Elemis - 03/03/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I did say I thought the TSV would be higher in the £60 range. So are we getting the 3p P&P???? If not then its £6!
To be honest for me the Melting Cleanser is a balm texture, sound like this new one which also turns to a milk like thing does the same.

They could have just put the Melting one in a pot.

In my local Elemis store they don't stock the 30ml size. It's only the 50ml. They have the 30ml and the 100ml in kits but not as standalone products. When I asked the price of the 30ml the girlie looked at me blankly. I wasn't going to buy it. I just wanted to know the price.

In my local Elemis store they don't stock the 30ml size. It's only the 50ml. They have the 30ml and the 100ml in kits but not as standalone products. When I asked the price of the 30ml the girlie looked at me blankly. I wasn't going to buy it. I just wanted to know the price.

Im pretty sure ive heard them say on QVC that the 30ml is only available on its own from QVC its not stocked in stores and salons unless its part of a kit, not idea how true that it is never looked tbh.

I disliked this, too. I've had a few Elemis facials recently and had the Face-thing-machine that takes pics to show damage etc. It showed a bit of improvement first few times, then went downhill. So I laid off Elemis and went back on Emma Hardie cleanser, no toner and Creme de la Mer oil free lotion (my fave moisturiser of all time). Went back a few weeks later and had dramatic improvements! Didn't have the heart to tell her I wasn't using Elemis any more!!
Creme de la Mer is a new name to me so I went to check prices, ouch, that's pretty steep! If QVC ever sell it I'd be curious to try.

Marina, CdM is owned by Estee Lauder and has been for a number of years. Many say EL watered down the formula and its no where as good as when first released.

On some US beauty boards many swear that Nivea in the blue pot made in Germany(in the US they get a version made in Mexico and not as good it seems), is just as good. Original CdM was very thick just like Nivea.

Marina, CdM is owned by Estee Lauder and has been for a number of years. Many say EL watered down the formula and its no where as good as when first released.

On some US beauty boards many swear that Nivea in the blue pot made in Germany(in the US they get a version made in Mexico and not as good it seems), is just as good. Original CdM was very thick just like Nivea.
Well I never knew that maybe I should be trying Nivea.
Lynn

Oh Donna, thank you, you saved me lots of time doing research. I did use the blue pot Nivea with Q10 years ago and it was very good.

Well, I just got an email this morning from The Beauty Bible telling me I've been selected as a tester for a new anti ageing product tester trial thingy. Paid my £30 and looking forward to receiving my haul to test and review. So it looks like I won't be needing any skincare for a long while.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Well, I just got an email this morning from The Beauty Bible telling me I've been selected as a tester for a new anti ageing product tester trial thingy. Paid my £30 and looking forward to receiving my haul to test and review. So it looks like I won't be needing any skincare for a long while.

Are you allowed to say what you're testing (when you know) or do you have to keep schtum? :mysmilie_11:

I can't believe you are paying them Flamenco, not the other way round as they are testing on you.
I actually thought that people were given samples in return for a favour of testing them.

Well I'm off to a three hour market research panel on Thursday about make up. I don't get any samples but I get paid £110 for going. Happy Tink!

Latest posts

Back