Elemis Capsules & Pro-Collagen

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

speckledhen

Registered Shopper
I have been using these since the TSV in the morning and a capsule and the oxygenating night-cream at night. However am finding that my face is so product coated and shiney, I have to wait for it all to sink in before applying my New CID primer and foundation and it seems to take forever. I put one whole capsule on and then a small amount of cream. Does anyone else find this? My face is loving it tho, its just that I cannot wait until lunchtime to put my make-up on....

May have to give up on the range - anyone want a large quantity of elemis??

I think overloading the skin with any brand is not good for some skins - mine included, no matter what the brand. I can't even wear a serum and moisturiser, Ultrasun and a moisturiser :-( Why don't you try using the products on their own first? However, if you decide to sell some Elemis drop me a line as I adore PCMC and their Pro-Radiance cleanser, along with a few other bits :wink:

You'll be just fine if you get your head stuck in railings speckledhen ....
Got to look for the positives in life

My skin's loving it too SH! I think I'm a convert! I wait about 15 mins then I put my primer on which matts it right down. Maybe you could try just using the Elemis at night and something a lot lighter during the day?

Personally, I would get a pin and prick the capsule. Then mix a small amount with your face cream and then apply. You could get 3 goes from one cap. Honestly PCMC, the more often you use it the less you actually need each day. The tiniest amount is all I use as it has great slip and covers well.

Great tip Donna! I felt I didn't need nearly as much of the capsule, but squeezed every last drop out as I didn't want any to go to waste. It won't compromise the ingredients if it's not completely airtight though will it?

I think overloading the skin with any brand is not good for some skins - mine included, no matter what the brand. I can't even wear a serum and moisturiser, Ultrasun and a moisturiser :-( Why don't you try using the products on their own first? However, if you decide to sell some Elemis drop me a line as I adore PCMC and their Pro-Radiance cleanser, along with a few other bits :wink:

I love the people on here! Thanks to all, I am going to try petpixie and Donna255s suggestions but if still no joy then I shall bundle it all up and post it to you Capirossi, you are more than welcome to it as I shall go back to Decleor, think of it as an early Christmas present!! I'll keep you updated.

I just use the capsules on their own for the course without moisturiser on top because my skin doesn't seem to need anything else. Then when I've used them up I go back to PCMC and Oxy Night Cream.

Jude xx

Well, if you use one capsule for 3 days, doubt it will harm the product much. This tip was given on a beauty board for another capsule like product, they felt it a waste to use up a whole one each time.

I love PCMC but I can't be arsed with the capsules. I did a course a few weeks ago. I couldn't wait to finish. What a blinking chore. Fine at night but takes forever to sink in of a morning. And I didn't notice any real difference for my efforts.

If your skin is loving it though I think Donna's tip is a really good idea. IF I'm daft enough to go round again I'll give that a go.

I love the people on here! Thanks to all, I am going to try petpixie and Donna255s suggestions but if still no joy then I shall bundle it all up and post it to you Capirossi, you are more than welcome to it as I shall go back to Decleor, think of it as an early Christmas present!! I'll keep you updated.

I'm sure you'll do much better following the suggestions, but if not I will BUY some bits off you, silly Hen!! lol :mysmilie_3: :tongue:

I love PCMC but I can't be arsed with the capsules. I did a course a few weeks ago. I couldn't wait to finish. What a blinking chore. Fine at night but takes forever to sink in of a morning. And I didn't notice any real difference for my efforts.

If your skin is loving it though I think Donna's tip is a really good idea. IF I'm daft enough to go round again I'll give that a go.

Tink you sound like me!! I can't be arsed with faff. I am not disciplined enough to stick to certain things, like the revitalash thingy that was a different make, or doing something for a certain amount of days!! It took me years to get into the routine of cleansing twice a day, and even that goes out of the window on days that I stay in, haha!!

I am just about to finish a 30 day course with the bliss capsules and the improvement in the texture of my acne rosacea skin is amazing
I just hope it lasts a while as I cant afford to buy the bliss capsules all the time.

Like donna says you only need a very small amount of PCMC
I actually found that sometimes I forgot to moisturise after the bliss capsule as my skin didnt feel like it needed anything else

Bluebell the best value PCMC is the 100ml which comes with the full month of bliss capsules for about £120. Now I know that's a shedload of money but with 30ml being £47 and 50ml being £75 or thereabouts it's worth £120 for the PCMC alone.

And the last twice I've bought the 100ml on easy pay. There's another option with a 30ml of the night cream for about the same money. I go for that if I can because I don't want the bliss capsules and they don't sell well on eBay.

If you do buy the 100ml decant it into a smaller pot otherwise it's easy to use too much.

I love the bliss capsules...i got 60 capsules off ebay for £31. Its killing my bank balance tho, took advantage of the Debenhams offer last week too and bought 50mls of PCMC and the full size Ginseng toner. My skin just drinks the lot right in...capsules are def my favourite x

Well when I buy my next 100ml of PCMC, which I will, I'll buy the bliss capsules and stick it in The Drop. I'd be delighted to £30. Or even £25!!

I use PCMC from time to time and usually buy it in little kits where I get the 30ml and sometimes the 50ml. Keeley and AY say that the more you use the less you need, so seeing as its only got a 6month shelf life after opening, do you use the 100ml in the 6 months or just carry on using it past that date if it smells and looks ok?

As long as you don't stick grubby fingers in pots that have been left open by a radiator, I think the 6 months once open is just there to cover the manufacturer from being sued. An exception to this would be something like mascara, you dont want to risk bacteria getting into eyes.

For a pot of cream that you apply to clean skin with clean fingers, that you use daily and just want to get your moneys worth from will be fine if it's not quite finished before 6 months. Just don't open it and leave on the shelf for months gathering dust.

Try to use any preservative- free products (some "natural" ones) within the time and store in the fridge if it may take longer to use up. Most products contain a preservative of some description so provided you use it regularly it will be perfectly safe. Don't throw good money away just because the msnufacturer wants to cover their arse and in turn sell more products!

I do use it in the 6 month timescale but I use it day and night on the whole. I don't put my mitts in the big pot either. I decant it into a clean 30ml pot with a spoon. Then I do it up and shove it back in a cupboard.

I also use it as an eye and neck cream.

I would use it after the six months though.

Funny someone on Facebook asked about the shelf life of Elemis and the PCMC. According to Elemis(not Keeley), a 100mls pot should last 6 months. Now to be honest I once had a 100mls size which I didn't open for about two years and it lasted well over six months. Smelt the same, the texture etc was the same as when I opened it. If your hands are clean(which no doubt they will be as you have just cleansed your face etc), there should be no problems. When you hit the six months, the product will not suddenly develop mould and turn green, your face will not fall off either.

Latest posts

Back