Evolve Ego Professional Hairdryer TSV 27/09/2013

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

No, I was nearly tempted but the other 2 items I got from this brand were faulty, so were collected and returned to QVC. As you say, other reviews have commented on the problems with the nozzle too. If I was you, I would contact QVC and tell them it's not as advertised during the presentations - ie easily attached accessories - ask them to collect and refund you the full amounts incl p&p.

Know what you mean but it is quite simple to attach really. There are notches and slits which have to be aligned. Also, you may have to turn the nozzle anti clockwise, then clockwise, then press it in. I love mine; I have hair way below my thighs, and this dries it in no time. Brilliant buy and well worth the money. I don't think there is a problem with your dryer, Seababy but would, simultaneously, suggest that if you are having difficulty, don't risk damaging it, and return it. Just my opinion. Hope this helps.

I was wondering the same, I went for it but can't see it being worth the money but the thought of the cost of sending it back is encouraging me to keep it

Sharon, from what I've read on the QVC reviews on this dryer, there has been an issue with misrepresentation of the cord length (was advertised as nearly 3m but is only 1.8m). You would therefore be entitled to ask for a pre-paid returns label on this item. HTH

I read the reviews as I had considered buying, but for the reasons outlined in a post above, decided against it. Very, very glad not to have, now that I've read the reviews.

I thought there was something dubious about this brand as well, or rather the representation of it. The way I see it is if it were that good hairdressing salons would be buying it wholesale for salon use. For al the hair and beauty wholesalers I've looked at, I haven't seen it once.

I suppose it's just me that thought "you need a NoNo for that"?????

:giggle:

So sorry Louise66, couldnt resist typing what I thought, but I know you have a great sense of humour!!

Know what you mean but it is quite simple to attach really. There are notches and slits which have to be aligned. Also, you may have to turn the nozzle anti clockwise, then clockwise, then press it in. I love mine; I have hair way below my thighs, and this dries it in no time. Brilliant buy and well worth the money. I don't think there is a problem with your dryer, Seababy but would, simultaneously, suggest that if you are having difficulty, don't risk damaging it, and return it. Just my opinion. Hope this helps.

Sharon, from what I've read on the QVC reviews on this dryer, there has been an issue with misrepresentation of the cord length (was advertised as nearly 3m but is only 1.8m). You would therefore be entitled to ask for a pre-paid returns label on this item. HTH

I read the reviews as I had considered buying, but for the reasons outlined in a post above, decided against it. Very, very glad not to have, now that I've read the reviews.
There was a review from someone who didn't buy it as they thought having 12 heat settings made it too complicated. However they had a travel dryer from this range so they submitted a five star review for this one because they didn't want to affect the rating of this product! If it was too complicated then it doesn't merit five stars and by giving a five star review they have affected the rating of the product. Grrr!

I know, BB, it was posted on the day of the TSV. I remember thinking "what a twerp" when I read it before voting that the review was not helpful!

I know, BB, it was posted on the day of the TSV. I remember thinking "what a twerp" when I read it before voting that the review was not helpful!
I voted that the review wasn't helpful too. It just seems daft that a meaningless review like that is accepted but lots of people on here have had reviews rejected for no apparent reason.

I sent for the ego hairdryer this time as I have been thinking about it for so long but the price put me off. When it came there were no instructions so have only been putting it on and off as don't know what all the controls are for. I rang CS and they apologised and said they would send me out a copy. How long does it take them!!!! That was last Wednesday and it still isn't here. (It only takes about 3 days for a parcel to arrive). I must say I'm impressed by this hairdryer as my hair feels so silky and it doesn't blow your hair all over the place when on. The only other gripe I have is the cable not being long enough as have to use an extension. I know a lot of people have complained about this and if they length the cable in the future people like me will have lost out. Hopefully it will get even better when instructions arrive.

I don't know what to do with mine! I bought it as I thought it would have a long cord as my sockets are behind my bed, except for the one I use which is on the wall adjacent to the only place I can fit a mirror and stool. I have MS so needed a light hairdryer (it's heavier than my current!) and a long lead so I don't have to swap light plugs out from behind the bed (cord's too short and bed is too heavy to move on my own).

