Emma Hardie Eye Serum - Milia

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

What an excellent thread!!!

I have to say, I started using Emma Hardie products to try and to try to make something a little better. I have nothing against Emma - she really comes across as a bit batty but quite sweet - but I think she is not as well versed in her products as she suggests.

I have seen presentations when she has said she was surprised by how her rosehip kernels were helping with scar tissue and pigmentation. I would have thought she would know that rosehip oil is very high in vitamin e and as a result it is one of the best oils to help with scars and pigmentation. This is not a new discovery - it is something that goes back decades (I know because I have always had skin prone to marks and been a bit fixated on finding a solution!).

I am not knocking Emma, honestly, but I do suspect that if she were as in love with her products as she suggests she would have formulated them because of the strengths of each ingredient and would therefore know what benefits each has. It is the same with her use of moringa oil. It is a great oil to use but I feel she does not really understand its properties as well as she ought...

Sorry if this upsets anyone btw...

Just to let you know that I have been using EH eye serum for about a month once or twice a week and didn't get any milia.
---

Just remembered that EH highly praised pumpkin oil in her night cream, this is what I found
Pumpkin Seed Oil is used in products where a lifting effect is required, so it can be used in facial, abdominal, upper leg, breast and buttock lifting/firming preparations.

Because of its high zinc content it is an excellent lifting oil for dry, mature and damaged skin. It is an excellent vegetable oil where a lifting effect is required, so it can also be used in facial, abdominal, upper leg and breast lifting/firming preparations. The oil is also well known and taken internally, for its beneficial effect on prostate problems.
From here http://www.aromantic.co.uk/buy-pumpkin-seed-oil-organic-uk.htm

--
And I thought this was interesting on the Blueberry Seed Oil
Uses of Blueberry Seed Oil
Very effective for cell and tissue regeneration.
Excellent for treating sensitive and oily skin, skin with large pores as well as helping to treat all kinds of skin infections, such as acne, pimples and boils.Also useful in the repair of damaged skin tissue caused by chemotherapy, scalds, burns and reducing or healing fine lines around the eyes, wrinkles and scars.
Its consistency is dry to very dry and blueberry seed oil is a very good anti-wrinkle oil. It soothes the fine wrinkles, especially around the eyes and mouth. It gives elasticity to the skin and helps against skin aging.In anti-wrinkle and skin rejuvenation face and skin oils, serums, creams and lotions.
From here http://www.aromantic.co.uk/buy-blueberry-seed-oil-cold-pressed-uk.htm

Last edited:
Thanks for that, Marina. I used the serum every night for a week to get mine. Pumpkin oil is delish! to eat. I have bought it in Tesco; the original/best is from Graz, Austria and they recommend it over ice cream! The blueberry oil has got my interest! Red is raspberry, blue for blueberry, just need a white oil, and we'll be RedWhiteAndBlueOiled! If we can also find THE right oils for luscious hair, eyebrows and eyelashes we will have this beauty malarkey solved, at a fraction of Q's price. lol

I just ordered some of the Raspberry Seed Oil as well, as I have problems around my chin area with spots and, ahem, ingrown hairs, and this might help. I've only ever had one milia, under my eye, and it disappeared, probably when I started getting more into skincare and using LUSH products. I've gone off Lush quite a bit but the thing I keep on coming back to is their Catastrophe Cosmetic mask, which is full of blueberies and clay and does wonders for my pores. With the information from Marina that makes perfect sense now, and I have to see whether I can get Blueberry Seed Oil to mix something up myself!

Thanks, ladies, you are a mine of information!

If you got problems with acne and those pesky ingrown hairs in amongst it then you probably need something to deal with the underlying infection. I speak from experience I'm afraid. Antibiotics could knock it on the head but you'll have to take them for months and they do upset the system for lots of peeps. Or you could try an antibacterial wash like Hibiscrub. Drastic I know and most would run in horror but what you have is probably folliculitis and it's a barsteward to get rid of. If it is folliculitis then using Hibiscrub just once or twice will make a difference. If you don't have it then it won't help.

Your skin will be dry as a bone after using the Hibiscrub but the spots (or in my case smartie size boils!) will have gone down and then you can deal with the dryness.

Oh my goodness, I am so surprised at how many posts there are from people who have ordered this oil! And I suspect there are others watching-this-space to see the comments. I'm dabbing it now on old scars on my hand to see if there's any change. Gosh, I do hope it works for everyone!!!

It's not suitable for aspirin allergy people, raspberry has a staggeringly high concentration of salicylic acid. Best of luck to everyone who can use it with the individual results.

...which reminds me...I used to use a soluble aspirin mask (make a paste with a few drops of water on a tablet) on stubborn blind spots I used to get on my chin. Effective if you're ok with aspirin.

Jude xx

Oh my goodness, I am so surprised at how many posts there are from people who have ordered this oil! And I suspect there are others watching-this-space to see the comments. I'm dabbing it now on old scars on my hand to see if there's any change. Gosh, I do hope it works for everyone!!!

I'm a cautious and late adopter of cosmetic beauty products and I do not necessarily believe that what is natural is good for my skin. I would not want to put extract of anything directly on my skin. On the other hand I do look at your jewellry suggestions!

