embarrassing moments on qvc

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

salabim

Registered Shopper
What's the most embarrassing, cringeworthy thing you've ever seen on QVC? For me it was on a Lulu Guinness show presented by Ann Dawson. Lulu was trying to show how roomy one of the bags was, but Ann was going on and on about how it would be perfect for her upcoming holiday - talking over Lulu. Eventually Lulu said words to the effect that knowing the size of the bag was more useful to viewers than hearing about AD's hols. Instead of shutting up, Ann started saying "Oh listen to this, I'm getting told off, she's telling me off....". Getting louder and more strident. It was awful. I found myself covering my face, praying she'd put a sock in it. In the end LG gave up - the look of resignation on her face ... Used to quite like AD, but I didn't after that!

All time favorite moment of mine is the vacuum demo that went wrong with charlie and the lady with the brown hair cant remember her name . Followed by Nick alsbury breaking the plasma TV :giggle:

Last edited:
A very long time ago, early in Charlie's QVC career he was doing a toys show in the run up to Christmas. They were selling something like a wendy house and climbed inside but couldn't get out for laughing.

Another embarrassing moment was when Julia thought she was a celebrity and an author and decided to launch her Autobiography on QVC :smirk: :giggle:

Adrienne doing In the kitchen she made an omelette and as she was sliding it out of he non stick pan she almost dropped at and said Oh F-ck it was so embarrassing but she carried on as if nothing had happened.

It's so funny when things go wrong and they can't get the camera off quick enough.

Oh there have been loads! There was the one with some kind of food chopping / blender thing where all the contents came out (guest with Julia Roberts). There was the time when Stacey Sheflin said the word "s***" live on air (Julia Roberts presenting). There was the time when Ann Dawson said "the phone lines have LITERALLY" just melted." There was the time when a telephone caller called in to rave about the product and then went on to say how she could get it cheaper in her catalogue! Debbie Flint cringed over that. There was the woman who was obsessed with Dawn Bibby and taped all her shows! There was an American woman who kept calling a bumbag a "fanny pack!" (haahahahhaha!)
Nick Alsbury breaking the TV! Hahahah bimbette Sutton was well embarrassed! Then there was the time when Sutton demonstrated the I-Joy Ride.! lol There was a time when Jill Franks was talking to a caller who if I remember rightly said that a relative had cancer / had died from cancer and Franks replied: "That's great." (Eugh)

Oooh I forgot to mention that Suarti woman who dances like a demented snake being charmed out of a basket with a gondola on its head! And Jennifer Kirk hurling glitter at the camera whilst flogging her cheap old crap. Oh but worst of all, more than the dreaded Lulu, is Sarah Shurety! Everything that awful cow comes out with is total bol***ks!

Oooh I forgot to mention that Suarti woman who dances like a demented snake being charmed out of a basket with a gondola on its head! And Jennifer Kirk hurling glitter at the camera whilst flogging her cheap old crap. Oh but worst of all, more than the dreaded Lulu, is Sarah Shurety! Everything that awful cow comes out with is total bol***ks!

Some hilarious examples there Julius but who is Sarah Shurety? (sorry I just cant place her :confused:)

Everytime CHuntly is on with Lulu Guinness. Lulu has to rush to A&E to get CHuntly removed from her backside. Forceps please.

Jennifer Kirk once had a melt down when on with Dale. She caught sight of herself in the monitor and suddenly started on about how old and ugly she thought she looked compared to the model on with them. Dale did talk her down from the ledge.

The guy Rob, who split from his girlfriend and we got the endless how unhappy he was etc. He was doing a demo but always managed to bring it round to the ex somehow. I thought why the hell are QVC letting him on air like that?

Last edited:
Oh there have been loads! There was the one with some kind of food chopping / blender thing where all the contents came out (guest with Julia Roberts). There was the time when Stacey Sheflin said the word "s***" live on air (Julia Roberts presenting). There was the time when Ann Dawson said "the phone lines have LITERALLY" just melted." There was the time when a telephone caller called in to rave about the product and then went on to say how she could get it cheaper in her catalogue! Debbie Flint cringed over that. There was the woman who was obsessed with Dawn Bibby and taped all her shows! There was an American woman who kept calling a bumbag a "fanny pack!" (haahahahhaha!)
Nick Alsbury breaking the TV! Hahahah bimbette Sutton was well embarrassed! Then there was the time when Sutton demonstrated the I-Joy Ride.! lol There was a time when Jill Franks was talking to a caller who if I remember rightly said that a relative had cancer / had died from cancer and Franks replied: "That's great." (Eugh)

Oh gawd. I'd forgotten about the phoners in. They nearly always make me cringe

Everytime CHuntly is on with Lulu Guinness. Lulu has to rush to A&E to get CHuntly removed from her backside. Forceps please.

Jennifer Kirk once had a melt down when on with Dale. She caught sight of herself in the monitor and suddenly started on about how old and ugly she thought she looked compared to the model on with them. Dale did talk her down from the ledge.

The guy Rob, who split from his girlfriend and we got the endless how unhappy he was etc. He was doing a demo but always managed to bring it round to the ex somehow. I thought why the hell are QVC letting him on air like that?

Catherine does go over the top with Lulu G doesn't she. Definitely embarrassing. And Alison Young is as bad with the other Lulu. Would love to see the Jennifer Kirk/Dale thing

Sarah Shurety is a (self-proclaimed) "fung shui" expert. She has her own range of products that are almost always overpriced crap. She will make up stuff on the spot. For example she will create a stupid green purse which has one of its corners cut off and she will harp on about how having a 3 cornered purse will make you richer etc.... NO IT F*****G WON'T! You will be poorer because the thing is overpriced! Or she will create a base metal frog with bulging eyes that looks like a garden ornament from the Pound Shop and she will tell you that if you place the frog in the left hand corner of your hallway all these wonderful things will happen to you. Oh I hate that woman! Wish she would **** off! She is full of garbage! Let's use LOGIC and COMMON SENSE! I am utterly amazed that anyone takes anything she says seriously!

Oh and what about Uri Geller! As fake as they come. Has lived in England for about 50 years and still speaks like an au-pair to project an image of mystery. He was exposed on the Johnny Carson show by James Randi in about 1974 yet still manages to peddle his old garbage!

The T-caller convinced Julia Roberts had just had a baby - even argued when Julia tried to set the record straight!

Alison Young saying Gale Hymen and then going into fits of laughter about it.

The T-caller asking AY if she could use arnica bath soak in the shower as she didn't have a bath. AY told her not really but she could use it in a bowel of water, as a foot soak. When the caller replied that she didn't have any feet, Aly had to concede that it probably wasn't the product for her.

The t-caller who told Tova she'd named her Siamese cat after her - Tova's smile remained fixed but the expression of horring in her eyes at having a cat named after her was priceless. AY tried to make it better by saying Siamese are very sophisticated cats but she still wasn't impressed.

These examples are so funny, Donna's story about Rob's relationship troubles was indeed cringeworthy. It reminded me of the Tony Blackburn show in the 70's when he split up from his wife, he used to get upset on air and played certain sad songs. I really did used to feel sorry for Tony though and hoped he would soon feel better. Having said that I didn't want to hear about such things on a shopping channel, too personal by far.
Julius, your posts are quite cutting but really funny at the same time so keep them coming.
I think you have taken over from HC as our resident naughty boy !

i thought it was embaressing when somebody tweeted in during Kipling hour and asked JR...where does she get her bags for her eyes from.....cringeworthy ......x

Latest posts

Back