Elemis TSV 19/03/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Blissy thank you for your lovely invitation but I'm in rural West Norfolk in a tiny hamlet, all my neighbours are strictly shielding either due to age, one old couple are the same age as The Queen and her hubby or they have severe health issues, and all my friends have full bubbles with family.

My company is retail and is only paying the 80% to safeguard the company so it is a position to reopen and I completely understand that but that 80% only just covers rent, utilities etc, I did write to my landlady's agent and asked if there could be a temporary rent reduction just until furlough is over but I didn't even get a reply which is disappointing as she is one of the richest people in the country.

But I'm grateful for this forum...I consider all of you as in my bubble 💞

This pandemic has hit so many people very hard.As a late friend of mine used to say ‘we are in the lifeboat’ and that is how I look at my situation.Being retired with a state pension and one from my work I count myself very lucky.However this point has not been reached without its trials.I worked 42 years full time some of it in a precarious industry and have had times of being out of work.Always paid Income Tax, that continues and have no children, so no child allowance or education for them to pay for.If in my latter years I need care I will use the equity in my property.We all need light at the end of the tunnel, even those of my age see their years slipping away, I hope I will be able to travel again, that was until 3 years ago one of the real pleasures of life, but keep hopeful!
I see those with their Support Bubbles but mine comes from within myself, take heart SusieSue you will come through and be the stronger for it.

Blissy thank you for your lovely invitation but I'm in rural West Norfolk in a tiny hamlet, all my neighbours are strictly shielding either due to age, one old couple are the same age as The Queen and her hubby or they have severe health issues, and all my friends have full bubbles with family.

My company is retail and is only paying the 80% to safeguard the company so it is a position to reopen and I completely understand that but that 80% only just covers rent, utilities etc, I did write to my landlady's agent and asked if there could be a temporary rent reduction just until furlough is over but I didn't even get a reply which is disappointing as she is one of the richest people in the country.

But I'm grateful for this forum...I consider all of you as in my bubble 💞
Oops dunno what happened there. That sounds hard. Remember to use the telephone to maintain contact with friends.
Loads of people just don't pay their rent & it's hard for l.lords to get the tenant out, but I wouldn't recommend doing that, it'd just get really stressful.
I was serious about the bubble, but that is miles away. With any luck your shop will reopen soon.

We live next door to a privately rented property. Mr V has lived here for over 40 years and an elderly lady lived in the property next door until she died about 15 years ago. Her son inherited the house but he lives abroad so he left it in the hands of a letting agent and ever since his Mum`s death there have been several different tenants.
I moved here when we married 10 years ago and the neighbour was a divorced Mum with teenage sons. She worked in a nursing home and when not working she was a devout Jehovahs Witness so she`d either be at the Kingdom Hall or out door knocking. We had no trouble with her or her sons.
She remarried and moved elsewhere and then we got another single Mum with young children, one of which was severely autistic. Eventually a new boyfriend moved in, she had another baby and neither her nor her boyfriend worked. Her rent was obviously being paid by housing benefit and I doubt she told the benefits agency about her boyfriend. They too moved on.
Then we got a single man with severe mental health problems and he was rattling around in a 3 bedroomed house and all that space going to waste. and living off benefits. One day he barricaded himself in the house and was threatening suicide. He was sectioned and we never saw him again and the house stood empty for a few months.
Our current neighbours are once again a single Mum with 3 kids and her boyfriend. Once again her rent is paid by housing benefit, she`s never worked because she got pregnant with her first child at 17 and no doubt benefits don`t know her boyfriend and father of her baby boy is living there. She never has a cig out of her mouth, their recycling bin overflows with beer cans, and she spent the whole of lockdowns shouting and bawling at her 3 kids.
Her boyfriend is late 20`s maybe early 30`s but acts like a teenager and says he is a musician and we have had issues with overly loud music and him dumping stuff at the front and side of their house. During lockdowns she`s had food parcels, free meals or vouchers for the kids but unlike working people her income has never lowered. Her rent has been paid, her benefits have been paid and so has her child benefit.
Her kids are under a supervision order and both her and her boyfriend were put on a 12month suspended prison sentence for animal cruelty and taken to court by the rspca and banned from owning animals for life. All of that happened before they moved here.
The point I`m making (rather long winded I know) is lots of people are looking for decent rented property, lots of people are currently struggling due to being furloughed and are worried sick about paying their rent or being evicted for arrears and yet 3 out of 4 of the neighbours we`ve had in the past 10 years have never done a days work, don`t have a single worry about whether their rent is being paid because HB are paying it and live in a 3 bedroomed semi with a huge garden in a quiet street and directly opposite a primary school so it literally takes them 30 seconds to take their kids to school and still have the same income, still drink, smoke, get almost daily deliveries from Amazon and the like and are considered "deprived". It baffles me how the hell they get these houses and how they get their rent paid on a private let ? Yet hard working people get no or little help at all.
Mr V is 70 and I`m not far behind and our greatest wish is that the house will eventually be sold and we`ll get a decent set of neighbours who want to settle there and look after their property and the son who inherited it and leaves it in the hands of a letting agent will one day return from Spain and see just what kind of tenants have lived there.

