emu v uggs

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

norfolk dumpling

Registered Shopper
I have decided to treat myself to either Emus or Uggs this year and see that there is an Emu show on Sunday. Having read very mixed reviews on the emus I would appreciate your views on which are best. I know I will be paying more from QVC but the MBG will be worth the extra. TYIA

I have Uggs, I like the choice of colours and they are very comfy and warm. However mine aren't waterproofed (maybe newer ones are?) so I would wear them in the cold but not the snow or if raining heavily. For bad weather I wear my sheepskin boots from New Zealand Nature - they can handle it.

I only have Emu's - can't afford Uggs - have bought all mine off Amazon or in the QVC outlet. And I love them - will not wear anything else in the winter.

Another Emu convert from the QVC outlet (where else). This is from a woman that went from no pairs to six pairs in a season.

Well I haven't tried Uggs, Jabba is the woman you need she has both brands. I have a number of pairs of Emus. Bronte which are merino wool lined and cheaper than the Stringer range which is are all sheepskin. I last bought a blue pair with the leather strap across in a store sale at £99, they where like £140 on QVC. Three pair of the mini Stringer which I got very cheap like £33 in Amazon and ASOS in sales. You need to keep your eyes open for sales as they are not always knocked down in price. The Bronte are big fitting and the Stringer smaller.

This will be no help at all, but I got a couple of pairs of Bears Paw boots last year from TK Maxx. I've never bought Uggs or Emus but these seem to be the same sort of thing, real suede & sheepskin, but think the soles look a bit more robust.
Anyway, I got them in the clearance for £27 a pair & they're brilliant so worth looking out for.

BearsPaw

As donna said in a previous post I do have both brands. I have 2 pairs of Emus and *ahem* literally TEENS of pairs of Uggs, that says it all really:grin:

In my opinion NOTHING beats genuine Uggs!:star::star::star::star::star:

I have extremely bad Reynauds and virtually LIVE in my Uggs ( including slippers) from mid August to the end of March, sans socks mind to get the optimum benefit!:wink::wink:

I have extremely bad Reynauds and virtually LIVE in my Uggs ( including slippers) from mid August to the end of March, sans socks mind to get the optimum benefit!:wink::wink:

I want to get some of the Ugg slippers Jabba and have read they come up quite small, any advice please? thanks :)

I also have pairs of both brands, but I do much prefer my Uggs, they just seem a much better fit to my feet. Its like walking around in your slippers :) You do have to be careful about water with them, although I did spray mine with one of those waterproof sprays, which has helped, I wouldn't wear them in snow. Uggs all the way for me !

Actually the slippers do come up really small ,some styles more than others!

I wouldnt really recommend these http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0026FBIX0/?tag=shoppingcom03-21 for outside wear as the soles are very soft, but theyre lovely for wearing indoors, but, they come up VERY small!

I have 2 pairs of these http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001IIKP44/?tag=shoppingcom03-21 tan ones are definately way snugger than my black ones for some reason!

Thank you! :) I was looking at theses http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0042RUK4S/?tag=shoppingcom03-21 and take a size 4 usually so maybe I'm best to go and try some on before I buy, I was thinking of buying of Amazon :)

Latest posts

Back