Elemis pro radiance cleanser V cleanse & polish

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

LE lover

Registered Shopper
:mysmilie_348: i was wondering which of these prefer. I have been using C&P for years but thought the the new elemis one looked worth a try.
I have to say i much prefer the C&P as my face feels cleaner and fresher after using it. What do you think?

:mysmilie_348:Ooh V interesting idea for a comparison thread my lovely! :mysmilie_687:

I'll be checking back to see what people think because I believe that this new cleanser is Elemis's attack on the C&P market. Textures, delivery systems and packaging don't happen by accident do they?! ;)

well i can't get the reviews up on the website L'Akin, it just comes up as this item is sold out. So i thought i'd find out opinion from here.

I'll let you know after Christmas Day however think I will see miraculous effect as I've run out of C&P and for the past week or so have been using either Loccitane milk soap or Biore Pore Unclogging Scrub to wash with - eugh! My skin still looks ok but feels so dry and I've been using Skin Repair like I have shares in LE! Can't wait to try it though. x

To find reviews you need to look up the cleanser on its own. I used the link SCW put up before the TSV for the item number.

I even wrote a review for it. The reviews are excellent to be honest.
I can no longer use C&P as it breaks my roseaca out. The Elemis one is fine and I have even used it to remove waterproof mascara, leaving it on for the minute as required.

The reason I believe C&P feels fresher is the muslin clothe to remove and the cold water as a final rinse. Or is that Eve Lom? When you use her's and the full massage and clothe dipping in and out of hot water and finally cold it is amazing. I use the Clarisonic now and use it with the Elemis cleasner again no problems.

Last edited:
I love Cleanse & Polish but, love the new Elemis cleanser too I don't think the Elemis cleanser is any better than Cleanse & Polish so for me think they are on par with each other so for re-purchases would probably go for Cleanse & Polish as its cheaper.

Probably haven't helped much!

I tried the LE once, many years ago, and returned it. I can attest, however, that the new elemis cleanser is absolutely brilliant. It is so effective, and I will certainly be purchasing it again in the future.

I'm glad someone started this thread because I was thinking of this the other day.

I usually use C&P but have been trying this one for a few weeks. I'll be honest, I don't see any difference whatsoever. Both leave my face nice and clean, neither dry my skin out and both remove eye make up easily.

The elemis is very thick so I'd suggest removing it with a muslin cloth.

I do really like the Elemis Cleanser, my face looks healthier after using it.. But C&P is good too.. I don't think i'll buy the Elemis once my one has run out though.. Love the Elemis Rose Exfoliator that came with the tsv, id buy that :mysmilie_1766:
Glad your Ojon arrived LE Lover, whoo hoo :mysmilie_1102:

Last edited:
Thanks daisy, woo hoo was exactly what i said, it was my beloved tawaka that came! i'm loving the rose exfoliator too.

I'm loving the new Elemis cleanser I've been using it at night only and Decleor or Elemis am and that seems to be working well with my skin feeling smooth and fresh, plus I thought it'd make it stretch further :mysmilie_17: I tried LE a few years back and felt it was ok, wouldn't mind trying it again sometime as my skins less combination now.

Amanda

I'm still unsure about Elemis. As I said in the TSV thread I thought that my skin was reacting to it a litle, my skin felt stingly and burny after using it. My skin tends to freak out at this time of year though so I thought that maybe it was just me. I've used a few times since and I've had no more reactions so far so I'm able to use this cleanser again!

I used to use C&P all of the time, I loved it. I had to stop using it though because it started to give me puffy eyes, even if I didn't use it directly to take my eye make up off. The elemis one is much lighter in texture than C&P and doesn't irritate my eyes at all. I used loads last night as I had quite heavy make up on and my eyes didn't bother at all, you really can cake your lashes in this cleanser and open your eyes. I removed my elemis with a Liz Earle cloth, as I do with all of my cleansers.

As for make up removing results, I think it performs equally as well as cleanse and polish, i don't see a great deal of difference between the two. I find that both of these cleansers remove long wearing make up with ease, but do need a double cleanse to get skin properly cleansed. For me, spending the extra on Elemis wouldn't be worth it. To be honest, I would use the elemis again if I got it in a good value set, but I wouldn't repeat purchase as a stand alone product. I think I was expecting too much from this product after the hype that was built up about it on TSV day.

Once my tube is finished I'll be reverting back to my usual DHC Deep Cleansing oil, it's just as gentle on my eyes and I think it removes make up more quickly and more effectively too.

I prefer C&P. I've used the Elemis one a few times and somehow seems more drying for me. I've gone back to using C&P, works better for me with the Clarisonic. I'd like to try the DHC oil though sounds nourishing.

Thanks for all your comments. I have been using the elemis with the muslin cloth. I'll persevere with it but i think i may use it in the morning and take my make up off in the evening with C&P.

I'll be sticking with LE C&P.

The Elemis cleanser is OK but I found that after massaging it round my face it seemed to dry and disappear IYKWIM. I also find it slighty tacky after slapping it on.

I will use it up but won't repurchase.

I can't wait to try mine after christmas. I have tried them all well most of them) at some time and at the moment I am using A'kin which is fine for my dry sensitive skin. I have used c & p and found it ok too.

Latest posts

Back