Last edited:
Elemis Dynamic Resurfacing Essentials 4 Piece Collection
Item Number: 244166
QVC Price £100.00
Todays Special Value Price £66.98
P&P £3.95

This four-piece Dynamic Resurfacing Collection from Elemis features a cleansing Facial Wash, skin-softening Exfoliating Pads, hydrating SPF 30 Day Cream and cooling Gel Mask. Infused with Tri-Enzyme Technology designed to lift away dead skin cells without disturbing the skin's natural balance, this gentle yet effective routine will help to promote a natural-looking glow.

Daily resurfacing - formulated to transform the look of lacklustre complexions, this Dynamic Resurfacing edit offers three products that'll slot perfectly into your daily regime. Start with the Facial Wash to help clear your pores of dirt and grime, followed by the dual-action Facial Pads for added exfoliation to promote a more even looking skin tone and texture. Finally, apply the skin-smoothing Day Cream to help lock in moisture while providing vital SPF 30 protection. The results? Skin that looks and feels beautifully smooth and radiant.

Cooling treatment - no skincare routine is complete without a weekly targeted treatment and the cooling Gel Mask is the perfect option. Working to reduce the look of fine lines and wrinkles while improving the look of uneven skin texture, this twice weekly mask helps to reveal a stunningly smooth looking complexion with each application.

The gift of good skin - whether it's for your mum, dad, best friend or yourself, this Elemis edit would make a luxurious gift for anyone in need of extra TLC.

Contains:

• 1 x Dynamic Resurfacing Facial Wash (200ml) - this enzyme gel cleanser helps to effectively remove dirt and impurities while exfoliating to reveal skin that appears visibly smoother and brighter. Infused with Tri-Enzyme Technology, antioxidant-rich moringa, babassu oil and white truffle
  • 1 x Dynamic Resurfacing Facial Pads (60-pack) - these textured pads work to reduce the look of uneven skin tone and texture by gently sloughing away dead skin cells to reveal smooth, soft and radiant-looking skin. Enriched with Tri-Enzyme Technology, lactic acid, shea butter, shea butter, vitamin E and probiotic ferment complex
  • 1 x Dynamic Resurfacing Day Cream SPF 30 (50ml) - this hydrating daily moisturiser with SPF 30 protection works to even out the appearance of skin tone, while helping to visibly reduce some of the key signs of ageing on the skin to reveal a smoother looking complexion. Infused with Tri-Enzyme Technology, white truffle extract, shea butter, starflower seed oil, myrtle leaf extract and raspberry seed oil
  • 1 x Dynamic Resurfacing Gel Mask (15ml) - a cooling gel mask that works to improve the look of fine lines and wrinkles and uneven skin texture. Infused with Tri-Enzyme Technology, Amazonian acerola cherry, papain derived from papaya, shea butter, burdock root extract, white truffle and amino acids

How to use:
Dynamic Resurfacing Facial Wash:

• Mix a pea-sized amount into your palms and add a little warm water before gently massaging over the face, neck and decollete in circular movements
  • Rinse off and pat dry with a clean towel
Dynamic Resurfacing Facial Pads:

• Smooth pad, texture side down, over the face in a circular motion morning and evening, after cleansing
  • For optimum results, use as part of the Dynamic Resurfacing program
Dynamic Resurfacing Day Cream SPF 30:

• Apply every morning, and evening if desired
  • Apply a pea-sized amount to cleansed skin
  • Warm between the palms and smooth over the face
  • Avoid direct contact with eyes
Dynamic Resurfacing Gel Mask:

• Apply twice weekly to cleansed skin, avoiding your eye and lip area
  • On application you’ll experience a tingling sensation
  • Leave on for 8 - 10 minutes
  • Rinse off
  • If contact with eyes occurs, rinse thoroughly

Please note - always use an SPF during daylight hours and avoid UV exposure whilst using the Resurfacing program.

ml for ml

Dynamic Resurfacing Facial Wash (200ml) - £34 direct cost £13.47
Dynamic Resurfacing Facial Pads (60-pack) - £40 direct cost £15.85
Dynamic Resurfacing Day Cream SPF 30 (50ml) - £87 direct cost £34.48
Dynamic Resurfacing Gel Mask (15ml) - £18 direct cost £7.13

Total £179 cost £70.93 incl p&p used in calculations.
Thank you SCW for RRP prices.

We live next door to a privately rented property. Mr V has lived here for over 40 years and an elderly lady lived in the property next door until she died about 15 years ago. Her son inherited the house but he lives abroad so he left it in the hands of a letting agent and ever since his Mum`s death there have been several different tenants.
I moved here when we married 10 years ago and the neighbour was a divorced Mum with teenage sons. She worked in a nursing home and when not working she was a devout Jehovahs Witness so she`d either be at the Kingdom Hall or out door knocking. We had no trouble with her or her sons.
She remarried and moved elsewhere and then we got another single Mum with young children, one of which was severely autistic. Eventually a new boyfriend moved in, she had another baby and neither her nor her boyfriend worked. Her rent was obviously being paid by housing benefit and I doubt she told the benefits agency about her boyfriend. They too moved on.
Then we got a single man with severe mental health problems and he was rattling around in a 3 bedroomed house and all that space going to waste. and living off benefits. One day he barricaded himself in the house and was threatening suicide. He was sectioned and we never saw him again and the house stood empty for a few months.
Our current neighbours are once again a single Mum with 3 kids and her boyfriend. Once again her rent is paid by housing benefit, she`s never worked because she got pregnant with her first child at 17 and no doubt benefits don`t know her boyfriend and father of her baby boy is living there. She never has a cig out of her mouth, their recycling bin overflows with beer cans, and she spent the whole of lockdowns shouting and bawling at her 3 kids.
Her boyfriend is late 20`s maybe early 30`s but acts like a teenager and says he is a musician and we have had issues with overly loud music and him dumping stuff at the front and side of their house. During lockdowns she`s had food parcels, free meals or vouchers for the kids but unlike working people her income has never lowered. Her rent has been paid, her benefits have been paid and so has her child benefit.
Her kids are under a supervision order and both her and her boyfriend were put on a 12month suspended prison sentence for animal cruelty and taken to court by the rspca and banned from owning animals for life. All of that happened before they moved here.
The point I`m making (rather long winded I know) is lots of people are looking for decent rented property, lots of people are currently struggling due to being furloughed and are worried sick about paying their rent or being evicted for arrears and yet 3 out of 4 of the neighbours we`ve had in the past 10 years have never done a days work, don`t have a single worry about whether their rent is being paid because HB are paying it and live in a 3 bedroomed semi with a huge garden in a quiet street and directly opposite a primary school so it literally takes them 30 seconds to take their kids to school and still have the same income, still drink, smoke, get almost daily deliveries from Amazon and the like and are considered "deprived". It baffles me how the hell they get these houses and how they get their rent paid on a private let ? Yet hard working people get no or little help at all.
Mr V is 70 and I`m not far behind and our greatest wish is that the house will eventually be sold and we`ll get a decent set of neighbours who want to settle there and look after their property and the son who inherited it and leaves it in the hands of a letting agent will one day return from Spain and see just what kind of tenants have lived there.

I feel your pain as we're in the same situation on one side with the added PITA neighbour worries of having the houses down the street being council properties.

This area used to be a quiet, nice little area with nice neighbours until they started throwing up social housing here. The decision to do this baffled me as we're in a rural council in a rural area. They stuck up a small housing estate in the middle of nowhere with no transport links and not even a supermarket close by. The council paperwork stated the housing was for low-paid families/single-parent families that they acknowledged would have difficulties living out of a larger community but they still went ahead.

Now we have lots of single mothers with a raft of small kids and older bored teens along with men with cars that appear to live here with the single mums (that are getting HB to help because they live alone). The cars don't disappear during the day yet the single mums are still complaining to the council about the lack of shops. Why aren't these boyfriends taking them shopping (to get the copious amounts of booze they get though according to the recycling bins and drunken behaviour)?