To add insult to injury, I plugged it in, dried my hair (and admittedly it looked smoother and shinier than with my old hairdryer), and as I was just finishing with the cool shot - BANG! My extension has blown. It's a single one so had nothing else plugged in plus it's the only one I have and needed it for a light in the conservatory (our house must have THE least amount of sockets in the world :sad:). I keep looking at it now but am afraid to try it again in case it blows the house fuse.

My friend's DH is an electrician and has offered to come around on Thursday to have a look so it's back to my old dryer until then. Am gutted as my hair looked lovely!

I sent for the ego hairdryer this time as I have been thinking about it for so long but the price put me off. When it came there were no instructions so have only been putting it on and off as don't know what all the controls are for. I rang CS and they apologised and said they would send me out a copy. How long does it take them!!!! That was last Wednesday and it still isn't here. (It only takes about 3 days for a parcel to arrive). I must say I'm impressed by this hairdryer as my hair feels so silky and it doesn't blow your hair all over the place when on. The only other gripe I have is the cable not being long enough as have to use an extension. I know a lot of people have complained about this and if they length the cable in the future people like me will have lost out. Hopefully it will get even better when instructions arrive.

There was a user guide on the item page online which might help you out until your written instruction sheet arrives. If you are otherwise happy with the dryer, I would still complain to QVC about the incorrect information given during the hard sell, about the cable length - if you need to buy an extra lead extension, a goodwill gesture of refunding the p&p costs will go towards buying the new extension lead. That's what I would do, anyway...

Not convinced these ionic hairdryers stop the frizz. I have booked an appointment for a Brazilian blowdry with my hairdresser for 14 November. He said once I've started I'll never want to stop. £130 for my shoulder length hair. Funnily enough he is brazilian. It should last 12 weeks so should see me over the worst of the winter humidity.

Well, I decided to keep after all as £18 a month doesn't sound as bad as £75 and I couldn't be bothered with the hassle but this morning at top heat it wouldn't go above 45 degrees so have just emailed asking for a return label

What a nuisance Sharon. I wonder whether the addition of the little display panel was an innovation too far? The more features they add the more bits that could go wrong?

What a nuisance Sharon. I wonder whether the addition of the little display panel was an innovation too far? The more features they add the more bits that could go wrong?

Funnily enough I was talking to my hairdresser about it today and she said as much. Ultimately a good hairdryer can help, but it's technique that gives you a good blow dry.

Not convinced these ionic hairdryers stop the frizz. I have booked an appointment for a Brazilian blowdry with my hairdresser for 14 November. He said once I've started I'll never want to stop. £130 for my shoulder length hair. Funnily enough he is brazilian. It should last 12 weeks so should see me over the worst of the winter humidity.

They definitely DON'T! My old hairdryer has an off/on button. On, I look like the wild woman of Borneo emerging from a 10 year foray in the jungle. Off, I can look semi-normal.

Take care with the Brazilian. I've had a few done. The first one was great. The others were nothing but trouble. Where the join from the new/old treatments overlap get "strained" and break easily. If you have an inexperienced stylist they can apply too close the scalp and cause burns (yep happened to me - and the hair won't grow back!), but worse, you can get the "bends" where the hair grows back at a 90 degree angle where the cream was applied too close and the hair bends back to the scalp. This will cause the hair to break if it goes through a bit of harsh treatment at a later date.

My GHDs are 10 years old and starting to die. My hairdresser has rec'd the L'Oreal Steampod instead. Have you thought of this instead?

The Brazilian blowdry was a disaster on my hair. It hardly took the kinks out of my very-wavy-but-not-quite-curly hair at all, and really shitted up the condition for ages, it was much more prone to breakage and very tangly. Biggest waste of money of my life.

Does anyone know if the original Ego dryer is ionic or not? I have it and really like it, but don't have a clue if it's ionic and can't find any of the paperwork.

Latest posts

Back