Elemis TSV 14/11/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mine arrived yesterday, and I've realised that 'velvet' looks far better on air or in a photograph. Yep, the products are ok, but the bag is constructed of possibly the cheapest version of velour/velvet available. Maybe I expected too much, as I have a beautifully soft navy velvet evening bag, and I did imagine this green offering to be of similar quality. Nope.

I’m not swayed by any of it. My only experience of Elemis in the past was a small set of the pro-collagen marine cream with SPF 30 and their micellar water. The marine cream made no difference to my skin and the micellar made my eyes sting when I removed my make up. The Garnier micellar water I usually use doesn’t do that and at £4.99 for a 700ml bottle it’s considerably better value than Elemis.

I personally think that these so-called “premium“ brands spend too much time faffing about with different fragrances and tweaked products in order to draw in new customers. They should stick to their original formulations rather than being money focused.
I’m not remotely tempted having only ever tried the pro-collagen marine cream, and like you finding it did nothing at all for me. Quite liked the texture but felt it sat on my skin a lot and was shocked at the price (ine was in a beauty box).

For someone reason the brand itself has never appealed to me at all!
I’ve only encountered it at QVC really and I don’t like Keeley (I mean I think she’s a nice person but on air she does nothing for the brand image in my opinion - not visually but her whole schtick!)

I looked at the TSV for my SIL but the sizes are too small to be great value for me - 5ml face oil and 100ml body butter (in a tube?! Surely it can’t be a proper butter then?)

But clearly many people love and rate the brans, and will get pleasure from it and the nice bag etc, so am happy for you all!

I looked at the TSV for my SIL but the sizes are too small to be great value for me - 5ml face oil and 100ml body butter (in a tube?! Surely it can’t be a proper butter then?)
it’s not a proper body butter, it’s just a body moisturiser! my set arrived today. The first ingredient is water, that says it all!
I got the lime and ginger, I’ll keep the set but it’s all very so-so.
first the bag - I’m been generous and will say it’s basic.
Some of the sizes are disappointing, small and more like luxury sample size products. The stuff you get free with a magazine.
I got it as I wanted to treat myself, it’s ok, but just ok. I won’t buy Liz Earle any more. I think I prefer L’occitine but I wanted a face moisturiser and don’t think the TSV coming up has that in it.

it’s not a proper body butter, it’s just a body moisturiser! my set arrived today. The first ingredient is water, that says it all!
Some of the sizes are disappointing, small and more like luxury sample size products. The stuff you get free with a magazine.
I got it as I wanted to treat myself, it’s ok, but just ok. I won’t buy Liz Earle any more. I think I prefer L’occitine but I wanted a face moisturiser and don’t think the TSV coming up has that in it.
Oh sorry you’re disappointed :(
Hopefully you’ll still enjoy it..

Makes sense about the “butter” not being a butter then. I was thinking of the consistency of a Body Shop body butter which is sooo thick!

I’ve never tried L’occitane skincare. I like a lot of their body products and hancream. Like the sound of the Immortelle but sadly out of my price range!

When we had the L'occitane TSV with all face products earlier this year it was a hit for me. I just wished it had the oil rather than the reset serum. Maybe they will do another face offer as it went into advanced orders and if I remember rightly that sold out to.

When we had the L'occitane TSV with all face products earlier this year it was a hit for me. I just wished it had the oil rather than the reset serum. Maybe they will do another face offer as it went into advanced orders and if I remember rightly that sold out to.
I really liked the face tsv too, had three in the end but agree with you 100% on the reset serum, would have much preferred an oil

Mine arrived yesterday, and I've realised that 'velvet' looks far better on air or in a photograph. Yep, the products are ok, but the bag is constructed of possibly the cheapest version of velour/velvet available. Maybe I expected too much, as I have a beautifully soft navy velvet evening bag, and I did imagine this green offering to be of similar quality. Nope.
Exactly what I suspected/expected with the bags, sadly.

I would rather buy individual items more suited to my needs from recent kits, cheaply from trusted QVC sellers on eBay. Or even put that amount of money to a larger Elemis cleansing balm that will last me ages. Rather than shelling out £60 on all these bits of items.

I too received mine today and agree, completely underwhelmed. Think it will be the last Elemis TSV for me. I have discovered Jane Scrivner, gorgeous textures and great prices too. Come to think of it, why did I even bother buying the Elemis??? Oh, and by the way, hello everyone, this is my first post😊. Love this forum.

I too received mine today and agree, completely underwhelmed. Think it will be the last Elemis TSV for me. I have discovered Jane Scrivner, gorgeous textures and great prices too. Come to think of it, why did I even bother buying the Elemis??? Oh, and by the way, hello everyone, this is my first post😊. Love this forum.
Welcome to the forum and hope you enjoy your time here!

You’ll learn about TSV and other offers etc early as well as plenty of opinions on them - and everything else 😊

Where do you buy Jane Scrivener products?
Did she launch on QVC not long ago? (May have imagined that!)

Welcome to the forum and hope you enjoy your time here!

You’ll learn about TSV and other offers etc early as well as plenty of opinions on them - and everything else 😊

Where do you buy Jane Scrivener products?
Did she launch on QVC not long ago? (May have imagined that!)

Thanks Totally Loopy Lou! I honestly believe this forum has already stopped me from buying tat I don't need!! I'm looking at stuff in a different light, that or at last I am tiring of QVC at last. Re Jane Scrivner skincare, I buy direct from her website or from QVC, depending on which offers best prices. Her facial oils are the best. Please read the reviews on QVC. I'm slowly changing over all my stuff to hers, oh and she gives great samples to try out too! Now I have just got to stop using Elemis pcmc!! She does good little videos on YouTube too.

My TSV arrived with a hole in the box and my PCMC hanging out :eek:
😮 nooo!

Welcome Cashers!

Friday 10.20am Katy said 96,000 (half stock) sold so essentially we have 96,000 still to get through. Keeley will be over from Cyprus for the TSV.

Welcome!

Latest posts

Back