Salicylic crops up a lot in facial skin care because of it's exfoliating properties and of course in foot creams. Thanks for the heads up Vampyre as my OH does have aspirin sensitivity and also another condition likely to cause death- a tendency to dip into my skin care!

Hiya - last month I mentioned getting milia when I started EH products. Two or 3 mentioned the same. I had 2 on the outer left corner and another on the right eye, on the lower lashline.

How interesting! I have noticed this too - have been using EH eye serum for about six weeks and I have little milia under one eye. I have never had this problem before. I also notice that I get a 'bumpy' forehead when I use Elemis PCMC. Anyone else have this problem or know why that would be the case?

Ah, so maybe this is where my milia has come from? It's only now that I have twigged, reading this, and thinking back they coincided with me using the balm daily for a couple of weeks. I wonder....I like the sound of the oils, may have to join you. I bet these companies are wondering why there is a sudden rush on them!!

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk 2

I have been using the balm twice a day and the eye serum once a day since February. I only have one milia spot. I get them intermittently, always have. You will get them no matter what you use I am afraid. I wonttell you exactly how I get rid of mine, but it involves a boiling hot needle. Out in one, minir sting and a little mark for a few hours then no sign the milia was ever there. I don't risk it round the eyes and usually wait until the milia has been cleansed and exfoliated for a couple of weeks before attempting. Please don't try this at home!

Still18InMyHead-Quick Service! What I tried was Raspberry Seed Oil (Akamuti). Don't know if Raspberry Leaf Serum is the same?!? RSOil I massaged into my face last thing at night. What works for one may not work for another but as I said, I got those results with RSOil. Those irritating little spots have certainly got us talkin'! Weathergirl, ouch! All that palaver over such a tiny thing. Pesky, aren't they? Everyone, hoping for good results when your oil arrives! x Snarly

If you got problems with acne and those pesky ingrown hairs in amongst it then you probably need something to deal with the underlying infection. I speak from experience I'm afraid. Antibiotics could knock it on the head but you'll have to take them for months and they do upset the system for lots of peeps. Or you could try an antibacterial wash like Hibiscrub. Drastic I know and most would run in horror but what you have is probably folliculitis and it's a barsteward to get rid of. If it is folliculitis then using Hibiscrub just once or twice will make a difference. If you don't have it then it won't help.

Your skin will be dry as a bone after using the Hibiscrub but the spots (or in my case smartie size boils!) will have gone down and then you can deal with the dryness.

I'd like to add to Tinkerbelle's post above that low pH products work wonders for acne since acne is caused by the bacteria living in alkaline environment on skin.

I'd like to highly recommend these tonic and colloidal silver gel, they are both effective and inexpensive. My personal preference is the toner, it helped me better, literally, you will see results in 2-3 days using the tonic.

This is the tonic
http://www.ishtarskinlights.com/acatalog/Clarity_Glytone.html

This is colloidal silver gel
http://www.ishtarskinlights.com/acatalog/Argentum_Bioclear.html

They also have some very useful information on acne and pigmentation

The information is here
http://www.ishtarskinlights.com/articles/ph-skin.html

I have tried almost all products in Ishtarskinlights range and like them all, the products are vegan and good quality natural products.
I found them through a recommendation on a forum.

Last edited:
Please please don't all of you assume that acne is always solved by antibiotics because it is caused by bacteria. It is actually caused by over production of sebum that then in turn is affected by bacteria to become acne. Antibiotics work in some cases, not all. In my case the cause was HORMONAL, and antibiotics cleared up an initial crop of acne, but due to the underlying cause, it came right on back. Treat the CAUSE of the acne. My doctor stopped the antibiotics, gave me a high oestrogen pill for 18 months and the spots went within 3 days. I kept taking the hormone pills for the 18 month maximum and the spots never came back. That was 8 years ago now.

I don't it's true to say that you can't do anything about milia and will get them no matter what. They can be caused by something specific (usually a product too rich for your skin or not cleaning skin properly) and can be avoided by not using whatever product caused them in the first place. I got them in spades from using a Clinique eye cream which was loaded with silicones, felt gorgeous but blocked my skin. Now I use Elemis Pro Collagen eye cream and have no milia so I'm sticking with it.

You can get them removed by a dermatologist if you don't fancy having a go yourself. i have to admit I popped one out once as it was getting really annoying but my husband had a fit when he caught me in the bathroom poking round near my eye with a hot needle!!

Tx

Weathergirl I agree about treating the cause. In my case it wasn't just the acne it was folliculitis and that won't respond to "spot treatments". The spot won't heal because the problem is an ingrown hair, or in my case hair that grows so slowly in causes problems. It look a good 18 months for my GP to work out what the problem was as it's not the norm. I used Hibiscrub for two days and it made a huge difference similar to taking months of antibiotics.

So my advice to ... eek can't remember who now ... who mentioned pesky ingrown hairs was to try an antibacterial wash for a couple of days. If it helped great if it didn't then don't carry on.

I still get the odd spot that hormone related and I get the odd spot that's folliculitis but fortunately now I can fairly easily work out the difference.

Latest posts

Back