flapping fringe

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Have any of you on here actually purchased a Ken Paves fringe ??? or know anyone who has ?

Begging your pardon if you have, but why ? it just looks like the flat end bum of a squirrel sitting on your forehead, and surely if its windy (the weather I mean) it would flap up and down like those things on an aeroplane wing !!

The £17 one might be worth paying to see if you suit a fringe before committing to the chop. I have hairline issues and have worried I might need one of these one day. :mysmilie_478:

I think they pick the models very carefully during the shows, to make sure there hair colours match to the hair pieces. I bought style ado a while ago and its awful quality and i never use it, more fool me for not sending it back. Jessica simpson did right by getting shot of Ken paves.

I have never experienced an KP piece in real live but I think they look awful on TV and are also very overpriced. A very good friend of mine is mixed race and like many women of colour she regularly wears hairpieces and wigs so as not to chemically damage her natural hair, I have been with her hair shopping in afro hair stores and the pieces are at least half the price of Kens if not a third and they look better, and are often heat style-able too. For the price Ken charges one could buy a human hair piece at one these stores.
I also agree they choose the models carefully to match the hair colours as most often when he puts a piece on one of Q's presenters the colour match is dreadful despite the "7-11 shades within it". Furthermore he is not so good at styling in a hurry - the models who have been done by his team look ok but he often makes a mess of doing the presenter live on camera. Pipa today for example, at one point he had a piece hanging off one side of her head and he got very embarrassed when the camera person tried to shoot her from the other side.

Don't want to offend anyone who's a fan of these hair pieces but I can only think of one thing when I see them plonked on the head - Rodney in "Only Fools & Horses" when he had a clip-on ponytail. It was such a funny episode.....:wink:

I do have a few 'pieces' but they are by Hot Hair and are good colour and quality.

I agree that KP seems to throw his pieces on the presenters, and they finish up looking like the morning after a bad party ! KP's own hair always looks a mess too - he should look in the mirror !

I got one of the scrunchies . It cost about£18 and has gone fuzzy . Found a similar but better one on amazon for £4 , much better. Great for days when all you can't be bothered to faff about . I should have sent the KP one back really , but too late now .

I think they pick the models very carefully during the shows, to make sure there hair colours match to the hair pieces. I bought style ado a while ago and its awful quality and i never use it, more fool me for not sending it back. Jessica simpson did right by getting shot of Ken paves.
Pippa had one of the all dark hair pieces on and it did not match her hair at all. Ken then put a blonde and dark hair one on the black model at it did look good. He then put the same one on Pippa and it looked daft.

I do have a few 'pieces' but they are by Hot Hair and are good colour and quality.

I agree that KP seems to throw his pieces on the presenters, and they finish up looking like the morning after a bad party ! KP's own hair always looks a mess too - he should look in the mirror !

I have a piece by both air as well. Got it from Self ridges on Oxford Street. At least you can try it on and colour match.
I tried on some wigs, real hair ones about 10 years ago as my hair is so difficult in the winter but they are too hot. I don't even like wearing a hat.

Latest posts

Back