Fed up

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I love some of the American fashion names...Banana Republic, Abercrombie & Fitch, Old Navy, Calvin Klein, Ralph Lauren, Donna Karan....now if QVC were to provide an outlet for these names I'd be going nuts and I'm a 50 something. Think QVC are missing a trick as these retailers aren't very easy to come by in Britain.

I reeally do not think that any of the designers/lines mentioned so far (Banana Republic, Abercrombie & Fitch, Old Navy, Calvin Klein, Ralph Lauren, Donna Karan.Boden,Next,Joe Browns,Toast,White stuff ) would have anything to do with QVC.
I also however can not believe that the only other options available are the fair they show us on TV. Have once bought a cardigan of QVC from Casual & Co, but that is my whole experience of their fashion as I just did not like their stuff

I think the above is right. The grey pound is their target market in general. How many phone in voices actually sound UNDER 50, or 40 for that matter ?

HOWEVER, what these "stylists" and buyers have failed to grasp, is, their target market were once the teenagers of the 60's ! and the last thing that that generation wants is to look like their mothers did when they were post menapausal !!!! only back then - yeah, 40 odd years ago, it was called CRIMPILENE ! and now we have been lumbered with bl....dy polyester in the guise of 'milky' and 'fluid jersey' !!!

I am 62 with no longer a figure to die for, but who onced danced around her handbag with the best of them, - as probably most of the qvc female audience did, and who still have an eye for fashion, and who love Monsoon, and Per Una et al. Not all of us reach a certain age, and overnight become Mumsy - SO WHY OH WHY cant the 'children' who are posing as buyers at QVC act grown up for once and give us the fashion we want.

oh brissles, here I was feeling quite a jaunty almost 63 year old till you labelled me "the grey pound", now I feel wilted & forlorn..!:giggle: I strongly identify with your third paragraph, I too once danced around my handbag, sigh..! But for the most part I agree with what you're all saying - HOWEVER - I did order the Kim TSV (sad I know!), my first Kim purchase ever - I wore it the day it arrived (Monday) and I wore it again yesterday (did wash it inbetween!) - I love it! It looks good, it feels good - and those of us around my age will be saying "and by golly it does you good"! Previously my only "fashion" purchases from QVC were at least ten years back, two 3/4 length shirt style blouses which were brilliant as the fashion then was to wear that kind of thing open over a skirt and top...yes by golly I wore a skirt then instead of living in jeans like I do now! As to crimplene, I'll have you know I used to get half a yard of it from Mansfield market practically every Saturday and make myself a 6-panel gored skirt for ten bob - this was pre-decimal! Happy days! Thanks for reading this far, those who've bothered!:wave:

I have some QVC garments. Some I wish I had returned but some I wear a lot for example:

A Kim & Co white camisole (great under other items)

A black Attitudes waterfall cardigan ( screws up and fits in a small kipling bag, no creases and great on holiday in New York when in air conditioned shops etc...)

Kim & co soft touch tops (fab for work as they wash and wash)

Kim & Co black trousers (great for lounging around in and no white cat hairs stick LOL!)

HOWEVER most of the stuff looks dire I do agree but most stuff in shops looks dire to me too...I find clothes shopping a bit depressing to be honest.:confused:

The American stuff isn't even the high quality they like to spout about. I bought a Storybook Knits chenille cardigan. It looked nice on air and they kept on and on about the quality and the style. It arrived this morning and, to be fair, the style and colours were nice. However, the finish on it was terrible. Inside there were hanging threads and knots, where the rows had been finished, all over the garment. You couldn't take it off looking like that, as it looked awful inside. My family have been knitters since I was a little girl and I know you don't have to leave knots hanging around like that - you knits ends in and finish up so they're not visible. Beth Terrell was always proud of her finishing because they were well done. I've never had a hand knitted garment look so unfinished. Needless to say, this one has been sent straight back. I have several Pachamama jumpers, all hand knitted, and it's rare to find a knot or hanging thread in any of them. I'm wondering if the "Q" in QVC has meaning anymore? Normally I'd not have been so annoyed by this but they put so much emphasis on the quality and their pride in what they sell. I'm annoyed at having paid P&P to get it here and send it back. I marked it as faulty but if QVC think that this sort of thing really is acceptable then I doubt I'll get that back. Does Mr Magoo run quality control up there in Liverpool? :D

Last edited:
Ha ha ha, so true!! but you left out Kim Mendelson, Lori Greiner, and about a 100 other folk, how many different names can you give to 97 % polyester with a touch of elastene?

I'll get the ball rolling with a new one.

SILKANIQUE.:grin:

How about CRUMBOLENE?

Latest posts

Back