gullible, that we actually believe they are all into playing games, and feigning competitiveness, as to who can get the highest score, is obvious. I have said before, I work in sales for a huge technology chain, and the pressure to sell is intense. It is so blatantly evident, when watching the presenters, especially Debs - them all really - that they all have targets to achieve and, should they fail to meet them, they will be taken to task for it. If Debs was working on a face to face basis, she would get more complaints than enough; customers just would not put up with her over the top, hard sell, and would tell her to shove the item, and walk out. At least if they get fed up of her pressurised sales pitch, they can switch her off. She wouldn't last 5 minutes in a shop environment, Camden market, maybe.

Omg! Watching the launch live - not sure why! Charlie presenting and first try he scored 170 (Julia got 400 something). He was annoyed but got a second go and score 607 all the while yelling 'what's my score?!' When he'd finished he went insane, running around and OUT of the studio, destroying the score board and generally behaving like a complete IDIOT! Usually find him very annoying but that display has made me like him even less. Have had to turn off now, ESP as they are now showing flameless 'candles' and slankets... Ugh!

I didn't bother staying up to watch the live launch, but did catch the part where it's previewed at about 11.35 pm-ish. Charlie was busy faffing about with it when he was supposed to be telling us what was coming up at midnight. He yelled "I've beaten Julia" (or words to that effect) and told us virtually nothing about the product. Competitive isn't the word to describe him ....... but I won't type the adjective that crossed my mind. You can fill in the blank. :wink:

Over on the Q facebook page they all thought he was funny. Ugh, those Q facebookers must get hypnotised somewhere to never say anything bad about Q and its presenters.

Oh gosh when I read your post I suddenly thought am I being a misery guts finding Charlie's outburst/ 'incident' irritating instead of amusing - I do usually have a GSOH! - but decided no, to me it WAS just pathetic! Especially how after all the running and screaming had died down, Charlie kept saying he was going to get the sack the next day. I can dream ;)

The best part of the demo for this was in the 7am repeat. Not sure if that was the launch or not, but was watching thinking how rude Charlie was, as he was playing and totally ignoring the poor woman with him who had to fill all the air time herself. Then the camera panned to the man on the setee in a slanket playing it who was doing really well then hit the wrong thing and was quite clearly shown saying f**k and then covering his mouth and looking sheepish. Made me laugh out loud for real.

Latest posts

Back