Elemis Capsules & Pro-Collagen

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I take no notice of shelf life to be honest. I once had a bottle of Philosophy Microdelivery wash go a bit funny but I 'literally' hadn't used it for about a year! I tend to go for the TSV's with the PCMC in, or failing that buy off ebay, I would never pay £47 for a pot, no matter how much I love it, when there are more economical ways of getting it. The bits I don't want in the TSV go on ebay to cover, or part cover, the whole outlay - everyone's a winner! I also use it all over my face, neck, eyes, decollete (sp) and sometimes back of hands too, I don't believe in seperate creams, it's all about moisture at the end of the day.

I quite like the little silver tubes of PCMC, tubes being generally more hygienic than pots and they're the cheapest way to buy the product on ebay because, for some reason people prefer a 30ml sized pot or larger. Once I get to the end of any tube I just cut it in half and use a cotton bud to get the rest out, then wedge the two cut edges one inside the other to close it again because there's usually a couple of days' worth of applications in there that squeezing alone won't get out.

I'd never buy 100ml PCMC because I get bored and swap between products and, in terms of ecomomy, the 30ml TSV sizes suit me perfectly. I might be tempted by the Judith Williams 100ml moisturisers because they work out very reasonable (ml for ml) and I'd be happy to share with my other half.

Jude xx

I use PCMC from time to time and usually buy it in little kits where I get the 30ml and sometimes the 50ml. Keeley and AY say that the more you use the less you need, so seeing as its only got a 6month shelf life after opening, do you use the 100ml in the 6 months or just carry on using it past that date if it smells and looks ok?

Some time ago, I raised this issue with Elemis HQ. I was told that an Elemis product once opened has a six-month shelf life. One can still use the product after the end of the six months; the product will not cause any harm but it will not work to its best ability.

Elemis added that products which remain unopened have a life expectancy of between two to three years after production.

The date of production of an Elemis product is incorporated into the seven- or eight-digit batch number on the bottom of the packaging. To identify date of production, look at the last four digits of the batch number. The first two refer to the month, and the last two to the year of production. However, you have to deduct ten from the last two digits.

For example, if the batch number is 12340421, ignore 1234 and focus on 0421

04 April
21 minus 10 = 11 = 2011

Thus the date of production is April 2011.

To date, all of the Elemis products bought by me from Le Q have been produced within the last three years. Unfortunately, it looks like the same cannot be said about products from a similarly high-end skincare company beginning with D.

Jay

Thanks for that Minnehaha, although I remain sceptical about Elemis' motives for taking that line. The whole point of a shelf life is bacteria and breakdown of the preservative in a product, causing it to "go off". They can't have it both ways, by saying it is safe to use they must be saying that the preservative is still effective after 6 months. Every beauty product has to have the little symbol on the bottom with either a 6M, a 12M or greater. This is to comply with EU regulations. American products are different, but LG has to do it as they are manufactured in the EU. So Elemis is saying there is ANOTHER reason for the shelf life, not the preservative, just the other ingredients in their product wont work after 6 months? What utter bol**cks!! A cynicsl attempt to persuade people to buy more of their stuff . If they had any sence they would have judt said 6 months because of EU regulations. But they know people realise it's just to be on the safe side so they come up with something else.

I stopped using Elemis a while ago now as I don 't like the claptrap they spout.

If I still used Elemis, so would I Tink!!! They were reccommended for me at an Elemis spa on my honeymoon but never did buy any.

I will buy other sizes and I have bought kits in the past but given that I use it in preference to anything else the 100ml is the best option for me. I don't buy Elemis from eBay because I don't know if it's been opened and how long ago. I'm a bit of neat freak and unless I know what I'm buying from eBay is sealed then I won't buy. Daft really as I sell products that I've never touched so others must do the same.

I'll yell when I've got Bliss Capsules. I'd rather sell them here than on eBay. At least that way I'm getting a better price and someone else gets a bargain too. Double bubble.

I'm only just into a new pot though so it may be a while unless I see it on easy pay as then I buy to keep in stock :eek:)

Now cutting the tube open, I have noticed(I do it myself), that once the air gets to the remains they develop a dried layer if not used within two days.

I can see the super ingredient standing with a stop watch and going right my 6 months is up and I am on strike!:grin:

Minniehaha, you should see the perfume boards I visit, some workout the batch codes for different brands and which batch is better than another. The questions usually I bought Creed, is this batch a good one?

If you cut the top third of the tube off then you can shove the two pieces back together. The product still dries out a bit but not quite so fast. Or you can decant what's left into a small clean pot if it's quite a bit. If it's sealed it'll last longer. Superdrug do small pots to decant creams and potions into.

If you cut the top third of the tube off then you can shove the two pieces back together. The product still dries out a bit but not quite so fast. Or you can decant what's left into a small clean pot if it's quite a bit. If it's sealed it'll last longer. Superdrug do small pots to decant creams and potions into.

That's what I do,cut off the top third & shove the two pieces together.
If I don't have a small pot handy to decant into then I just use a small plastic bag ie a sandwich bag & pop the tube inside,this helps stops the product from drying out.

Some time ago, I raised this issue with Elemis HQ. I was told that an Elemis product once opened has a six-month shelf life. One can still use the product after the end of the six months; the product will not cause any harm but it will not work to its best ability.

Elemis added that products which remain unopened have a life expectancy of between two to three years after production.

The date of production of an Elemis product is incorporated into the seven- or eight-digit batch number on the bottom of the packaging. To identify date of production, look at the last four digits of the batch number. The first two refer to the month, and the last two to the year of production. However, you have to deduct ten from the last two digits.

For example, if the batch number is 12340421, ignore 1234 and focus on 0421

04 April
21 minus 10 = 11 = 2011

Thus the date of production is April 2011.

To date, all of the Elemis products bought by me from Le Q have been produced within the last three years. Unfortunately, it looks like the same cannot be said about products from a similarly high-end skincare company beginning with D.

Jay

I found this quite interesting but not all my Elemis items have 8 digit codes
I have a PCMC that I have just finished and it is 223 1119 so I am guessing this was made November 2009
I put a sticker on my products when I buy them with the purchase date so I use them in order bought
and my sticker was 05/10 so 11/09 sounds right
but what about the other products that dont have a code?
and also is this the same for other companies or just Elemis?

Just to update, now I'm not using the capsules the PCMC and the Oxygenating Night are lovely, and I don't have to wait ages to put my make-up on in the mornings. I have decided to use the capsules at night, because it doesn't matter if I slide off the pillows, and my skin is liking it.

Thanks for all the advice, I nearly chucked the whole lot in the bin, thinking it was the formulation of the PCMC that took ages to sink in. This forum is so helpful!!

Latest posts

Back