Society today... where do I start?

I forgot to add to my long rant that I tried a sample of the REN Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask that was in a sample set I had for Christmas.

I've had a few sessions out of it and have been shocked at how smooth and clear it's left my skin. I use Alpha H Liquid Gold regularly but this stuff still managed to do a great job on my skin.

I won't be going for this TSV. Maybe I'll be missing out but I've not been having results from Elemis lately so it's time for a change. I'll be buying the full-size REN when I see it on offer.

I feel your pain as we're in the same situation on one side with the added PITA neighbour worries of having the houses down the street being council properties.

This area used to be a quiet, nice little area with nice neighbours until they started throwing up social housing here. The decision to do this baffled me as we're in a rural council in a rural area. They stuck up a small housing estate in the middle of nowhere with no transport links and not even a supermarket close by. The council paperwork stated the housing was for low-paid families/single-parent families that they acknowledged would have difficulties living out of a larger community but they still went ahead.

Now we have lots of single mothers with a raft of small kids and older bored teens along with men with cars that appear to live here with the single mums (that are getting HB to help because they live alone). The cars don't disappear during the day yet the single mums are still complaining to the council about the lack of shops. Why aren't these boyfriends taking them shopping (to get the copious amounts of booze they get though according to the recycling bins and drunken behaviour)?

Society today... where do I start?
And yet, whiles the 'waged' struggle , especially when in low paid employment/income reduced by furlough if the business won't pay the 20%, those on benefits have had the extra £10-20? increase! To pay for what extra expenses, when all expenses are met by DWP & the school vouchers/meals are met like V says.
All the people on the local council/social estate have MASSIVE televisions. I Know because I walked Obie in the dark once & all the curtains were open. Massive tellies (way bigger than mine) & cars all over the road.

I lived and worked in a regeneration community for years and while there are a lot of good, decent and hardworking people there are also a lot of people that have no intention of working and they know how to play the system. Many of these people have a far greater disposable income than people in low paid employment. I wish someone would tell me how people get away with living off the state because having tried to get help when long term sick or unemployed I have drawn a blank.

Back to beauty, I will have a go at the REN suggestion Alter and see what it does for me.

CC

I lived and worked in a regeneration community for years and while there are a lot of good, decent and hardworking people there are also a lot of people that have no intention of working and they know how to play the system. Many of these people have a far greater disposable income than people in low paid employment. I wish someone would tell me how people get away with living off the state because having tried to get help when long term sick or unemployed I have drawn a blank.

Back to beauty, I will have a go at the REN suggestion Alter and see what it does for me.

CC

CC there have been lots of the little Christmas sets (whole and split) on eBay. It might be worth trying a sample there first. I liked my little tube so much I cut it open to get the dregs out (and sliced my finger in the process).

REN is a lovely brand, been around for quite a while. I like their sensitive range. Their bath and body products are also really lovely.

It is, isn't it? I've tried and loved the sensitive range, hesitated using the glycolic set I was given because the sensitive suits me. I'm really glad I did, though.

The Kelp body range has really helped with my restless legs. I use the lotion early in the evening then SBC Arnica just before bed.

REN is a lovely brand, been around for quite a while. I like their sensitive range. Their bath and body products are also really lovely.
Bought up by L'oreal a while ago....

CC
how people get away with living off the state<<

Um....have lots of children? Some people have so many, they may as well just have a zip..... & save the NHS a few quid.

how people get away with living off the state<<

Um....have lots of children? Some people have so many, they may as well just have a zip..... & save the NHS a few quid.
In my local town there's a woman that has a child about every five years by different men so she doesn't have to work, and with every new baby the older kid goes into care because she claims she can't cope.

She's bright and articulate, lives in a nice house rent paid by the tax payer, and has more disposable income than I do even when I'm working, I'm convinced she made it her career choice and there is nothing social services can do about it because it is her human right to have children.

In my local town there's a woman that has a child about every five years by different men so she doesn't have to work, and with every new baby the older kid goes into care because she claims she can't cope.

She's bright and articulate, lives in a nice house rent paid by the tax payer, and has more disposable income than I do even when I'm working, I'm convinced she made it her career choice and there is nothing social services can do about it because it is her human right to have children.
...& yet a years ago people needed a license to have a dog!

Latest posts

Back