Elemis big deal

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Keeley was on the Q the other day/week? and said that the company are manufacturing Padina Pavonica in the lab instead of using the real ingredient …

Tinkering with the ingredients is a no no for me so no more PCMC and it is now becoming too expensive.

We knew that. Absolutely ridiculous and their products don’t even suit my skin. I gave the last lot of PCMC to an old colleague. Bizarrely it made my skin tighter (& that was the extra rich). I’ve also got to the stage where Keeley irritates me so much I can’t bear to watch her. Plus I’m convinced they offload all old unsold stock onto to QVC to be sold off as Big Deals & TSV’s
Totally agree about the old stock…. And Keeley!

Keeley was on the Q the other day/week? and said that the company are manufacturing Padina Pavonica in the lab instead of using the real ingredient …

Tinkering with the ingredients is a no no for me so no more PCMC and it is now becoming too expensive.
They tinkered with the ingredients for the super serum elixir and called it new & improved..the reviews were really bad! Turns out they hadn't consulted customers!!

Very wary of well established products being “new & improved”. Not only do I remember the Floracil debacle but the whole Decleor range. I’ve still yet to find anything that matches Decleor.

It’s not only skincare and cosmetics but food as well. In the case of food the more expensive ingredients are reduced and or the pack sizes. Occasionally I used to buy butter but it got silly in price., so just used my normal low fat spread. I have home grocery deliveries and noticed that butter had gone down in price. When I looked yes price was lower but so was the size. No longer 250grams but now 200 grams! So price hadn’t reduced at all. Did not buy.

Yes, it's like when you go shopping to buy a favourite food item, and you see 'new recipe' on the front of the packaging.
It's always a disappointment to realise that an old favourite is gone forever......M&S food hall....I'm looking at you!

Decleor was a lovely brand, sad to see it go, but when it got bounced around various companies, I suppose it was inevitable.

Re Elemis.... a couple of years ago, I noticed that PCMC started to have 12 months after opening symbol, when it had always been 6 months.
I remember wondering what had changed, that they were now able to double that period after opening??

I'm thinking of moving away from the brand when I've used everything up.

Very wary of well established products being “new & improved”. Not only do I remember the Floracil debacle but the whole Decleor range. I’ve still yet to find anything that matches Decleor.

It’s not only skincare and cosmetics but food as well. In the case of food the more expensive ingredients are reduced and or the pack sizes. Occasionally I used to buy butter but it got silly in price., so just used my normal low fat spread. I have home grocery deliveries and noticed that butter had gone down in price. When I looked yes price was lower but so was the size. No longer 250grams but now 200 grams! So price hadn’t reduced at all. Did not buy.
Shrink flation I believe it’s called.
Also known as a swizz.

Latest posts

Back