Emma Hardie Eye Serum - Milia

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Snarly

Registered Shopper
Hiya - last month I mentioned getting milia when I started EH products. Two or 3 mentioned the same. I had 2 on the outer left corner and another on the right eye, on the lower lashline. I used something in my stash on 2 nights and all 3 are gone! Hand on heart! I'm now trying it on my pigment marks. Raspberry Seed Oil is for skin conditions, eczema|psoriasis|scaling. I had ordered from Akamuti and they sent me my order and someone else's by mistake. When I told them, they said to keep it (RSOil) no charge, rather than returning it. My face felt dry on the w/end so I used the RSOil. Realised this morning, the 3 milia were gone. May help someone else.

I once bought Raspberry Seed Cream all the way from the States as it was advertised for skin problems including skin cancer.
I have to say I didn't notice major positive changes in my skin but it seems that Raspberry Seed Oil has medicinal properties.
Thank you Snarly, I'll go and get one now, it's only the price of p&p on Q and I can always use it as a serum oil under any cream.

This is what I found

Raspberry Oil
This familiar fragrant fruit produces an exceptional oil with some outstanding properties. It is packed with vitamins E & A & omega fatty acids. It is reputed to have fantastic anti-UV abilities giving it a naturally high SPF. Raspberry is particularly good for distressed & upset skin, especially where there is scaling. This oil is excellent for reducing oxidative stress within the skin & perfect for skin repair & conditioning.

Perhaps we can ditch the very expensive Ultrasun for a natural alternative product?

Last edited:
My label reads: This exceptional oil is packed with vitamins E & A & omega fatty acids. It is reputed to have fantastic anti-UV abilities giving it a naturally high SPF. Raspberry has particularly good anti-inflammatory actions making it good for irritated skin conditions especially if there is scaling as in eczema and psoriasis. Ingredients: raspberry seed oil (rubus idaes). Keep out of direct sunlight. Store in a dark, dry, cool place. External use only. Akamuti Limited, Llandeilo, Wales. ... I forgot to say I also had a zit by my nose that was there for 3 weeks or so and it cleared up/gone/nothing there, over the w/end. The bottle I received, in error, is £10 for 100ml and they also have 10ml for £2.95, both in glass bottles. Smells fresh; green tea-like. I have it by my bed now ready to apply tonight. Will take pics of my pigment spots in the interest of science, snarly-style, no subsidies received. ;-)

"Smells fresh; green tea-like" (sorry, can't do proper quotes due to technical problems) - Probably full of antioxidants hence the UV properties.
--

I found some more on it

It may also be used in the sunscreen industry due to its UV absorbing properties. It contains a sun protection factor (SPF) of between 28 and 50 and contains extremely high levels of alpha and gamma tocopherols (vitamin E), vitamin A, approximately 30% of omega 3 and 54% of omega 6 fatty acids, so with approximately 84% content of essential fatty acids, it gives the skin a vital broad spectrum defence from harmful UVA and UVB rays. Red raspberry seed oil is an ideal choice to use as the main vegetable oil in your sun care products.

From here http://aromantic.co.uk/buy-red-raspberry-seed-oil-with-05-added-vitamin-e-oil-uk.htm

And there are recepies on how to make your spf oil with different spf number.

Last edited:
I'd be really interested to know if it has any effect on pigmentation marks. I've got marks that are due to laser treatment and nothing has worked on the buggers. They're not too bad as long as I keep out of the sun ... which I do obviously.

Thanks Snarly and Marina. Rasberry Seed oil sounds gorgeous - I will order and start using. I started getting milia from using EH Moringa balm a couple of times as an over night treatment - put me right off, but stupidly missed the 3012 day mbg to return the 200 mls, so now have very pampered hands and feet, LOL!
I have pigmentation marks, so it would be great if the oil reduces them. Let us know how you get on, Snarly.

I think that Emma Hardie goes a bit too far suggesting to leave the balm overnight.
I have checked the ingredients before I bought the EH TSV and thought that I best wash it off as intended and the cleansing results are great so far.

Emma Hardie Cleansing Balm and Night Cream ingredients

http://www.londonmakeupgirl.com/2011/03/emma-hardie-cleansing-balm-and-night.html
Moringa is at the end of a very long list after all the PEGs

Last edited:
Thank you Snarly and Marina for passing this on. I suffer from milia and also pigmentation so have just ordered some to try. Will report back.

Thanks everyone. What Snarly knows, she shares is my motto. I'm not a trained therapist (beauty or mind) but do cite my sources. I like products as natural and organic (freetrade) as possible, and this company is Welsh. Others may be just as good but Akamuti's the RSoil I used. Off now to take pictures of my forehead. lol Snarly-the-scientist of a not-so-carefully controlled-study-of-one signing off now.

Thanks Snarly and Marina for this informative thread. Have a stash of Decleor and Akin oils but may order some Raspberry seed oil to add to body cream. Would love to hear from everyone at a later date with updates on usage. Particularly interested in the anti-inflammatory properties and whether it may help with joints?
I also bought the Emma Hardie 'try me' and was none too impressed. I think the shows make extravagant claims for use to make the products seem indispensable. The balm was too bitter tasting for lips and as it's main purpose is to cleanse I don't see how it can be used to mix with lip colour and give a lasting effect. Didn't get that. They also suggest using the eye serum in the lashes and I always woke up with filmy eyes. More to the point I developed a milia spot on the bridge of the nose which I still have!!

I am not amused at all reading that Emma Hardie products can cause melia spots. I bought the balm and eye serum and have been using for a week now. I am prone to those damn melia things anyway and i don't want to use something that might give me more of them.

Daft question alert ... why would any one product be more prone to giving peeps milia than another?

I've only ever had one and I don't want another.

What causes milia?

Every day your skin rejuvenates by shedding dead skin cells and replacing them with new ones. In essence your skin naturally exfoliates itself. However, if your skin has trouble shedding all of the dead skin cells, they build up and get stuck under the skin causing the tiny white spots which are visible in milia sufferers. One of the top causes of milia is thought to be the use of products which are heavy in oil or are comedogenic (pore-clogging). These are thought to contribute to milia as they increase the likelihood of the dead skin cells becoming stuck.

http://www.thefacebeauty.co.uk/blog...how-do-i-get-rid-of-milia-under-my-eyes-1691/

Wow Donna255, what a coincidence! I don't 'do' Facebook so couldn't know - this forum is as modern as I get. How extraordinary! I am glad it's not just me with the milia and the EH serum. I will be s-o interested to hear about others' reactions. x Snarly

I like Emma Hardie, especially the Moringa Balm. It has a taste that I do not like (having swallowed some whilst washing my face!) and wouldn't use it on my lips. Its no worse imo than Liz Earle balm.

They are overpriced but aren't most things on QVC? You pay your money and all of that. I din't like the way the balm melts into an oil slick during warm weather but it works just as well.

I've ordered the raspberry oil; I use oils like this in preference to Decleor oils. They are very basic cheap oils with a few drops of essential oil. I have made a convincing dup for the nail oil for a fraction of the price. I may do the same for the neroli and ylang ylang soon. The ingredients for the oils are all readily available.

I'm changing Minim's name to Mineofinformation ... lol

Interesting. I've only ever had one and it was just below my eye after using a random eye cream. I normally use PCMC so I shall carry on with that although I do think at some point that won't be enough. I've got a few fine lines under my eyes but no crows feet at all. Yet. But as I'm nearly 50 the buggers will be along in a tick.

Latest posts

Back