Fire light Lab grown diamonds

• Thread starter Deleted member 22840
  • Start date
ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

My Mum and Nan used to wear brooches on their coats. Actually I have 3 that I bought them tjc and ebay that I alternate on my winter coats, well I did before covid restrictions curtailed ouelr jaunts.
But the brooches that I remember most of our Mum were 3 little plastic mice. I have no idea where she got them from and she was petrified of mice so I am vaguely thinking that possibly my brother and I got them from a fair or Christmas cracker and she didn't want to offend us.
As to the issue of jewellery and funerals we had a case in the local paper of a couple of sisters that wanted their old Mum dug up to check that she was buried with her jewellery as requested as they didn't trust the undertakers. Seemed a tad disrespectful to me to be honest.

A house in my sister's road has three bodies buried in the garden - a married couple & her brother. I assume it's the front one because the back one only has a narrow terrace & then a very steep slope to the canal. Imagine that on the estate agents' details 😮

I can't help wondering if the issue is more about theft than anything else, sadly.
More than 30 years ago I was in hospital for surgery and even then wards were packed, no room, so I was put on a mixed geriatric ward. The lady opposite me in the ward was really old and one day her daughter came in and the old lady's wedding rings were missing. The staff tried to say she never had them on but I fear that someone stole them off her finger.

My Gran was dying in hospital but she was still a person, talking etc. Mum bought her some posh M&S nighties so she would still feel pretty but a couple of days later, there was Gran in some kind of **** hospital gown. Mum was fuming but apparently the new nighties "were at the laundry". No they weren't. Someone stole them from a dying woman. People make me sick.

CC

To be fair when Mr L’s uncle went into hospital he became very confused and insisted his clothes weren’t his and that someone else’s glasses were his even through he couldn't see out of them.

On the other hand the nurses just seemed to dress the patients in any clothes hanging in the communal ward closet

Twenty years ago my father was in hospital following a massive stroke.

My sisters and I knew there was no chance of survival.

One day I was having coffee in the hospital cafe when I got into conversation with a woman because I recognised the Kirks Folly brooch she was wearing.

When I went to return to the ward she reached in her bag and pulled out a little Kirks Folly guardian angel pin and gave it to me 'for your dad'

I pinned it to the card from his grand children that he had on his bedside table.

When I visited the following afternoon the pin had been ripped off the card and taken.

When I married Mr V I didn`t want a floral bouquet so I had one made entirely of swarovski crystals so I could keep it and maybe pass it on to any future brides in the family. When I was browsing for alternative bouquets I came across ones made from brooches. Some of them are eye popping but a bit too fancy for me, I wanted something sparkly but less ornate.
For anybody who hasn`t seen the brooch bouquets just click on the link below.

When I married Mr V I didn`t want a floral bouquet so I had one made entirely of swarovski crystals so I could keep it and maybe pass it on to any future brides in the family. When I was browsing for alternative bouquets I came across ones made from brooches. Some of them are eye popping but a bit too fancy for me, I wanted something sparkly but less ornate.
When we were planning my daughter’s wedding we saw brooch bouquets at a wedding fare and thought they were beautiful. My daughter considered one briefly but their wedding was in a beautiful barn in the Autumn.

I love brooches on coats. I wore a lot of brooches throughout my 20’s to 40’s. I wear a couple of lanyards for work and glasses on cord that brooches would get tangled around but I’m going to make an effort on days off.

Twenty years ago my father was in hospital following a massive stroke.

My sisters and I knew there was no chance of survival.

One day I was having coffee in the hospital cafe when I got into conversation with a woman because I recognised the Kirks Folly brooch she was wearing.

When I went to return to the ward she reached in her bag and pulled out a little Kirks Folly guardian angel pin and gave it to me 'for your dad'

I pinned it to the card from his grand children that he had on his bedside table.

When I visited the following afternoon the pin had been ripped off the card and taken.
I like to think there's a place in Hell for people like that.

I love them. I've seen button bouquets & ones with paper flowers made from the pages of old books but never sparkly ones like these. My mum left her engagement ring to our older daughter & she had it wired into her bouquet so that her nana could be part of her wedding day.

Mine was similar to this one but teardrop shaped. I have it safely tucked away. My wedding dress was plain ivory with no adornments so the bouquet caught the light and added sparkle.
s-l500.jpg

Truly beautiful. When I got married (registry) we had zero money and my work colleagues bought me a faux bouquet (so kind). Nothing like these though, I love them. No chance of me needing one, once bitten and all that . . .

CC

I am not fussed about jewellery full stop. I think it is at least partly to do with feeling claustrophobic when I wear it...But I think it is normally the circumstances surrounding receiving a piece of jewellery that gives it it's sentimental value.
I love looking at beautiful stones, but I have no need to wear them.
Me too. Hate wearing jewellery except my watch (Apple Watch). Wish I could

Latest posts

Back