Final Yankee Candle Show On QVCUK???

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

it was an outlet show to get rid of some items to make way for more so it dont mean it was the acutal last show as usually they dont mention when its the last show ever
No Kate clearly took to announce it live on air that the show this morning would be their last ever show on QVCUK.
Craig appeared shocked and he said he had no idea it was their last show.
Then returning from a break he made the announcement that it was Yankee Candles last show. Then he thanked Kate, Yankee and Rosa for all the years of being at QVCUK.

No Kate clearly took to announce it live on air that the show this morning would be their last ever show on QVCUK.
Then returning from a break he made the announcement that it was Yankee Candles last show. Then he thanked Kate, Yankee and Rosa for all the years of being at QVCUK.
Thats quite sad really. I assume it was QVCs decision to drop them like they have other decent lines. It might be that they werent getting the sales as there are so many other places you can buy them who dont charge so much postage

No wonder he is shocked freebie gone,he may actually have to pay for something Yankee.

I was just thinking of YC earlier today! I used to give Q A LOT of business back in the day. I have so many in my stash I will probable have enough to outlast me...
I am sad because in Rosa they have one of the nicest guests. Very down to earth, well spoken, and thoroughly knowledgeable. She is also really likeable.
We don't get all the carp about this or that sleb with Rosa. I cannot warm to Harry name-dropper Slatkin, and reports of his candles suggests they will be off Q just as fast as they arrived.

I don’t buy YC or candles anymore since we decorated and did our kitchen. But I keep trying to think back to when Rosa was last on or perhaps when I caught her last on, perhaps with Charlie I saw her. I do have a feeling she was perhaps reserved or not as happy outgoing as usual.

Just gone and had a look back at the show. I wonder when Cait was told as she seemed very upset at the start of the show. She was plugging the show on twitter and Instagram this morning and the posts were upbeat - in stark contast to how she appeared on the 12 o’clock show.

I watched the beginning and end on catch up, and I agree. I thought she looked close to tears at the end. I don’t have any social media so would be interested if anyone spots comments on Twitter etc from the likes of Rosa or Steven.

Wax Addicts have a news post about it and say the relationship has been rocky for a while because of high returns and low sales.

I watched the beginning and end on catch up, and I agree. I thought she looked close to tears at the end. I don’t have any social media so would be interested if anyone spots comments on Twitter etc from the likes of Rosa or Steven.

Wax Addicts have a news post about it and say the relationship has been rocky for a while because of high returns and low sales.
Nothing on Rosa‘s social - a couple of messages from people asking her on her twitter account, she‘s liked them but not replied. Nothing on Steven‘s account and nothing else from Cait since 9.21am this morning.

Yes and why have people returned them and then not bought more? Because they messed about with the formulas and the once strong scents were reduced to barely anything. Did the prices change? Only upwards. I once used to spend a fortune on Yankee candles but I haven't bought any for a very long time.

CC

Yes and why have people returned them and then not bought more? Because they messed about with the formulas and the once strong scents were reduced to barely anything. Did the prices change? Only upwards. I once used to spend a fortune on Yankee candles but I haven't bought any for a very long time.

CC
I must admit I was disappointed with the Yankee Christmas selection this year. I couldnt find a fragrance I liked and ending up burning the ones from Christmas 2020 which they no longer do. They have a habit these days of bringing out a fragrances and only have it for a short time so they probably lose alot of customers who have their long time favourites

You are right Puffin. Too much chopoping and changing of fragrances and thatwill upset the folks who have fir, long standing scents. I think what they have tried to do is create a hype of rarity, get it now as it is limited. They hope to whip up sales of people buying large amounts and stockpiling but I think they shot themselves the foot as I don't think that they sold as many as envisaged. I know on eBay. people would pay silly money to get a rare retired scent. I could never really see the point of that. It's just cheap paraffin wax, you are literally burning your cash and there are plenty of other candle makers out there to try. So, they **** on their regulars by retiring staple loves and no-one wanted to go crazy about the new ones.

I feel bad for Rosa, she is a genuinely nice lady. Does she have her own shop? I know Steven used to have a store but I think it closed but not sure why, I don't follow twatter or istapram.

Yankee got to the point where all I could smell was nothing, sickly vanilla or strong cinnamon and I don't like any of those. All the christmas ones were just cinnamon and all the summer ones were lemon or vanilla. What happened to turquoise sky, different garden flower ones, water garden, greenhouse?

CC

You are right Puffin. Too much chopoping and changing of fragrances and thatwill upset the folks who have fir, long standing scents. I think what they have tried to do is create a hype of rarity, get it now as it is limited. They hope to whip up sales of people buying large amounts and stockpiling but I think they shot themselves the foot as I don't think that they sold as many as envisaged. I know on eBay. people would pay silly money to get a rare retired scent. I could never really see the point of that. It's just cheap paraffin wax, you are literally burning your cash and there are plenty of other candle makers out there to try. So, they **** on their regulars by retiring staple loves and no-one wanted to go crazy about the new ones.

I feel bad for Rosa, she is a genuinely nice lady. Does she have her own shop? I know Steven used to have a store but I think it closed but not sure why, I don't follow twatter or istapram.
Because Yankee opened their own shop very close to his and he could not complete.

The fragrance I like at the moment is Freshly Tapped Maple. I bought some from Fragrance Direct and it was on sale at £9.99 for a medium jar. Bought two at that price and the p&p was only £1.99. They have some other ones but you have to shop around. Temptation Gifts have all the up to date ones and you get free postage if you spend £50 which is quite easy with a couple of large jar candles.

There are lots of Yankees and others out there but I just can't spend £50 or more on candles anymore. It's a luxury I can no longer afford.

CC
I dont do it regularly but I treat myself a couple of times a year but only if I like the fragrances. Its my guilty pleasure. I am beginning to think that I might look at other brands to see what they are like.

Latest posts

Back