Even more boring ..

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

miaandmum

Registered Shopper
Is anyone still watching let alone buying? I remember saying a couple of years ago that qvc was boring but cricky it's gone really boring. The midnight tsv isn't doing it four me - it seems rushed and the excitement has gone from the presenters. Nothing lasts for ever - maybe qvc has had its day and with free next day delivery from most of its competitors they surely can't compete. Oh well, it was good in the old days!

Not watching or buying much these days. i never stay up for the TSV's. In the good old days I would get out of bed at midnight to order but these days there's very little that excites me on QVC. Easy pays are the only reason I buy now as most items can be bought cheaper elsewhere.

You think it can't get any more boring than this holiday weekend and then you look at tomorrow and realise that oh yes it can.

Is anyone still watching let alone buying? I remember saying a couple of years ago that qvc was boring but cricky it's gone really boring. The midnight tsv isn't doing it four me - it seems rushed and the excitement has gone from the presenters. Nothing lasts for ever - maybe qvc has had its day and with free next day delivery from most of its competitors they surely can't compete. Oh well, it was good in the old days!

Don't worry, there'll be another vacuum cleaner along soon to get the juices flowing.

I've got it on in the background as white noise while I was busy with something else but I really couldn't tell you what they're selling or who's selling it. It is boring, you're right. I don't buy anything from the things they show as staples, ie beauty or fashion, I've got a fully equipped kitchen and computers and their gardening stuff are no-nos (no pun intended) so really there's not much chance of them making a fortune out of me.

Omg yes tomorrow is even worse. Well that's it then I'm going to the dreaded high street tomorrow for a wander round, will pay my car parking fee with pleasure and may even treat myself to a costa and a cake. If I decide to buy something I will bring it home with me and not have to wait 5 days for the pleasure of receiving it!

I realise I'm lucky that I can go out into town as many who shop with qvc aren't so fortunate - which is why it's b frustrating that they are bringing us so much c**p

Concur with you there Mia. You will also save a bundle without the obligatory overcharged P & P and the phenomenal 'Easy Prey' buy now and pay later deals.

I was actually tempted by the VAX 10 in 1 steam the other day. But the idea disappeared quickly, googled reviews some great some bad. I usually flick over in ad breaks for something I am watching.

I watch on an ad hoc basis and don't order much these days. i have it on in the background to get away from all the election stuff on radio/ tv. As for the TSV, the only one I recently got excited about was the Birkenstock,stayed up and it was cancelled without any explanation so I definately won't be doing that again.......I think Q takes its customers for granted. Sooner or later the supply of new customers is going to run out....

TBH nowadays I`d be struggling to find a show which would be interesting enough to watch. Between tweeting presenters, self promotion of their books, chat about facebook groups or buddies, overtalking of guests, shouting and screechng, lack of stock, lack of information and the same old, same old brands, what is there to keep your attention ?
There are only so many household and kitchen gadgets we all need. Clothes, shoes and handbags I like to try before I buy and to look at them, feel the fabric and see the colour in the flesh. Their jewellery is mainly overpriced silver or plated stuff and there are many many other brands and websites selling much nicer stuff. Their skincare and makeup brands are full of hype and the DHS has hundreds of brands to choose from which do the same job at half the price.
Their delivery system is rubbish, their p and p charges are ridiculous and their customer service often leaves a lot to be desired. Not to mention nowadays many people have the internet and even the housebound can shop around, gone are the days when TV shopping was something new, it`s all old hat.

Great fuss is made by the presenters over ordering Charlie Bears from Q as "specials" - but with a few exceptions that are solely supplied to Q, most of the standard range bears shown on the Charlie Bears hours can be bought online for the same price or cheaper - and many outlets offer free post & packing, so you end up saving about six quid at least. Most people would be better off googling CB's suppliers and ordering online. It really annoys me that Q imply they are offering such 'wonderful' deals. I bought a few Charlie Bears from Q as gifts until I wised-up and started to look around. Now I don't tend to buy them anyway, as I don't like some of the strange colour combinations they offer, - I prefer traditional-looking teddies if I'm buying as gifts, and even younger family members prefer them.

TBH nowadays I`d be struggling to find a show which would be interesting enough to watch. Between tweeting presenters, self promotion of their books, chat about facebook groups or buddies, overtalking of guests, shouting and screechng, lack of stock, lack of information and the same old, same old brands, what is there to keep your attention ?
There are only so many household and kitchen gadgets we all need. Clothes, shoes and handbags I like to try before I buy and to look at them, feel the fabric and see the colour in the flesh. Their jewellery is mainly overpriced silver or plated stuff and there are many many other brands and websites selling much nicer stuff. Their skincare and makeup brands are full of hype and the DHS has hundreds of brands to choose from which do the same job at half the price.
Their delivery system is rubbish, their p and p charges are ridiculous and their customer service often leaves a lot to be desired. Not to mention nowadays many people have the internet and even the housebound can shop around, gone are the days when TV shopping was something new, it`s all old hat.

Qvc seriously need to move with the times and look at their competition. I shop with John lewis and there is a huge variety of items to choose from. I get free tea and cake as a valued customer and P and p is free if I spend over £50. Now, as a 'valued' customer of qvc (I've been with them since the start) all Ive ever had is one free p and p code.

I went into town today and got brought myself a lovely top from label lab at house of fraser - in the sale and less than half the price of Yong Kim, a suitcase from TK Maxx - National geographic with Dolphins on it (for daughter) again in the sale for £25 and on the way home called in at Asda and got myself a lovely jumpsuit (for my holiday) in the sale for £15. Was feeling quite smug until I got home and found my toilet leaking onto the floor. Called a plumber and now £100 lighter ... Oh well that'll teach me for being smug !!

That's is all so true.

I can't remember the last show I watched for more than 5 minutes and I really can't remember the last TSV I bought

The bubble burst for me just after Christmas, Im not even sure why, Ive been shopping with Qvc since the beginning,
I have just finished the last of my easy pays, and I haven't bought anything since, but I started a big clear out weeks ago, and I am still finding stuff I bought from QVC, years ago, and the times I say to myself why did I buy that , just today I was actually tidying lock and lock, just what do I do with it all, half of it is that small don't know what I would use it for

Love the small Lock and Lock boxes for: buttons, screws, nuts or Twiglets for daytime snacking, small leftovers like cucumber portions, carrying an emergency kit of a needle and thread, dental floss, plasters etc for my handbag... Cor, my list is endless... I love 'em.

Yes I can see the smallest L & L being very useful in the garage, but the boxes themselves seem to take up too much room in the kitchen cupboard/fridge for the small amount they contain. I prefer china bowls for snacks tbh.

I don't buy any of those storage box sets.I know from past experience they end up in the shed with only the larger ones being used.

The new `closing` time of live shows isn`t working for me either ...... I don`t sleep well because of pain and rely on TV to take my mind off it in the wee small hours too but now we seem to get the same old shows repeated time after time Hair Max and the NO NO to name but two haven`t half had the bulk of air time over the past few months ..You would think they would do a variety during the night ...wonder how its decided what is shown then?

You can get real lock n locks all over the place now, plus loads of lookalikes, including in the Pound Shop, where even large ones cost - wait for it - £1

Latest posts

Back