Flameless Candles TSV 19/04/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Woder what the price will be...My hall has no plug sockets...would like something like this on the windowsill

Has anyone bought any of these.They look OK on TV ,but when they arrive they could be naff.

My daughter bought the three set. They don't look too bad and flicker when 'lit' but she had to keep returning as at least one, sometimes two candles in each set wouldn't work properly. It took 3 attempts to get a working set. The reviews on line mentioned similar problems.

Flameless Candles TSV 19/4/13

Has anyone ever bought flameless candles that look the slightest bit realistic?
They never look that good on the tv!

They are a great idea, but as RS says I have never really seen a realistic flameless candle yet, maybe the tsv will prove us wrong....

I have bought very similar looking fake candles with batteries in the pound shop they flicker when lit up and look quite good from a distance I use mine in a set of garden glass lanterns on the patio I suppose you could decorate them to jazz them up a bit if you wanted to for use indoors.
Mine are plain white but they do look like wax pillar candles and are about 6" high.

I bought the three set when they were last for sale and they were rubbish. OK, they do look quite convincing as candles if you dont look down on them and see the black round disk of the sensor. When they work, they look lovely. But on arrival, one didnt work, one worked and the third worked if it was in the mood or got knocked it would flicker on and off.I emailed customer services who obviously were aware of the problem and were very good and told me to keep the candles and also gave me a full refund. Not long after all three gave up the ghost!They are saying the TSV have had the problems ironed out, but i still wouldnt trust them to work. Will be interesting to read the reviews though.

I bought the three set when they were last for sale and they were rubbish. OK, they do look quite convincing as candles if you dont look down on them and see the black round disk of the sensor. When they work, they look lovely. But on arrival, one didnt work, one worked and the third worked if it was in the mood or got knocked it would flicker on and off.I emailed customer services who obviously were aware of the problem and were very good and told me to keep the candles and also gave me a full refund. Not long after all three gave up the ghost!They are saying the TSV have had the problems ironed out, but i still wouldnt trust them to work. Will be interesting to read the reviews though.

They have said they are from a different company this time.

Pippa, what utter carp you are talking...'If you went and bought a normal pillar candle this size [7"] it would cost at least £15 - £20'. She has got to be joking! They aren't scented, they are bog standard looking candles. I could get one from the Pound Shop! Why do they have to over do it? Why doesn't she just say i'm sure they'd be a good £5 each in a department store instead? That wouldn't be unreasonable and it would still make the TSV seem good value seeing as they are battery ones!

Am I missing something? Flameless candles... made of wax....that you can blow out? What's wrong with ordinary candles?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

Terrible TSV Flameless Candles

12 reviews - 2.3 out of 5. http://www.qvcuk.com/Set-of-5-Blow-Out-Real-Wax-Flameless-Candles.product.701788.html?sc=701788-SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-11-_-701788 Mine sent back today. I posted the following review and it was accepted...

"Very disappointed in these. One near impossible to blow on. Two turning themselves on without being blown. I think these are terrible especially considering that they made a point in every presentation of saying they had sorted out the problems with the ones from the last TSV. Also, I have another set of flameless candles and the wax is good quality- a smooth finish. These have a rough finish and therefore appear to look cheap. I've bought normal candle with a better quality wax from a well known large Scandinavian store for a pound each! I would not bother with these, you will be disappointed."

Someone else has posted this today:
"Really wanted these to be as good as the description. They arrived and I thought they looked good. However they seem to have a mind of there own. Two of them come on and off when they feel like it and one even comes on when my little dog barks. Also agree with other reviewers if you are short of breathe these can be very difficult to blow on/off. Yes I know you can switch them on and off but I bought them purely because of the blowing feature. Really do feel QVC need to test products more vigorously before all the over the top sales pitch. I will not be returning them as like another buyer p&p works out expensive plus the time and petrol involved."
It's a shame that people don't realise that because they are faulty the courier will pick them up for free. I think a lot of people don't return eventhough they are unhappy. Also the lowest any product can get would be 1 out of 5 if everyone gave an item a 1. Why can't you give a 0? - because it makes a product look better than it is!

Latest posts

Back