Elemis Supersize Pro-Radiance Cream Cleanser Duo Super Bargain Price

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

No, I meant the opening of the tube. Should have been clearer in my writing, sorry. *blush*

I'm quite smug lately ...didn't realise able is cruelty free ....sooooo pleased it is and ice been using Liz Earle shampoo and conditioner ....long smug ...just so happy that my vanity doesn't hurt animals as love them so much

WellWell, after a really long time I finally received my two cleansers: They arrived in a damaged box, which wouldn't have been a problem, but apparently I got old stock. Checking the batch code led to the production date of April 2014! I assumed getting fresh products at least produced this year and not a year and a half before. Or am I too picky about that? What do you think?

Edit: I have checked my other Elemis products bought this year and they are all fresh, produced this year.

Last edited:
WellWell, after a really long time I finally received my two cleansers: They arrived in a damaged box, which wouldn't have been a problem, but apparently I got old stock. Checking the batch code led to the production date of April 2014! I assumed getting fresh products at least produced this year and not a year and a half before. Or am I too picky about that? What do you think?

Edit: I have checked my other Elemis products bought this year and they are all fresh, produced this year.

Getting my cynical head on... perhaps someone bought the set and returned it... but switched out the product sent to them for older stock they'd bought themselves.

That's such a shame for you though, Ani... you wait extra time for them to come and you are not in UK either, if I recall correctly, so returning things (ift that's what you decide) must be more expensive and more hassle. I'd definitely ring QVC customer services and complain.

No I don't think you're picky in the slightest, you hand over money in good faith and you should get new products. That's one of the reasons I stopped buying from QVC because almost everything was second hand, they'd sent me returns, so when the last four out of five items were visibly returns, I closed my account. The majority of things are cheaper elsewhere with free delivery anyway, so I actually benefited greatly from closing my account, I'm sorry I digress. Why should you accept year old stock, when it's new stock you paid for, yes I'd phone QVC request a returns slip and demand a replacement for new stock, or refund whichever you prefer, good luck.

Thank you both! I have contacted QVC as well as Elemis themselves via e-mail on that matter and demanded a return label from QVC and a replacement with fresh stock. I am really disappointed because yes, it is a bargain price but nevertheless, I don't tolerate old products when I can and should expect new ones, after all, I pay money to get them. They can get old when stocked in my house, but not beforehand.;-)

Up until now I didn't return anything so we'll see how that works from here.

I am wondering if these came from a old TSV and they had so much stock decided to sell as a duo, and the Super Barging Price really gives it away. I never look or worry about the codes or use by dates on cosmetics. I go by the texture of the product and the smell to decide if its off.

Has the professional size ever been part of a TSV? I sometimes check batch codes just to make sure I have fresh products and to know when the three years of shelf life are ending. (I have a list.)

To be honest I haven't bought many Elemis TSVs in the last few years, did buy the one before last but who knows when I will buy again.

I have two unopened pumps sizes and the tube of the bergamot one unopened. I like it for taking makeup off so lasts me a long time, as I use different for normal morning cleanse and Eve Lom in evening if no makeup on.

I am shocked, but in a positive way: I have received a reply from QVC stating that I should keep the two cleansers as they don't want me to return them. Instead, they are going to send a replacement. WOW! I don't know what to say.

Well, we'll see what the batch code of the new set will be. I am not afraid to send all the four tubes back.

I am shocked, but in a positive way: I have received a reply from QVC stating that I should keep the two cleansers as they don't want me to return them. Instead, they are going to send a replacement. WOW! I don't know what to say.

Brilliant result, Ani.

If the tubes have been stored properly and still are sealed (little foil thingy over the hole) they should be perfectly OK to use - but as Donna has said, go by the feel and smell... the guide for most Elemis seems to be 2 years unopened. Of course, it could be the case that in the delivery process (however many delivery attempts have already been made) the product has not been stored or treated in the optimal conditions.

I can imagine QVC were thinking of the possible scenario that they kept attempting to send out said tubes, with successive people being smart enough to check batch codes and complaining - on their facebook page and/or twitter and/or their website - so making it very public that they were sending out product that is already well over halfway through its recommended unopened shelf life... and deciding it was better and more positive to make a generous gesture.

If you keep the tubes in a cool, dry, dark place both opened and unopened, the chances are they will last you well beyond the recommended times.

Yes, thank you, I store all my unopened products cool, dry and dark. It is just as I mentioned: The creams, cleansers, etc. can get old when in my house, but when bought, I expect them to be young and fresh.:-D
I am not on Facebook so can't post there, will have a look if anybody has mentioned the set there already.;-)

Today I have received the replacement and it has the same batch code as the first set. Also one and a half years old. I already contacted CS to get a return label as I want to return all four cleansers. I have to admit I am really disappointed as I can expect to get fresh products, can't I? Even for a bargain price. Think it is better to only buy TSVs in the future as they are always freshly produced. At least from my experience.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back