Final Yankee Candle Show On QVCUK???

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I`m not a buyer of candles but I was given one as part of a Christmas gift and I must say it`s very nice. Even though it`s just a single wick, the throw is marvellous and the smell is lovely, its lavender and chamomile. It`s a brand I`ve never heard of D W Home and I`ve no idea where it was purchased but I`d certainly buy the brand again.
PS Just found a few on TK Maxx website
I've had quite a few of the D W Home ones in various sizes from TK Maxx shops, and they have all been really good quality and keep the fragrance. I went in a local Mill type place that sells all kinds at the weekend and everything Yankee C. was being sold off.

I was just posting the same when I saw your comment, Runnerbean. I was going to say, I haven’t seen any YC fan sites but I’m guessing they have lit up, with members waxing lyrical about the loss of YC on QVC and their burning desire to see the decision reversed. I‘m being silly so I’ll clear off now.

PS I couldn’t post faster because of the delays with pages not loading on the forum for some of us. They are looking into it, thank g

That came out of nowhere didn't it? I was asleep so I missed it but would have recorded the show if I had known out of curiosity.

I bought YC every now and then but I always bought the large jar TSV deals. Half of them I didn't like, so gifted and some of the keepers gave me a filthy headache. So, not such a bargain if you give them away and have to stop using burned ones. To be honest, the ones I started I passed on to my daughter. She is really unfussy about scent but likes a candle on the go most of the time. Also, the large jars could be a tad impractical for me due to the time needed for each burn. I work nights, so unless on a day off, I would be asleep and never had the time needed to get the full wax pool, so didn't bother to burn at all. Paul is not a candle person, so it could rake 6 months to use a candle up and I get tired of the same old scent,

I stopped buying YC about 5 years ago and found some really nice smaller tinned candles in a little shop in Hebden Bridge, near my Mother in law's place. We am going up there ths weekend and I plan to pop in a get a few more as I can't find them down near me. I have never tried HS candles and am not planning to. I think once a brand "sells out" to QVC, the quality drops, for all their protestations of the contrary.

Thanks to Donna for recommending Diptyque candles, Paul bought me Ambre and Eau de Bois. Tried the Ambre and it is lovely, I am a fan of Amber in general in my perfumes.

I didn't know Decleor had gone from QVC, observation skills, nul points! I hadn't been on the forum in yonks, what happened there? Decleor were a key brand, or so I thought. No wonder every time I switch on to the beauty channel it is flippin' Elemis. Nothing against them but so boring when it is always the same old thing being sold.

Yankee seem to be everywhere these days, I know they are popular but the ones I have tried I couldn’t finish, there was no lovely fragrance wafting through the house.I am not good with candles anyway can just about put up with a couple of Neom ones I have.

They have had some very good deals at QVC, especially on the sets of large jars - I should know because I used to buy all those TSVs! But in recent years, there have been better offers from Amazon sellers, Yankee Bundles, etc. That’s my experience, anyway. QVC were very good for bringing us American specials, hard to get over here. I haven’t bought for a while as I have lots to use up so I’ve not been looking but I don’t think QVC have anything you can’t get anywhere else now, have they?
I havent bought any from QVC for a long time as I buy from places like Temptation Gifts and some other places where you can get some bargains but not so much choice. The large jar offers on QVC were good but that was ok as long as you liked both fragrances.

Someone has asked the question on Q`s facebook page and here`s the reply from Q`s admin.
Hi Hazel, we are not currently selling Yankee Candle products on QVC UK, however we still have an amazing and wide range of scented candles, reed diffusers and scent spray products available on our website which you can view here - https://bit.ly/35vHdrR. Stacey x

So they ARE stopping selling the brand !

Just had a look on the QVC website and put in Yankee Candles., there are very few on there and it brings up all the other candles they sell so its not looking good.

Just moving away from Yankee, have they also stopped selling peony flowers. I was poorly for a while and didnt watch QVC so perhaps this has already been discussed. Theres non on their website

Just had a look on the QVC website and put in Yankee Candles., there are very few on there and it brings up all the other candles they sell so its not looking good.

Just moving away from Yankee, have they also stopped selling peony flowers. I was poorly for a while and didnt watch QVC so perhaps this has already been discussed. Theres non on their website
Yes Q`s admin have confirmed on their facebook page that they`ll no longer be selling Yankee

peony went off to take a summer break

Latest posts

Back