Eilidh Nairn

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

My nan used to collect bits of string(?) and buttons. She had an old biscuit tin full of buttons that didn't match any when she needed one so she had to buy a new pack 🤭
I remember my Gran doing the same. She would always unpick string on a parcel, never cut it :) - always kept the string for re-use. And you never, ever, threw away buttons - always went in the tin with a picture of the late Queen's 1953 coronation on it! I suppose it was the effect of living through the Second World War: it was make do and mend, never throw anything away that could be re-used.

I remember my Gran doing the same. She would always unpick string on a parcel, never cut it :) - always kept the string for re-use. And you never, ever, threw away buttons - always went in the tin with a picture of the late Queen's 1953 coronation on it! I suppose it was the effect of living through the Second World War: it was make do and mend, never throw anything away that could be re-used.
My Nan used to have a button tin - I loved looking through, she had all sorts and I was fascinated by the shoe buttons

My Nan used to have a button tin - I loved looking through, she had all sorts and I was fascinated by the shoe buttons
I’ve still got a button box. I knit a lot and the cost of new buttons is expensive. Old cardigans, blouses and dresses that are too worn to donate to charity get the buttons removed and reused. It’s something my mum used to do and my sister and I still do.

I’ve still got a button box. I knit a lot and the cost of new buttons is expensive. Old cardigans, blouses and dresses that are too worn to donate to charity get the buttons removed and reused. It’s something my mum used to do and my sister and I still do.
That’s lovely - I’m fascinated by buttons 🥰

Good luck with your move
Thank you Grizelda,I just wish the Solicitors would get their fingers out. We've ended up getting the Estate Agent involved as they are their solicitors and recommended them.
We spoke to our buyers and they said their solicitor's computers were down and today we've found out that our solicitor's computers are down.🤔🤔

Thank you Grizelda,I just wish the Solicitors would get their fingers out. We've ended up getting the Estate Agent involved as they are their solicitors and recommended them.
We spoke to our buyers and they said their solicitor's computers were down and today we've found out that our solicitor's computers are down.🤔🤔
They all need a swift kick up the bum.

I've got a button box, not because I need any spare buttons, but because I remember going to the old lady next door when I was little and being so absorbed in her button box, and my own children and grandchildren loved playing with my button box.

Good luck with your house move, I still shudder after my last move and the seemingly chaotic goings on. Not improved by my stupid buyers that started to threaten to lower the price on my house if I didn’t move by a certain date.That was before exchange of contracts and if I wasn’t desperate to buy my present property I could have pulled out, left them living in Hotel they decided to move in to starting all over again finding another property.Needless to say I didn’t leave a bottle of wine & Good luck card.

Latest posts

Back