Ecoegg TSV 09/07/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Do they actually work? It seems too good to be true, as quite extravagant claims are made as to how many washes you get.

Do they actually work? It seems too good to be true, as quite extravagant claims are made as to how many washes you get.

My daughter in law bought one from Amazon because my oldest grand daughter is prone to eczema and she thought it would be better than detergent. She binned it after a week, said it was useless and now uses Faith In Nature laundry liquid which cleans a treat and contains no nasties.

After seeing and reading some of the hype, I rather thought that might be the case.
My daughter in law bought one from Amazon because my oldest grand daughter is prone to eczema and she thought it would be better than detergent. She binned it after a week, said it was useless and now uses Faith In Nature laundry liquid which cleans a treat and contains no nasties.

After seeing and reading some of the hype, I rather thought that might be the case.

I`ve never used one myself but DIL said the girls school dresses and white knee socks came out as dirty as they went in and it also didn`t work well on tea towels, underwear and anything with any stain on it.

I notice all the reviews are now missing. Everytime they bring out a new ecoegg tsv the reviews for previous ones disappear. I daresay to sucker in new buyers. Personally I just don`t get the hype around them. Washing powder isn`t that expensive to use, especially if you buy one of the huge big sizes or a supermarket own brand and for those people who ( like me ) want to use a green product but one which actually works , then the 5 litre Faith In Nature laundry liquid washes well and you only need one pump per load so the 5ltr bottle lasts for months.

i hated it. nearly caused ww2 everybody's clothes smelled of sweat and full of stains. and the balls kept being released into the washing machine waste of money. returned mine

Yeh, y mum fell for the hype a few years ago and wished she hadn't bothered...they were utter rubbish

I bought the egg last August and love it! I haven't had a problem with the eggs opening at all and don't have an issue with the eggs cleaning properly. If there is an in depth stain I use the stain remover and it seems to work well. I do use Fairy fabric softener though as well as the egg since I prefer my clothes to come out smelling nice. However, I am amazed at the hype about this product - I do like it because it's easy to use and it cleans clothes but I wouldn't do cartwheels over it as the brand ambassador has been doing all day....a bit of a turn off.

I can honestly say I find them ok ....the only problem was Jeans ...they need washing on their own ...but basically I'm lazy so chucking an egg in with all the dosing sorted and it doing a fine job as far as I'm concerned in the past year or so I'm happy to keep using them but ....they are not the best thing since sliced bread ...it's a habit for me now and I do think I've saved some money ..."average family " 932 washes or whatever it is as long as it's short really ...what is the "average family ? ....I just get pulled in :mysmilie_17: ..l.but I wouldn't keep using if I didn't like them ...I would say you can't overload the machine clothes with them as the balls wont work ( gawd that sounds rude :mysmilie_15: ) ...I think worth ago if you don't mind just chancing it ...I'm glad I didn't let the bad reviews sway me .... maybe I need to go to to "Eco eggs use anonymous lol "

Latest posts

Back