Emu TSV?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mine just arrived this morning, not hit by customs either (i'm in Dublin), had gift and 50 aud on customs label, at first thought they were a bit big, but have them on now and am getting used to them, have never worn uggs before! Very warm and cosy. I got thredbo ugg boots, slightly different to the traditional looking Uggs. Mine worked out at 42 euro delivered, 7 working days from Australia to Ireland. Delighted.:1:

Have to say I'm not delighted !!! Mine have just been delivered (1 pair for me, 1 pair for OH.) Worked it out that I'd saved £40 on QVC price for the two pairs, even taking into account postage & return postage. I've been stung for £34 import duty PLUS £34 VAT :52: Not a happy bunny. Will not be ordering from them again !

Pauline :mad:

Have to say I'm not delighted !!! Mine have just been delivered (1 pair for me, 1 pair for OH.) Worked it out that I'd saved £40 on QVC price for the two pairs, even taking into account postage & return postage. I've been stung for £34 import duty PLUS £34 VAT :52: Not a happy bunny. Will not be ordering from them again !

That doesn't sound right.Even if you did get stung for VAT + Duty it sounds an awfully big amount on the amount spent.

i think import allowances have just gone up...check when your package arrived as you may have been charged incorrectly...

Fetched the boots last night.

I've been charged £34 import duty: £35.10 VAT (because the b....ers have charged me VAT on everything, postage, boots at £120, import duty, the lot
Then £8.00 from Parcelforce because the P&P from Oz only covers travel to the port of entry. In all £77.10 :mad: I've paid £37 more than I would if I'd ordered the same from QVC !!!

Did consider not fetching them, but then wondered if I'd get hammered with further postage etc etc so decided to cut my losses and learn from the experience. Parcelforce did say that last year Customs had noticed a "lot" of these packages coming in, so decided to open them. They found these boots at cut prices, so decided to start charging Import Duty etc to stop peeps ordering from abroad. What happened to free trading then? As for the £105 import duty allowance - they've obviously forgotten about that too.

Not happy bunny, but will learn from it and NEVER order from them again!

BUT - will buy them from QVC - have to say, the boots are GORGEOUS. I have a problem with my foot and the sheepskin absolutely cradles the painful area. Shall certainly buy them again, but just not from Oz.

Pauline

I'm so sorry you've had such a nasty shock, Aranlady. I would be most annoyed too (in fact, I still might, as I've not received an invoice on 4 pairs yet, but I bet there's one coming!!)

Check out Amazon - discount code for Emus

I was also lucky not to get stung by customs on one pair of mini stingers from Puddle beach last month.
Wanted another pair - so looked at Amazon too- there is a code to get money off ( about 20% I think)
SUGSHOES.
I ended up paying £4 more from Amazon than Australia - but was worried I wouldn't be so lucky twice - and they arrived in 2 days- very pleased.

So worth a look before ordering from QVC.
Free p and p from Amazon too.

Thanks for all your messages of support XXXX

I'll have a shuftie at Amazon in a mo.

Bella - you might be lucky - I had the letter from Parcelforce wanting payment BEFORE they'd let me have the parcel! So - fingers crossed eh?

Pauline x

Thanks for all your messages of support XXXX

I'll have a shuftie at Amazon in a mo.

Bella - you might be lucky - I had the letter from Parcelforce wanting payment BEFORE they'd let me have the parcel! So - fingers crossed eh?

Pauline x

Hmm maybe so - I've got two pairs - still waiting on the other two so yes, fingers crossed!

There's a 20% discount at Shudoo at the moment 20XMAS, if that's any help at all?

Thank goodness you love the boots Aranlady, Im so so sorry that happened to you, Its going to make me think about ordering from them again.
Were the 2 pairs packed in one bag? I wonder if that's what's caught the mean customs' eye.

Have you thought about letting puddle beach know? Dont know what they'd do but might be worth telling them and emailing a copy of the bill.

Im waiting for a delivery from west-way no import duty to worry about as they are in UK.
Go here for a voucher for 25% off, I used it saturday and got £15 off.
Dont know when the date is up thugh.
http://www.spendlessonline.co.uk/westway-promotional-code/

Thanks for that Magsy. Will do.

I did inform Puddlebeach but they weren't really interested. Said they'd no control over import duty, but I did point out that Parcelforce had been employed to transport the goods from port of entry, where their postage ended. There were 2 pairs in the same bag but it wasn't marked "gift" or anything, so I got stung!

P x

Mine came today, marked as a gift with $50 au marked on the bag. No customs charges (phew)

I absolutely adore them, in fact I am wearing them, sockless as we speak ~ don't know how long they'll hold out against my trotters though... :11:

Watched these just now for the first time and WANT!

Amazon have most of the ones that were on QVC - the stinger low is about £50 and free postage.

I am dithering, as I do not really need them, but WANT! are they really suitable for an old bag like me, and can you drive in them?

thanks!

I just watched this and I've never been a fan of UGGs and the like, but I think I might be beginning to turn (in a boots way!). I'm sitting here with freeeeeeezing feet.

I've never been too sure about the wearing jeans tucked into boots look, but maybe I should give it a go. Especially as I see they are available in black (I've never fancied the lighter ones).

Must resist!

If you go for the stinger lo type & wear a bootcut style trouser/jean, they can be worn underneath, rather than tucked in, although i did like the idea of rolling down the top to make a little cuffette type thingy :33:

ps How old is 'old bag'?

if you go for the stinger lo type & wear a bootcut style trouser/jean, they can be worn underneath, rather than tucked in, although i did like the idea of rolling down the top to make a little cuffette type thingy :33:

Ps how old is 'old bag'?

seriously old!

Watched these just now for the first time and WANT!

Amazon have most of the ones that were on QVC - the stinger low is about £50 and free postage.

I am dithering, as I do not really need them, but WANT! are they really suitable for an old bag like me, and can you drive in them?

thanks!

If this seriously old bag can wear them, you can too! Not sure I would drive in them tho.

Emu tsv

Thanks Mad Granny, have ordered them.

Friend on website has said she wears them and she lives in HAWAII!

Latest posts

Back