Evolve Ego Professional Hairdryer TSV 27/09/2013

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The Brazilian blowdry was a disaster on my hair. It hardly took the kinks out of my very-wavy-but-not-quite-curly hair at all, and really shitted up the condition for ages, it was much more prone to breakage and very tangly. Biggest waste of money of my life.

Does anyone know if the original Ego dryer is ionic or not? I have it and really like it, but don't have a clue if it's ionic and can't find any of the paperwork.

Yes, it is. If you press the main centre button for a few seconds, the panel will change colour and a symbol will show (or not, depending on whether it was on or off). I turned it off on mine as ionic = hedge dragged though backwards look for me.

Has anyone had a problem with it blowing a fuse? I HAD to use an extension for the length, but it blew on the first go (just as I'd come to the end -AND it was the best my hair had ever looked! Bummer). I had an electrician friend look at it but he couldn't find anything wrong. He changed the fuse in the extension, plugged it in again and BANG! Tried it straight into the wall and it worked perfectly for 20 minutes, varying speeds and heat. Tried my old hairdryer in the extension and it works fine (beats me why a £15 hairdryer has a 3m cord, when a £90 has half that!). All very Twilight Zone!

Anyways, I can't use it without an extension and it's clearly not happy being used with so I've arranged with CS to return. Sigh.

Wow just read the reviews on the l'oreal steampod and think it is worth a try. Though a couple of the amazon reviews say that they have broken within weeks. My hair appointment is not until 14 November so I have time to trial the steampods.

£74 for a boring old hairdryer! Madness! I might get a cheap value one from Argos for when I get home having been on on bike. But I will buy a cheap one for £4 not and expensive on like that!

I got my lidl hairdryer this morning, by 11am there were only 8 left at the Worthing store. Will report back after I wash my hair

Blow dried my hair this evening with my £11.99 lidl dryer and I'm pleased with the results: 3 wind speeds and 3 heat levels, cool shot button, retractable power cord. It says it's ionic - I have no real understanding of what this should achieve, but my hair dried quickly and with very little static. There's no real technique to the way I dry my hair; it's long straight, very fine but lots of it so I tip my head upside down and blast it. My hair looks to have a fair amount of volume but isn't "fluffy" iykwim. I really don't think I'd get a significantly better result with a more expensive dryer, although I do occasionally use my Babylis Big Hair.

I think I may lose it to my son because it's plain matt black with the feel of neoprene so not at all girly. The retractable cord is a good feature from his point of view because his bedroom is a maze of wiring already.

All in all I'm pleased but I kept the receipt in case it was pants. It comes with a 3 year guarantee too which seems good for a small appliance and better than QVC's 6 month nonsense.

Wow just read the reviews on the l'oreal steampod and think it is worth a try. Though a couple of the amazon reviews say that they have broken within weeks. My hair appointment is not until 14 November so I have time to trial the steampods.

Did you trial the Steampod ILS? I bought the pink one from Lookfantastic (freebie heatproof bag) and LOVE IT!!! My hair has never looked better. I've always HAD to blow dry, then use GHDs. Now I can skip the blow dry (let it dry naturally or rough dry with my old hairdryer), something I NEVER thought I'd be able to do as if I skipped or rough dried, the GHDs simply couldn't cope.

I didn't bother with the Steampod cream as I have too many styling products as it is, and I can't see how the cream would make it better tbh. My style now lasts for days so I have to wash my hair because it feels dirty and not because washing was the only way I could refresh my style. I've also "trialled" going out in the rain/having a steamy shower and I didn't turn into a sheep with a tight perm lookalike! LOVE IT! QVC should start selling it as I'm sure they'd make a fortune.

Thanks Dolly. I think you're right - I'm so in love with it I suppose "the one" is the right description!

Latest posts

Back