Elemis tan accelerator

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

C

Capirossi

Guest Shopper
Does anyone know the full ingredients? What is it that makes it work? Or is it just the moisturising that brings the melanin to the surface? I have read that well moisturised skin tans better, or is there something in this formula that does it? Confused, need to know how it works before it sells out on 3 easy pays!! :wonder:

I'm sorry Capirossi, I've no idea and a quick search round on the internet hasn't given me anymore info. I use the Gatineau one every day which I love but I don't know what the active ingredient in that is either. Reviews seem quite good for the Elemis one though so may be worth a try ... wish QVC would publish a full list of ingredients online for beauty products, t'would be most helpful.

I have read some doubts about using these sorts of products. There is suppose to be an ingredient which pushes the melon thing to the surface of the skin. Its this ingredient which has caused some concerns about damaging the skin. But as I never sun bath never tried them.

Here you go
Elemis tan accelerator Ingredients:

Active: Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Other: Water, Glyceryl Stearate, Ceteareth-20, Ceteareth-12, Isopropyl Myristate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Vegetable Oil (Olus), Propylene Glycol, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Peg/Ppg-14/4 Dimethicone, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Glucose, Tyrosine, Carbomer, Diazolidinyl Urea, Fragrance (Parfum), Dichlorobenzyl Alcohol, Tocopherol, Sodium Hydroxide, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Benzyl Salicylate, Hydroxycitronellal, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Eugenol, Amyl Cinnamal

Hmm "other" is a bit worrying....

I have heard this too,something along the lines of too much melanin present in the skin equals damage already started. I too have no interest in tanning,not to the point of AY sort of aversion to the sun, we all need vitamin D,but I don't want to sunbathe or look tanned.

I bought one of the mahoosive pump size bottles of it once. Didn't make a blind bit of difference to my tan. Smelled pleasant enough but that was about it. Oh and the colour of it marked clothes etc.
Defo wouldn't bother again.

Thank you girlies :clapping: Minim where did you get that list?! I too have been trawling t'internet as I was skeptical about the whole thing. £44 is a lot for a product that doesn't actually do anything eh? The beauty industry is like the modern day equivalent of a charlatan, haha! I just couldn't get my head around this one. I don't sunbathe either, but this is the first time in years that we are going abroad 'in season' and I just thought it would be nice to get a glow, if the sun can penetrate my Ultrasun! I lost an aunty a few years ago to Melanoma so I have stopped frying myself like I used to. Will look up a few of those ingredients now, although I do think that being moisturised is the key to this whole genre of products :thinking:

Minim is very good at listing ingredients for products which I vey much appreciate,if only Q did the same.
Lynn

I don't do sunbathing but I do use the elemis tan accelerator before my annual Florida trip. I'm very fair and I always used to burn even though I'm careful with sun screen. Since using the tan accelerator I haven't burned. I don't know if it works or whether it's a coincidence but it's enough to encourage me to keep using it!

I am a red head and burn very easily, then go brown - ish, well more yellow rather then brown actually. I found the tan accelerator totally useless for me personally and I tried a few over the years

As a twice yearly Floridian vacationer I'd say don't waste your money

Over the last 15 + years I have been sucked into using both the Elemis and the Gatineau tan accelerators neither made an iota of difference

It did work for me - I'm palen and freckly and only ever burn, never tan. Well, last year I did tan and the only thing I did differently was religiously use my Elemis tan accelerator.

Thumbs down from Itchy girl. I bought the Elemis duo some years ago before our holiday to Cyprus. I am very fair skinned and used it every day religiously for two weeks before we went. I still burnt and i do use SPF. I personally think they are just glorified body lotions.

It did work for me - I'm palen and freckly and only ever burn, never tan. Well, last year I did tan and the only thing I did differently was religiously use my Elemis tan accelerator.

Craftology - do you usually moisturise (with a normal lotion) as much before your hol as you did last year with the accelerator? Still trying to work out if it's the product or just the moisturising. Am leaning towards the latter though :wonder:

I steer well clear of anything that can artificially stimulate my body into producing more of something that it would produce naturally in the appropriate amounts. Any chemical that is capable of changing the structure of my skin is too strong for me.

I've lost 2 friends in their early 40's to melanoma and I'm now evangelical about using high SPF as well as covering up a la Alison Young.

I sound over-cautious but it works for me.

Linda xx

I can't comment on the tan accelerator as I've never tried one but if you moisturise religiously every day you will keep what colour you do have for longer. I'm not sure whether moisturised skin tans any easier though.

I'm an olive skinned baby and I only need to wave at the sun to tan. I do use SPF but I never burn. Well that's not true I've burnt a couple of times in my life due to stupidity.

I've got much drier skin in the past few years and moisturise pretty much every day and I'm aware that my tan definitely lasts longer. From a holiday in October I was still being asked if I'd "been on holiday recently" in early December.

BOGOF on HQ Hair

I have a friend who swears by this & uses it before every holiday.
It's on HQ Hair at the moment, BOGOF for the 125ml tube & free delivery.

I agree with Tink. I reckon moisturising every day does just as good. I always tan easily and it always lasts a good couple of months. And I don't use an expensive lotion or anything, just tescos own brand cocoa butter body lotion.

Latest posts

Back