Emu TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I received these yesterday- a very considered purchase for me. I have never been able to wear emu or uggs as they just don't fit. I have had a pair of sketchers which look like these for 4 years and they have been fantastic, but are now looking a little careworn so I decided to risk sending for these as they statedthey had sorted the sizing out and narrowed down the ankle area.

Now I am a 6.5. My sketchers are a size 5 ( nuts!) but I ordered the 7 as they said to size up if a half size. They arrived half an inch shorter than the sketchers, the sheepskin inside was not nearly as luxurious , the toes were too tight and the ankle still far too big! I must have weird feet!

Anyway I emailed the Q and asked them if they would kindly pick them up by courier and I return them under DSR as I felt they were strange sizing and not as good quality as I expected. They picked them up today-at least I am not out any money!

As the soles and inners of my sketchers are still perfect I think I will have to investigate how to spruce up the outer suede . They are dark brown so it's probably not as noticeable to others as to me anyway!

I am a 7 and mine in size 7 fit perfectly. Sounds like it could be a quality control issue if they come up so small.As you say it is a considered purchase and you have to know you would get plenty of wear out of them.

Just been in my local TK maxx and spotted emu boots stinger lo, black, the old style for £59.99... Walked around with them for half an hour and had to leave without them as just bought this TSV and have a pair of the Paterson Lo :( :sad:

Katie I have never seen EMUs in my local TKMaxx in fact I rarely see anything like other people find! Drives me mad when I hear of other people's bargains, lol!

I ordered my true size (5) in the purple and they are a snug but comfy fit ... I love the colour. I don't plan to wear them with thick socks but think if I was I may have needed to go up to a 6. Last pair of old style stingers I bought I went down to a 4 and they still slopped about around my heel. Didn't send them back (although I should have) and they spent most of the last year in the bottom of the wardrobe.
I half expected to be returning these new ones to be honest but I'm really happy with them and will be keeping.

Katie I have never seen EMUs in my local TKMaxx in fact I rarely see anything like other people find! Drives me mad when I hear of other people's bargains, lol!

Thank goodness, I thought it was just me! Ours is more like Paddy's market than a store selling those designer items.

I think Ms Lazlo has been reading this thread! I have caught a couple of the Emu shows today and she has mentioned that people have been asking if these are really worn with skirts/dresses! Sorry Carla, I am still not convinced. I think they look awful. In my opinion they look best with leggings/skinny jeans!

I've tried wearing them with dresses & they look stupid,no way would I venture out wearing them like that!!

I much prefer them with long tunic style tops & either skinny jeans or leggings.

Latest posts

Back