Emma Hardie Eye Serum - Milia

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ooh, Tinkerbelle. I'm sorry you've been left with marks from laser use. I'm halfway through a treatment now and have been warned about them. Could you give me some details of how yours occurred?

TIA

The honest answer is that I don't know. I did everything I was supposed to as regards aftercare and the marks don't coincide with the main areas treated. The marks are almost like a smudge either side of my chin and along the jawline. They're literally on the jawline and no more than half a centimetre wide.

I was told it was rare especially as I had used SPF but it can happen. I'm living proof. I did see someone about laser treatment to deal with it but the consultant said "no". He was worried that I could be left with White patches which would be worse.

As long as I use a sunscreen they're really not very noticeable, largely because of where they are ... right on the jawline. If I do get a tan they just get darker and darker. A quick swish of makeup and they are hidden so it's not THAT bad. Or so I tell myself 99% of the time. 1% of the time it really bothers me.

I don't need any more laser treatment for anything but I have now been told I couldn't have it anyway. And if you're interested ... no. I don't regret having the treatment for one minute ... 99% of the time :eek:)

I received my Raspberry, Blueberry and Kiwi oils yesterday.
I used a mix of Blueberry and Kiwi oils followed up by EH Night Rejuvenating cream and the Raspberry oil in the morning followed by EH Lighter Lotion. I did notice at work that my face looks as if it was primed under my make up, even skin, less craters (pores) on sides of my cheeks. Because I used EH along with oils I'm not claiming all the benefits on the oils but so far very pleased. I didn't notice these result using EH on it's own.

Last night was the second time I used the oils and again didn't notice much until I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror at work smiling. My under eye area normally creases quiet a bit when I smile but today it looked very soft and not crinkly as usual, it only crinkled about 50% of the usual.

It would be great to hear if anyone else noticed any results?

Oh yes I remember those nose plaster things. I've only got a little nose so I used to trim them up a bit and they were fine. Well they were til I left one on for too long and when I took it off it took some skin off with it. Well bugger that I thought!
:mysmilie_507::mysmilie_507: Thank you for making me laugh!!

The honest answer is that I don't know. I did everything I was supposed to as regards aftercare and the marks don't coincide with the main areas treated. The marks are almost like a smudge either side of my chin and along the jawline. They're literally on the jawline and no more than half a centimetre wide.

I was told it was rare especially as I had used SPF but it can happen. I'm living proof. I did see someone about laser treatment to deal with it but the consultant said "no". He was worried that I could be left with White patches which would be worse.

As long as I use a sunscreen they're really not very noticeable, largely because of where they are ... right on the jawline. If I do get a tan they just get darker and darker. A quick swish of makeup and they are hidden so it's not THAT bad. Or so I tell myself 99% of the time. 1% of the time it really bothers me.

I don't need any more laser treatment for anything but I have now been told I couldn't have it anyway. And if you're interested ... no. I don't regret having the treatment for one minute ... 99% of the time :eek:)

Thanks for replying. I had a problem with laser treatment, too. I had thread vein treatment and it actually worked a treat, BUT, I was left with slight diffuse redness over the area treated. I don't regret it, though, as I was obviously following my aunt who suffered with horrendous rosacea. I hate to imagine how I'd look now if I hadn't done it!

I was told recently that it's called purpura and a modern laser would get rid of. I was also told that laser "accidents" are quite frequently seen, even more so as treatments become more available (but also a lot of people who've had treatment over the past 10-15 years are now noticing problems resulting from older machines). So a warning to anyone thinking of doing it, the results are great with the right person and machine, but the opposite with the wrong combination!

Alter-ego I think my laser therapy would have been in 2000 so would have been with the older machine I assume. For me though the "damage" was visible almost immediately. Actually thinking about it since these posts I've realised it's probably the least noticeable it's been in years. No idea why that would be.

I"ve just realised i"ve just got these. Had few red looking bumps so at bedtime had the idea of putting
Cleanse and Polish neat on the bumps for three nights in a row, and then the Milia seemed to come
along. Took needle, ouch, to them and then looked up the internet about them, and this site
recommended the Clarisonic, so i"m trying that now

Latest posts

Back